InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Old Life but a New Beginning ❯ Two Family Heirlooms ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5



Kagome climbed the stairs and saw what it was. “Inuyasha, I might’ve known.” She said.

“Oi, wench! Did you build this?” he asked. Kagome came out of the den so she could face Inuyasha out in the open. “or did ya just kick another demon out?” he finished.

“What’s it to you, Inuyasha? Are you worried that your precious jewel detector is gonna leave you to find the shards yourself?” she asked.

“I was just curious! That’s all!” he answered.

“Well, then no. I didn’t kick a demon out and yes, I did build it myself.” Inuyasha looked at her in surprise. They stood there in silence until Inuyasha spoke.

“So, you gonna let me in?” he asked.

“What are you, my contractor? Now, why would I let you into my home when you have one just like it?” She said. Inuyasha was fuming, but suddenly, he had something that came over him, like an urge. With out realizing it he ran toward her and kissed her. Kagome pulled away from him and stared at him with fiery eyes.

“How dare you kiss me!” she yelled but the harshly kissed him back. Inuyasha pulled away and yelled.

“I hate you!”

“I hate you more!!” Kagome yelled back and they embraced each other once again. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around her, pulling her body close to his as he pushed their bodies inside Kagome’s den. They flopped down on her cot and started violently ripping each other’s kimonos off. As Inuyasha was kneading her breasts, she grabbed his arms and stopped him. She looked at him with soft eyes that quickly turned into anger.

“Inuyasha, get off, get dressed, and get OUT!!” she yelled. The hanyou stared at her with confusion but did what he was told. “Kikyo is your mate, Inuyasha, not me. I’ll be gone in the morning so don’t look for me. I’ll be hunting for the shards.” She told him as he walked out.

Just as he was going out the door, he turned to her and said, “Kikyo isn’t my mate.” Then as soon as he said that, he was gone. Kagome walked over to her clothes and picked out a pair of pants and a tank top.

‘I need to learn to control myself. I can’t believe my youkai wanted that hanyou.’ She thought as she dressed. Suddenly, Kagome heard a small voice in her head.

“But you still love him. That is the only reason why you were about to have intercourse with him.”

“That was a mistake. I caught him with Ayumi and Kikyo. In case you can’t count, that’s two women. Two!” Kagome said.

“You know that he didn’t mean to break your heart. Like what your mother and Priestess Midoriko said. He doesn’t know any better. He’s an Inu hanyou. In case you don’t know what that means, he’s a dog! You can still prove your love for him. It’s not too late.” Said the voice.

“Okay so, what did you have in mind?” she asked.

“Not a clue, but I’m sure I can come up with something.” It planned.

“I must be going insane. I’m talking to a magical voice inside my head. Could this day get any weirder?” she asked herself.




“Okay Midoriko, I’ve tried to make it up to her but she refuses. Talk to me and tell me what I’m doing wrong.” Inuyasha asked. He was sitting at the base of Goshinokbu, trying to get Midoriko to say something to him.

“Well, for starters you shouldn’t call her a wench anymore or other names that might offend her. You can stop being pushy and start being gentle.” Midoriko said as she appeared.

“What are ya talkin’ about? Name one thing that I’ve been pushy to her about.” Inuyasha said.

“Well, what about the time you dragged her down the well after she had just got home? What about the time you pushed her against her will to find the jewel shards? And let’s not forget the recent incident in her den.” She explained.

“Okay, okay. I get your point. But ho-. Hey, wait a minute! You saw us in her den?” he asked. Midoriko nodded her head. Suddenly, a scarlet blush appeared on his face.

“Well, now I feel embarrassed.” He said under his breath.

“Inuyasha, when you make it up to a girl, you don’t knock on her door and say ‘Oi, wench! Did you build this?’ You have to be gentle and understanding. Inuyasha, do you not love Kagome?” she asked.

“I love her, it’s just that, I’m not in the custom to ‘make it up’ to someone.” He answered.

“Well, do you wish for her to return those feelings for you?” she asked again.

“Of course I do.”

“Then you know what you must do.” She told him.




‘Inuyasha should be the one making it up to me. He’s the one who should prove his love for me, not the other way around.’ She thought violently. Kagome looked to the ground and saw that her pacing caused a small trench in the floor. She filled the gap in and decided to take a bath. As Kagome followed the stream to a hot spring, she caught a strong whiff of clay and herbs along with another scent of sandalwood and fresh pine. Kagome recognized instantly that it was Kikyo and Inuyasha. She found that this time they weren’t by Goshinokbu but at a little clearing in the middle of the wood. Kikyo looked beyond Inuyasha and saw Kagome come out of the shadows.

She smirked and announced, “Hello Kagome. Come to make sure I keep my end of the deal?” Inuyasha quirked and eyebrow and turned to Kagome.

“What is she talking about, Kagome?” he asked her. Kagome kept staring at Kikyo.

“You didn’t tell him about our little arrangement? Don’t worry; I’ll do it for you. Kagome and I made a deal. You come to hell with me and I come whenever she calls for me.” She explained. Inuyasha went wide eyed.

“Kagome you wouldn’t.” he said with disbelief. Kagome lowered her head so her bangs would hide her eyes.

“That doesn’t matter now. I have another proposition for you. How would you like to become human again?” she asked. Kikyo smirked.

