InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Difference ❯ Reflection ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One Difference:

Chapter Three:

Two Priestesses and One Hanyou

~*~

June 30th, 1600

12: 00 pm

The sun was high. The grass and flowers fluttered in the light, warm breeze, and the tree that she stood under was providing just enough shade so that she wasn't to hot. The stream near this tall tree ran peacefully, as small children ran through it. Birds sung sweet songs, as they flew over the rice fields. It was peaceful; demo peaceful wasn't the word to describe it. Perhaps because she only felt sorrow.

Sorrow for the death of her mother, sorrow for the change it caused in her sister, sorrow for the people who died on this day four seasons ago, and though it was ludicrous, sorrow for the death of the tribe of wolf demons, which she had helped to slay. She didn't normally feel so much sorrow, but today it couldn't be helped. She new her mother would not want her to feel sorrow, she new that her once fun loving sister would tell her that she should grow up, and realize that Okaa-san was never coming back, and she new that he father would tell her to not be so weak. But she didn't mind.

She bent down, letting her legs fold underneath her, as she placed the small bouquet of flowers at the trunk of the tree. She placed her hands together, and bowed, as was a sign of respect for the dead. Her bouncy, long raven hair fell to cover her face, as she closed her gray-blue eyes. She lifted her head, and brushed her right hand over the grass that had grown back in a year's time. As her lightly tanned hand met the soft earth a tear sprang to her eye, she could still fell the aura of her mother on this grave. She drew her hand back into her lap and began to speak softly.

"Okaa-san, I miss you so much, you wouldn't believe how much things have changed since you've be gone. Kikyou-chan and I are both priestesses now. But ever since you died things have been so different. Kikyou-chan changed so much. She's still kind, but I can tell that she's different now, when she smiles, her smiles hold so much sorrow. When she laughs, it's a dry laugh. When I look into her eyes, it's like there's a dark void, which will never be filled. And………and when she found out that you had died, her aura changed, it became darker. She was glowing black, and when she shot her arrow at the wolf youkai that killed you It glowed a blackish color. But the strangest thing of all, she……… she had the character for `hate' on her fore head, and it was glowing black, like the arrow. But I'll never forget the look in her eyes, it was like she had lost her soul, the only emotion that they showed was hate. I'll never forget the hate in her eyes, or the lust for revenge. At first I wanted revenge too, but then I realized that even if I killed ever last youkai of that tribe, than it wouldn't bring you back. The strange thing was, there was only one youkai who Kikyou-chan didn't kill, I think that he was their leader.

Kikyou wasn't the only one who changed though, Otou-san did too. But he was worse than Kikyou. It was so………" She was cut off, but the whooshing sound of an arrow, or at least she thought it was an arrow. She turned around to see a big red blur streak past her, and toward the village.

She quickly got up and ran after it. She was fast, but not as fast as what ever had interrupted her was. She ran as fast as she could, the dewy grass was slippery though, and that made it harder. She reached the village just in time to see that her sister was chasing the red blur, which she now saw as a boy with long white hair, back toward her.

She quickly crouched down, ready to jump him as he ran by, she had figured out that he was a youkai, and, judging by his speed, a strong one. She was about to pounce on him when he changed directions, and went toward the tree her mothers grave was under. She jumped up and quickly went after him again. She had nearly caught up to him when she heard her sister call her name.

"KAGOME!" Yelled a young woman with long black hair and dark brown eyes. "HERE! CATCH!" She finished as she shot an arrow at her with amazing accuracy. She then through a bow toward her, with amazing strength, considering that her sister was at least one hundred meters away.

Kagome caught the arrow in one hand, as it was about to wiz right passed her, and the bow in the other. She quickly strung her arrow in the bow and pointed it toward the youkai boy who was right next to their mother's tree. She let the arrow fly, and it pinned the boy onto the tree by the collar of his red hiroi. She ran up to him to ask him what he wanted with the village, when she felt someone touch the back of her shoulder. She turned around, just to come face to face with her sister.

