InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon A December ❯ The Winds of Change ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Once Upon A December

Chapter Two

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Anastasia. Please don't copy or steal!

Author's notes: Hey everyone! Do you like the fic so far? I really like the idea and I hope you do too! Sorry for not having any notes at the end of the last chapter but I really couldn't think of anything. Just like I can't think of anything now, so why don't I just get right into the next chapter? Please review! ^_^

~Chapter Two~

"Kikyo!? Who the hell is that!?" Kagome shouted, ripping her hand out of Inuyasha's grasp. "What is your problem?"

"Miss, I'm sorry. But you look an awful lot like the young woman we've been looking for." Miroku explained. "Her picture is right there." Kagome looked to her side and sitting on a small table was a dusty old photograph of a girl who did look just like her. Kagome gasped.

"Isn't the resemblance remarkable?" Miroku asked.

"Yeah…could I ask…what happened to her? I mean why are you two looking for her?" Kagome asked.

"She was a good friend of ours when we were younger. She was the daughter of a great miko family, while I was the son of a monk who lived in this village and Inuyasha here was taken in by your family when they found him when he was about three."

"But then a demon, Naraku attacked the family because they protected the Shikon no Tama, a very powerful jewel." Inuyasha continued. "He slaughtered anyone who had been in direct contact with the jewel, which included Kikyo, but she managed to escape. We found Naraku sealed away, it looked to be like the power of the Shikon no Tama, but we couldn't find Kikyo anywhere. Later we discovered that Naraku was gone. We figured some of his followers took him away because there was a very powerful seal around him that wasn't going to break anytime soon on him."

"Shikon…no…Tama…" Kagome whispered.

"What?" Miroku asked.

Kagome blinked then shook her head. "It was nothing." She lied. 'Did I almost remember something just then. That's what it felt like."

As she contemplated what was going on Miroku and Inuyasha went into a huddle and began to whisper. "She's perfect!" Miroku smirked.

"I know. I doubt she could be the real thing though, she doesn't act like her." Inuyasha pointed out.

"Yeah, but she could be our ticket out of here. We'll pass her off as Kikyo to Kaede and then we'll get the reward money and run." Miroku devised the plan.

"Great, but how do we get her to agree to it?" Inuyasha wondered.

"Leave that to me." Miroku patted him on the shoulder and walked over to Kagome. "Miss…um I didn't catch you're name."

"Well everybody calls me Kagome." She replied.

"Is that your real name though?" Miroku arched his eyebrows. 'This could work out better than I suspected.' He thought

"I don't know, I don't remember anything before I was brought to the orphanage when I was about six." Kagome replied.

"Ah, amnesia." Miroku nodded. 'Perfect.' "So what brings you three here?" He asked.

"Well I was supposed to be going to a different village to find a job as a servant, but then I met Shippo and Kirara and we decided to come here. We don't really have any plans." She told him.

"Did you ever think about going to Kyoto?" Miroku wondered, pulling at something in his pocket.

"Kyoto? But that's so far from here! On the other side of the country." Kagome gasped.

"Yes, well you see Inuyasha and I were planning on going there once we found Kikyo. She's been missing since she was six and we're trying to reunite her with her great aunt, Kaede." Miroku informed Kagome.

"Yeah, so what does that have to do with me?" Kagome asked.

"Well you do seem an awful lot like Kikyo. I mean look at all the coincidences! You have amnesia; don't know where you come from. You were six when you were found, and when she was lost. It's very possible. I was just saying that we could go and then see what Kaede thinks. You know, find out if you're the real thing or not." Miroku lined up his evidence.

"No way!" Kagome exploded. "I couldn't do something like that. It just seems to reckless."

"Oh well…" Miroku sighed and waved three train tickets in the air. "I guess we'll have to keep searching." He turned and started walking away, pulling Inuyasha with him.

"Miroku!? What are you doing? You're just giving up?" Inuyasha whispered.

"Patience Inuyasha." Miroku smiled. "Three…two…one."

"Wait!" Kagome cried.

"Hm?" Miroku turned back to face here.

"I'll do it. I mean, it'll just be a big misunderstanding if I'm not Kikyo or whatever right?" Kagome shrugged. "I need something to do anyways, I suppose looking for my past is just the thing." She looked down at Shippo and Kirara. "Is that okay with you two?"

"Sure!" Shippo nodded and Kirara mewed.

"Oh, you're good." Inuyasha whispered.

"Why thank-you my friend." Miroku smiled as they joined the other three. "So it's decided, we're all going to Kyoto to find your past!"

***

Kagome laid on the hardwood floor, curled up with a blanket Miroku had given her. Next to her Shippo and Kirara were already asleep. She gazed out a window and watched the snow slowly falling down. 'It's cold in here…' She thought and shivered.

Suddenly behind her she heard a soft thumping sound. She turned on to her other said and saw Inuyasha now sitting Indian style on the floor, his eyes closed. 'Is he going to sleep like that?' She wondered.

"What?" Inuyasha demanded his eyes still closed.

Kagome gasped. "Um, sorry, didn't mean to stare, but aren't you cold? You don't even have a blanket." She stuttered.

"Yeah, well I don't need a blanket. I don't get cold." Inuyasha replied rudely.

"Well soooory." Kagome rolled her eyes. "Just trying to show a little concern, but I can see it's wasted on you." She flipped on to her back and soon fell asleep.

***

"Kanna? Why did you call me?" Kagura asked bitterly as she entered the hidden cave.

