InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Heart's Desire ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
One Heart’s Desire

Prologue

The sun gave away so many colors, he never thought was possible. There was a smudge of pink here and a hint of orange there. The wind blew so softly, it kissed his cheek, caressed his furry dog-ears, that lay on top of his long silver. Amber eyes glowed as the horizon enveloped the sun, bringing in nothing but a sea of blue in the sky. The wind picked up, it was dangerous to be out at this time of day, but he didn’t care, instead he sat down on a bench with his head hung low. He had no purpose in life, no drive, no reason, then why the hell was he alive? That question played in his head repeatedly, but he never got his explanation.

<I>“InuYasha watch out!”

The young hanyou turned around only to see a bright light come running forward. </I>

InuYasha closed his eyes tightly, willing to let the memories fade. He balled his knuckles tightly in a fist, as his claws jammed into one another. That was 10 years ago, the past, something that was not meant to remember. The fresh scent of blood flew through his nostrils, one that came as his own. He winced, stretching his claws out before he did some serious damage.

<I>A force pushed him to the side, a mere push that he could have countered but his instinct told him to allow it. Tumbling down to the floor, with a big ‘thud’ he rolled right on to the grass by the sidewalk, no harm done- though there were some skinned areas. “Mama?” he cried as he looked over at the car. The vision horrified him, something that would haunt his life forever. “Mama!</I>

“Stop…” InuYasha cried grabbing his head. “Go away… why won’t you make it stop?” That was the past, 10 years ago, there was nothing he could do… he was young and naïve. “I really could have saved her…” he whispered, his bags shadowing his eyes. “If I only didn’t let her shove me, she would still be here.”

<I>“Mama!”</I>

“I’ve had enough…” InuYasha growled dashing off from his seat.

“So there you are… <I>We</I> have been looking for you!”

“I’m not going with you! No way in hell!” He dropped his jacket on to the floor, as he stood up straight flexing his claws. “I may be alone but I’m still the son of the Tai-Youkai.”

“Calm down baka. He just wants to talk to you. Don’t make this hard for us!” the Youkai hissed. Anger flickered in his usually impassive gaze and for a moment, InuYasha saw right through the concealment charm that hid the youkai’s true form. It was an Inu-youkai like himself.

“Don’t test me Shesshoumaru… we’re only half brothers- the other half is just shit I can slice off!” InuYasha warned grabbing his sword out of its scabbard. Luckily the concealment charm he had, concealed the sword as well. “I’ll slice you without a thought”

“InuYasha, come here!” Shesshoumaru scolded as he too unsheathed his sword. With the sound of metal rubbing against each other, Tokijin slid out of its scabbard and was pointed directly at InuYasha. “I’ll kill you!”

“Aaahhh!!!” a piercing scream sliced through the air as a young girl stood horrified. Shesshoumaru turned his head calmly as the girl’s expression changed to surprise to frighten. “You… swords…” she rasped. “They’re going to kill each other!”

A crowd of people turned around to see what the commotion was all about. In a blur of red, Kagome felt herself become lifted from the ground. Her eyes shifted frantically as she tried to understand what was happening. Instinct told her to stay still, for this person had a sword and could easily slice off her neck. However, she thought otherwise and began to kick and scream hysterically. There was no way she was going to let herself be abducted without putting up a fight. She kicked and screamed and punched everywhere she could think of.

“Quit moving!” the rough voice scoffed.

“That’s not likely! Now let me go!” Kagome shot back as she reached to punch him in the face. Her hands swung up to his nose with a big loud slap.

“Stop!”

“Let go!” her voice was cold and harsh. “Before I…” her voice died as he turned around to face her as he leapt up into the air. Something watched her, looked into the depths of her soul. She had seen many shades before in people’s eyes but she had never seen one quite like it. It looked like molten lava. They were beautiful. A flicker of remorse filled his gaze as she felt him slow his speed.

“I… you can go now.” the hanyou scoffed softly. He dropped her from his back and began to walk away.

“Who are you!? And why did you bring me here?” Kagome asked as she took a step forward. His short silver hair ran smoothly with the wind as he turned around slowly.

“I said you can go now wench, leave!” he growled sheathing his sword.

“Wench? WENCH?” Kagome yelled back. “Who do you think you are? You pretty much kidnap me and then you call me wench?! Well, excuse me! But I can get you arrested mister!”

“Feh. Funny, how you think your so tough. You have nothing right now.” the boy stalked towards her, trying to prove his point.