"Kikyou-chan," she started, looking into her sisters sorrow filled eyes, "do you know what that youkai boy wanted?" She asked Kikyou as they began to walk forward side by side. "I'm not entirely sure. He asked where the `Shikon no Tama' was, though I'm not sure what that is. I do think that Ojai-sama mentioned it before." She said looking at her sister, waiting to see what she would say. "Yeah, Ojai-sama did, it's supposed to be the greatest power of all earth. It goes along with a prophecy I think, the one that speaks of two awaited ones. Everyone thinks that it's us. Okaa-san used to say that it was predicted in the stars." She finished looking at her sister.

A tear slid from her sisters eyes, and landed silently on the ground. She new that their mother was a touchy subject with her sister. She stopped and hugged her sister comfortingly, completely forgetting about the youkai boy. However, a loud barking interrupted their touching moment.

"HEY! I'M STILL OVER HERE YOU WENCHES! LET ME DOWN NOW!" Yelled the youkai boy. He was trying to pull out the arrow but found that he couldn't. It was an enchanted arrow, but he still thought that a silly priestess' arrow shouldn't bother him, being the son of the Great Demon of the West. He continued to struggle with the arrow, but stopped when he saw that the two twins had come over, and were now standing in front of him.

"Let me down now!" he ordered, as he glared at them. His golden eyes flashed dangerously as he began to growl.

"What's your name?" Asked Kagome, looking at him curiously, taking in his entrancing golden eyes, and his long white hair, which looked like it could have been made silk. She also noticed the dog-ears on top of his head, and her immediate thought was `kawaii.' She wondered if his strange red hiroi could be made out of fire rat fur. Fire rats are very hard to catch, though, she wouldn't be surprised if he was fast enough to catch one, after all, he could out run her. She was fast and she new it, not just for a human, but she was faster than a lot of demons too.

"It's none of your business." Responded the youkai boy, an obvious growl in his voice. "Now let me down!" He told them again, and once again they didn't. `They have a lot of nerve,' he thought in annoyance. `Don't they no who they're dealing with?' he asked him self with a bit of arrogance. `Yeah, you're the half bread that they're about to laugh at.' Answered a little voice in the back of his head. `Shut up,' He ordered the voice, and it abided.

"I'll ask you again, what's your name?" Kagome asked again, as she folded her arms under her chest. She was annoyed, at this guy, but for some reason he felt familiar to her.

At her question he turned his nose at her and snorted. "What possesses you to think that I'd be bothered telling a bitch like you?" He asked her, his voice full of arrogance, and the smirk on his face to prove it. He too folded his arms over his chest, and glared at her. He was taking her appearance in, the first thing he noticed about her was the strange, but warm aura she emitted. Then he noticed her gray-blue eyes, which for some reason seemed familiar to him, `kirei,' he thought as his gaze slightly faltered under hers. He saw her silky black hair, which she had tide back. He also noticed her clothing, that not only proved she was a priestess, but a powerful one. His gaze once again turned to her eyes, which he couldn't help but stare into. He began to think about how familiar her presence felt to him, but his thoughts were interrupted by the woman standing next to her, who he was about to find out wasn't as patient as her sister.

"Listen Youkai, she asked you a question, now answer it before we leave and let you starve to death on this tree." Kikyou threatened, her gaze was as icy as her voice, and Kagome new that she would no doubt carry out her threat. A year ago her sister would have been as patient as her, but ever since the death of her mother, she had become cold to every one except the small children of the village, and her self. Kagome wished that the sister she had grown up with would come back, but she new that she was lost forever.

"Kikyou-chan," Kagome started, trying to find away to keep her sister from killing the youkai boy. "Kikyou-chan, why don't we let him down and then ask him his name?" She asked, sweat dropping. "Because he'll run away, and I don't think that even you'll be able to catch him." She told her sister, her glare fixed on the youkai boy.

