InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On a Wing & a Prayer ❯ Do You Have to Yell Like That? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On a Wing & a Prayer

Part V: Do You Have to Yell Like That?

The next morning when Gina awoke, everything was the same as it had been the day before. She was still in Sesshomaru's castle, and she had no idea when exactly she would be able to leave. But, she had seen Sesshomaru in a new light. Not that she thought he was a good, kind-hearted being. It was just that under his cold, evil exterior, he may have a righteous heart. Or at least a part of it.

Gina sat up and ran a hand through her hair. It only took a few seconds for one her fingers to snag on a knot. She stood, fumbling through the dark room. She wandered over to one of the windows, quickly opening the drape. As soon as she did this, the large room flooded with light. She moved her eyes along the span of the room, when her eyes fell on a small, ebony vanity.

She opened another window. She was sick of all this darkness. When the room was lit, Gina walked over to the vanity, humbled by the one she had in her castle, and started scouring for a comb. After a few minutes, she found one that was made of ivory. She took it to her hair ad began brushing. She sighed a little. "Everything in this castle is so nice," she muttered, "If its master was, it would be a perfect match." She quickly brushed out the rest of her hair, and after tightening her black yukata back up from sleeping in it, she went to the door.

Gina quickly opened the large door and took a step outside into the hall, where she was greeted by Kyoko. "Well," the kitsune servant started, "I was just coming to see if you were awake. The lord was asking about you." Gina raised an eyebrow. "Really?" she asked quizzically. Kyoko simply nodded. "It was a vague mention of you, but…" the fox replied simply. Gina thought for a moment, staring off into space.

Why is he asking about me? Why in all the hells would he… Gina came back from her thoughts when Kyoko waved a hand in her face. "Anyone home?" she asked. Gina laughed a little, smirking half-heartedly. Kyoko raised an eyebrow. "Just what exactly did you two do to make him ask about you?" the kitunse asked. Gina simply scowled. "I would do no such thing! I am engaged after all," she hissed. Kyoko laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," she chuckled. Gina looked away, still glaring at her. "Well, it wasn't very funny," she said angrily.

Gina looked at Kyoko's odd grin. "What…exactly did he ask?" Gina inquired. Kyoko shook her head a little. "Nothing much…he simply asked if you had yet awaken, and that was what I was coming to see you," Kyoko replied. Gina nodded a little, thought for a moment, and then started walking. Kyoko turned and called after her. "Where are you going?" Gina stopped for a moment and looked back and gave a simple reply, "I'm going to find Sesshomaru."

The young princess walked down the hall, moving as silently as she could. That guy is like a ghost. He moves like a shadow or something… With the thoughts of how stealth and agile Sesshomaru was, she hadn't even noticed him walking behind her. As they walked, Sesshomaru following her like a spirit, he cleared his throat. Gina stopped, and slowly turned, and when she shrieked.

As Gina calmed down, Sesshomaru rubbed one of his ears, wincing a little. "Do you have to scream like that?" he asked sarcastically. Gina simply glared at him. "Do you have sneak up on people like that?!" she yelled. "Quiet!" he shouted. Gina bit her tongue, simply fearing he would punish her in some way. "So," he asked, "Do you still want to learn how to wield a blade, or are you too frail to take up a man's skill?" Gina scowled at him. "Of course I still want to! I want to get out of here," she growled, her voice changing to a sarcastic murmur, "Although it would be much easier if you escorted me." Sesshomaru looked down at her with a thoughtful look for a moment, then grabbed onto her arm.

He started walking, Gina still in tow. "What do you think you're doing?!" she demanded angrily. He looked back at her, smirking mockingly. "I'm simply taking your advice and getting rid of you myself," he replied. And so, he kept walking, lugging Gina along behind him.