Kagome closed her eyes, calming her nerves. “Who are you? What’s your name?”

“Feh. Why would I tell you that? So you can call the police?” there was something in his voice that made Kagome lose her voice. There was a slight sadness in his gaze, in his tone.

“Okay then… how old are you?” Kagome sighed softly as she took a seat. Sure, she had just been kidnapped, but the place he bought her to was beautiful. She looked at the pond that was by a hammock and dipped her hand in it. “Are you going to answer me?”

“Your optimism is just stupid.”

“Excuse me!?” Kagome yelled running up to him. She grabbed his shoulder. He flinched for a second but quickly regained his composure.

“Don’t touch me you bitch!”

“I… I just…” her eyes watered up, her hands covered her face.

“Hey! Stop crying! I said stop! You’re such a baby! I! Stop!!! No crying! Look!!! I’m sorry! Just stop crying!” His hands awkwardly wrapped themselves around her small frame. Something about the scent of her tears made him feel uneasy. She shifted hesitantly trying to find the comfort she sought out. Her little sobs turned into whimpers that dwindled as he held her close.

“What’s your name?” Kagome asked.

“Ugh… Inu---ugh--Shinji, my name is Shinji.” he whispered.

“Well, Shinji, can you let go of me!?” Kagome growled as she felt herself smushed against his body. “I-iii can’t breathe.”

“Feh. Stupid human.” Shinji replied.

“Yeah, I’m human, aren’t you?” Kagome snickered. “What are you? Some alien?” she joked quietly.

“Ugh… yeah, I’m human. And now that you are done crying, you can go home now.” Shinji replied with an inward snort. “Go on pup!”

“Pup?! What is wrong with you, you--you---BAKA!” Kagome shot back. “Maybe I don’t want to go home.”

“What? Why would you stay here?” Shinji asked as he stood slowly.

“It’s kinda nice…” she admitted sitting down by a tree. “I’ve never seen a place so peaceful.”

“I kidnapped you.. Hello? I’m letting you go!” Shinji yelled back with a grunt. “Get your ass off of my territory or I’ll shred it!”

Her face showed pure mockery as she laid back down even closer to the water. Her toes dipped into the pond as she swung her feet back and forward. She sighed. “Baka.”

“Who’re you callin’ a baka, you---you--- wench!” Shinji replied. His amber eyes flashed in the darkness that was now beginning to consume the sun light. He growled as he watched her close her eyes. “Get out!”

“Maybe I don’t want to!” Kagome shot back. “And you can’t stop me-heeeee!” She lifted off the ground as she felt the wind flow on her face.

“There! Go home wench!” Shinji yelled. He dropped her off, and with that, he was off again.

“What’s up with him?” Kagome asked. She sighed softly and walked home. ‘Weird… I’ve been kidnapped and the convict couldn’t stand to keep me… what a weird day…’

“Stupid girl doesn’t know when to keep her mouth shut and walk away!” InuYasha growled as he ran back to his place. “Women!” The grass held her scent, and he had to sigh to rub off the lonely feeling that ebbed on his nerves. She sure was annoying! Nevertheless, he could help but feel grateful that someone was actually with him, or the hug they shared.

<I>‘It felt nice didn’t it?’</I>

‘Feh’ InuYasha replied.

<I>‘Admit it! You liked the hug! You loved it!’</I>

‘Feh’

<I>‘And she’s not that ugly either… did you see her? She was---’</I>

“Don’t say it!” InuYasha growled. “I don’t ever remember asking you for your opinion.”

<I>‘Oh… I’m so hurt!’</I>

‘Damn straight you should be!’ he snorted.

<I>‘Shinji my ass!’ </I>

“Like I’d tell her my name!”

<I>‘Shinji my ass!’</I> it repeated.

“Shut the fuck up!” InuYasha yelled as he flexed his claws out and grabbed a handful of grass where Kagome laid down. “I don’t give a damn about her!” he growled, throwing the grass into the ocean.

<I>‘Hi, I’m InuYasha Takahashi, son of the tai-Youkai. I just kidnapped a girl and let her go! I told her my name was Shinji ‘cause I was afraid she would really know my name! Like I’d ever love ever again. I hated the hug I gave her ‘cause she’s so damn fine! I’m a total jack ass!’ </I>

InuYasha never answered.

<center><I><b>***

Bored… just thought about writing something new. Based on a true story. Sorta like me, life incorporated in the InuYasha series. Hahaha! </I></b></center>