"As if she could catch me, she's a human female. No human, especially a female could catch me, incase you haven't noticed bitch, I have demon blood in me." He told them, continuing to glare at Kikyou. He had had enough of these bakas. He wanted down now, and as soon as those bitches let him down he'd rip them to shreds, as soon as they told him where the Shikon no Tama was any way.

`Who does he think he is anyways. I'll agree that not many humans could catch up to a demon. But who cares if I'm a girl. Enough with this being patient, I'm going to show him that I'm not some little human girl that he can insult like that.' Kagome though to he self, as she unfolded her arms and balled her hands into fists. She bared her teeth instinctually, said, "No human female could catch you, ne?" she began in obvious annoyance. "Well, this human female caught a bow and arrow that were throughen at her from over one thousand paces away, shot an arrow at you a small distance from your neck, and bound you to a tree until she feels like freeing you." She told him, as her nails dug into her skin. "What makes you think that you're in any position to insult that `human female?" She asked, her anger rising.

He stared at her in bewilderment for a moment, he didn't want to emit it, even to him self, but she did have a point. "Whatever," was his brilliant response. He once again stuck his nose up at them and grunted.

Kagome chose to take this as an invitation to speak. "Now, I'll ask you one last time; what. Is. Your. Name?" She said each word as sentence, still obviously annoyed at him.

"Inuyasha," he said, turning his gaze back toward her and glaring.

"Arigatou," She said, forgetting her anger, and remembering that just because this guy was a jerk she didn't half to be too. `Any way,' she thought, `his ears are so cute, I want to pet them.' She smiled. She had a feeling that from now on things were going to be interesting, what she wasn't so sure of was if that was a good thing, or……… or a bad thing, or maybe both.

`Guess I'll just wait and see……… guess we'll just wait and see, Inuyasha.'

~*~*~

Konnichiwa Minna-san,

I hope that you liked this chapter, I thought that it had a little bit of every thing, angst, action, adventure, humor, a touch of romance, and even some mystery, (demo, if you didn't guess that Inuyasha was the `youkai boy' than you're a complete baka) I'll try to update as soon as possible. The more reviews I get the sooner I update.

Lina (): I'm glad that you think it's a great fic, thanks for reviewing.

CX-chan: Its great that you like the concept, I wanted to do something different, in a lot of stories I've read Kagome is Kikyou's younger sister, so I wanted to try some thing different. Sorry about the spelling, English isn't my best language, but I try. I do have a word processor, but I guess that can only pick up so much, and having some one proof read it wouldn't really work, my moms always doing something, my little brother would tell my boy friend who would be overly curious about why I like Inuyasha. (He gets real possessive, and forgets that Inuyasha â"¢ is only an anime.) And my grandfather doesn't like computers. Demo thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to update soon.

Like-anyother: I know, I'm so mean making Okaa-san die, demo, Kikyou had to have some motive to be, um not so nice, like normal. As for Kagome's symbol that will be revealed later, but no one in the story knows about, they were to busy paying attention to Kikyou and running from the wolf pack, but if you want the answer than reread the thing that Ojai-sama was saying about colors, that'll give you a hint. I'm glad that you thought it was funny. I'll try to update soon, and thanks for reviewing.

Jupiter's Light: I agree about the nice Kikyou, but it fits into the story, so that's why she's like that now, demo don't worry, she's still nice, just not like she used to be. I'll up date soon, thanks for reviewing.

Yo Yo and Golden Vegeta: It's cool that you think its interesting, Thanks for reviewing.

Silverkonekotsukari: I'm glad that you like it. Interesting theory about true friends, I kind of agree with it. I'll try to update soon, thanks for reviewing.

Parry Aldon: Your too nice, I wouldn't say that I've done better than most people in their stories, but each to their own. About the Kagome, Kikyou thing, they do transform at different times, neither of them have really transformed yet, but when their emotions become really unstable their powers show, which is why their powers showed when their Okaa-san died. It's kind of confusing right now, but it'll make more since later, I promise.