"Master Naraku…" Kanna replied her mysterious, breathless voice.

Kagura looked over at the frozen form of Naraku. Powerful, evil energy seemed to be seeping from him. "He's…he's…"

"The other half must be near…" Kanna clutched her mirror. "He will be awake soon."

"Tell me when he awakens Kanna." Kagura said sharply and left the cave. 'No.' She thought. 'I don't want him to awaken. I want to be free.'

***

The next day Kagome, Inuyasha, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara made their way to the train station. As soon as they boarded and packed away what little luggage they had Miroku started out of the cabin. "Where are you going?" Inuyasha asked.

"To see all the young ladies of course!" He smiled and left.

"I swear Miroku! If you get us thrown of this train I'll kill you!" Inuyasha called after him.

Kagome giggled a bit. 'These two are quite interesting.'

"What are you laughing about?" Inuyasha huffed and slumped down into his seat.

"Nothing." Kagome replied. "Its just that you two seem to be best friends, and worst enemies at the same time."

"Keh, Miroku's just a pervert that's all." Inuyasha closed his eyes and stretched out on the seat so he was lying down.

"I could tell." Kagome rolled her eyes.

"What's a pervert Kagome?" Shippo asked.

"Um…well I'll tell you when you're older." Kagome said nervously.

***

"Kanna?" A voice rang through the small demon's head.

"Master Naraku?" She asked.

"Yes…I am still not completely free, but almost. I need you to tell Kagura to go out and hunt down that miko, Kikyo. She's still alive, my jewel shard tells me so." Naraku ordered.

"Yes master Naraku." Kanna nodded. "And what should she do once she finds her?"

"Kill her. Kill her and take back the other half to the Shikon no Tama!"

***

Kagome was steadily falling asleep as the train rolled down the tracks. Beside her Shippo and Kirara were already napping, and she was unsure about Inuyasha, lying on the other side of the cabin. Her head began to feel heavy so she laid it against the window of the cabin, her eyes closed. She opened her eyes, trying to stay awake, but as she did a face appeared in the window. Kagome jumped back and screamed as loud as she possibly could.

Inuyasha jumped off of his seat, completely alert. He turned to the window and starred at the face and sniffed the air. "Kagura…" He growled.

"Who?!" Kagome asked.

"Kagome? What's going on?" Shippo asked as he and Kirara woke up.

The woman backed away from the window. She held up a fan and swung it foreward. "Look out!!" Inuyasha shouted. He ran and pushed Kagome, Shippo and Kirara out of the way. The wall of the cabin was shred to pieces, the glass of the window shattering everywhere. Kagome screamed again, Shippo shouting as well.

As soon as the four of them hit the ground Inuyasha was up again, facing Kagura, the cold wind from outside blowing, rustling his white hair and his robes. "Kagura, I thought you had crawled up under some rock never to be seen again after the thrashing we gave you." He smirked.

"You call that a thrashing?" She let out a laugh. "That was nothing compared to what I'm about to do to you! Lord Naraku is awaking and nothing can stop him!" She held the fan up again.

"Inuyasha! Kagome!" Miroku cried as he ran into the train car they were in. "What's going…oh shit." He gulped and braced himself against the wall. "Inuyasha, we need to get off this train! Innocent lives are in danger here!"

"You think I don't know that!?" Inuyasha barked back at him. "You get Kagome and the others out of here. I'll follow in a few."

Miroku nodded and swiftly pulled Kagome, Shippo and Kirara into the hall of the train. Together they ran to the caboose of the train, waiting nervously for Inuyasha. "Will Inuyasha be okay?" Kagome whispered.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about him. We took her down when we were only little kids. He'll be here in a few minutes and then we'll get off this thing."

"So who's that Naraku person that woman was talking about?" Shippo wondered.

"What!?" Miroku's eyes widened and his voice squeaked a bit. "What exactly did she say about Naraku?"

"She said that Naraku is awakening and nothing will stop him…I think." Kagome remembered.

"Well that certainly isn't good…" Miroku groaned.

"I could tell…" Kagome gulped. "What do Naraku and that Kagura person have to do with you two?"

"Actually it's more like what he has to do with you." Miroku pointed at her.

"Me?" Kagome gasped.

"Yes, but I'll explain all that when things settle down."

Just then Inuyasha broke down the door to the caboose and ran in. "We have to get off. Kagura's gotten better, I can't fight her with all these people around." He shouted.

"All right then." Miroku nodded and kicked open the final door, letting the cold winter air in. "Let's go."

Inuyasha scooped Kagome, who was holding Shippo and Kirara, into his arms. "Ready?" He asked as he carried them to the open door.

"Ready? For…" Kagome started just as Inuyasha jumped out of the moving train. "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!????" She screeched in fear as Shippo joined in the screaming.

Inuyasha sighed as they landed safely into a rather large snow bank, with Miroku not far behind. "Well that was fun." Miroku laughed heartily.

"Oh yeah…loads." Kagome rolled her eyes. "Hey Inuyasha, you're girlfriends coming…" Kagome teased and pointed up into the sky where Kagura was now floating towards them on a giant feather.

Inuyasha let Kagome and the other down and stood up. "You ready Miroku?" He asked.

"Of course." Miroku stood up and nodded.

Author's Notes: Well that's all for now. I hope I get more reviews this time around. Well anyways…I hope you enjoyed it and if you have ideas I'm always looking for them. ^_^