“You have my attention.”

“I will switch bodies with you. My only request is that I get to have my body back the last day of each month. Do we have a deal?” Kagome proposed.

“Yes.” Answered Kikyo.

“Good. Meet me tomorrow in this exact spot.”

“So be it.” Kikyo flew off as Kagome turned and walked toward the spring.

“Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled as he ran after her. “What the hell are you doing?” he asked as he caught up with her.

“I’m doing us a favor. Inuyasha, now that I’m to be in Kikyo’s body, hopefully you will kill me then.” She explained.

“I already told ya, she’s not my mate! Why are you doing this?” he asked again.

“I’m doing this because I know you wouldn’t accept me as a mate. If that can’t happen, then why bother being around you?” she told him.

“Kagome are you nuts? I came to Kikyo to break it off between me and her but you arrived at the wrong time. I wanted to be with you and still do! Kagome…..I-I like you……a lot……maybe more…..” he told her. She turned and stared with her mouth slightly opened.

‘How could he? After all those times I sat him, ran out on him and never listened to him. After thinking on it, I really don’t deserve his sympathy and pity.’ She thought as her eyes narrowed. “Save your pity for some one who needs it. I do not deserve for such treatment.” She told him.

“You think I pity you? Kagome, this isn’t pity I’m telling you! It’s love!” he explained.

“Inuyasha, why? After all those times that I have used those beads against you and always never listening to you, I thought you would be furious and would let me do what I wish.” She told him. Inuyasha lowered his ears.

“Kagome, somewhere in all of this, I fell in love with you. I started realizing this feeling ever since I took you back from Kouga. I had thoughts but I pushed them aside because I was more focused on the jewel to see that I had lost something much more valuable.” He explained.

“What? A jewel detector? Inuyasha, after I changed and saw you in the den, I hated you. That is why I made that deal with Kikyo. She wanted you and I let her have you. But after the encounter in my den, I felt like I had to make it up to you. So I made another deal with her. I put myself in your place. After you left, a small voice inside my head told me to prove my love for you because it still wasn’t too late. That’s when I realized that putting you up for grabs wasn’t the right thing to do. In my body, Kikyo will still act like Kikyo. When she is in my body, she will not have my demonic features or powers. She will be a regular human but with her own miko powers. As for me, well, when I’m in Kikyo’s body, all of my demonic features will transfer themselves.” She said. Kagome turned and headed for the hot spring.

“Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled as he ran in front of her. “If you think I’m saying this just because I want the jewel, then you’re wrong. I love you, for you, not because of your sight. You must understand. Please understand.” He pleaded.

“Why are you telling me this?” she asked.

“I’m telling you because I don’t want to see you submit in to a life of misery and a body made of clay. The hell what Kikyo wants! If you are going to refuse what I’m saying, know that I will interfere. I will not stand to watch you throw away your life away because of me of Kikyo.” He told her.

“I must go and don’t follow me. Good bye Inuyasha.” She told him. Without getting the chance to say a comment, Inuyasha watched Kagome speed off. Instead of heading towards the spring like she planned, she sped east. As soon as she got to the palace, she burst through the sliding door and sniffed out her father. He was in the library surrounded by books when she found him.

“Father, I must speak with you.”

“Kagome! We got your note; luckily we only worried a little after a couple or days. Well, I must give you something. I’m sure you will find it most useful.” He said as he led her out of the library and into the weaponry room. Kagome saw so many swords and daggers, but what really caught her attention were the two swords in the middle of the room inside a glass case.

“Kagome, these swords are an heirloom from our ancestors. The Dragon’s Blade gives off the strangest aura but if you can manage to charge the sword with your demonic energy, it will do your bidding with no problems. The sword next to it is its brother, The Phoenix Blade. I was told that this blade releases a powerful desert bird if it is charged with enough miko energy. I have never wielded this sword so I cannot say. Kagome our family is of a pure blood line from the dragon and phoenix youkai. Somewhere along the generations, we have become Inu youkai, but, nevertheless, our phoenix and dragon youkai blood still runs through our veins. I want you to take these swords with you on your travels. They will help you. If you draw both swords, they will transform into something even more powerful. I recommend that you do not use that technique until you have trained with these swords. Run along now, I have other business to attend.” He said. Kagome looked at the swords and thought.

‘What if they reject me? Still, there is no harm in trying.’ Kagome reached out for the Phoenix Blade and grabbed it. She then unsheathed it and found that it had not rejected her. She sheathed the sword and stuck it in her obi. She then found that the other sword had not rejected her either. With a sigh of relief, she stuck the Dragon’s Blade next to the Phoenix.

“I can’t give up my body now. If I do, these swords will reject me and be in the control of Kikyo. I can’t let that happen.” She dashed out of the palace and to her den. When she got there, she sat down by a nearby tree and put her hands in her face.

‘I must kill Kikyo or she will take Inuyasha to hell with her. Oh, I can’t take the pressure.’ She thought. “Come out Inuyasha, I know you’re there.” She said but no one moved. “Oh, I guess I imagined it.” She assured herself. She moved closer to the little stream and washed her face with crisp clean water. Suddenly, she saw a youkai out from the corner of her eye.

“Come here to kill me too?” she said perfectly calm.