InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ Juromaru ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seshoumaru buried his head more firmly under his pillow. Surely if he ignored that incessant pounding it would go away. But no, the pounding increased in tempo as his annoying younger brother refused to allow sleep to visit him.

Angrily, Sesshoumaru threw his pillow at the door. Unfortunately, that didn't make his brother stop and now he had no pillow. His head fell back to his bed and he groaned loudly.

"What do you want Inuyasha?"

"Wake up you arrogant, lazy, prick." Inuyasha replied as he stayed his fist from further assault on the oak door. True, he could have bust the door down, but he didn't want to pay for the damage. Besides, it was much easier to annoy his brother this way.

"I'm trying to sleep." Sesshoumaru informed him. "It is not lazy for one to rejuvenate his strength through a vegetative state." Sesshoumaru angrily climbed out of bed to retrieve his pillow. Against his better judgment, he decided to open the door.

Inuyasha smirked victoriously at his older brother and yanked the pillow from his hands. He then threw the pillow to the far corner of the room. Sesshoumaru's golden eyes narrowed dangerously. Inuyasha waved his hands in front of his face to settle his brother's temper.

"You need to wake up. We need to leave early this morning, remember, you told me to make sure you were awake." Inuyasha told him calmly. It was fascinating to watch Sesshoumaru's angry face melt back into his emotionless mask.

Sympathetically, Inuyasha reached to pat his brother on the shoulder. "It's okay. Maybe if you didn't take all that Valium you'd have been able to wake up on time."

Sesshoumaru growled at his brother. "It's your fault I took that Valium! I told you I had a head ache and you gave me those pills! I should have known not to trust you!" His concealment spell was dropped as he reached a clawed hand to wrap firmly around Inuyasha's throat.

The younger brother rolled his eyes. As if he didn't expect his brother to attempt to strangle him. It was such an obvious tactic really. "Whatever, you needed the sleep. Now hurry up, today is the last day of finals and we have to take a taxi to the large arena in downtown Sidney because it is being televised."

Reluctantly, Sesshoumaru released Inuyasha's neck and retreated back to his room to change clothes and prepare to leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The taxi ride towards the arena was uneventful. Neither of the brothers had much to say to the other. Or rather, neither had much they wanted to say to the other.

"So who do you face today? Kouga and I should meet in the second round." Inuyasha shattered the silence.

"I believe that I shall face Juromaru. He has never competed before but from the previous matches I witnessed him in, he is quite skilled." Sesshoumaru answered as he looked absently out the window at the passing scenery.

Inuyasha held his chin in his hands with a thoughtful expression on his face. "Juromaru, hmm? I think I heard of him before. Last year, he was in a Karate tournament but was disqualified."

"Disqualified?" Sesshoumaru turned to face his brother, suddenly interested. It was rare that Inuyasha would know something that he did not about an opponent.

Inuyasha shrugged. "Yeah, I think it's the same guy. Bank told me about it. Something about his brother Kageromaru had made an attempt to shatter the knee of his number one rival. He pulled a Tonya Harding from the sounds of it."

"That is interesting." Sesshoumaru replied with little worry. He was youkai, it would take a lot for something to happen to him. Granted, his bones could break, but they would be completely healed in a day or two.

The taxi came to a halt. Inuyasha pointed to a pair of young men outside on the sidewalk. "I think that's the two brothers we were talking about. Watch your back." Inuyasha then climbed out of his seat, leaving Sesshoumaru to fit the bill.

Sesshoumaru glared at his brother, realizing that he was once again forced to pay. Not only was he the one that worked, but he was also the one that had to pay for everything. That insolent whelp!

Sesshoumaru stood outside the cab, as he fished through his black leather wallet for the cab fare. He wasn't paying too much attention because he noticed the scent of Kagome, not far away and was busy observing her. He reached his arm inside the cab to pay and before he could retract it all the way something happened that immediately made him wish he had paid attention to his brother's warnings.

The car door was slammed with an inhuman force against his arm. His elbow was right at the juncture and his olecranon was shattered. His eyes bled red momentarily from the pain. He released his arm from the metal prison of the door to destroy whoever shut it on his elbow.

His vision met the two brothers. One had long pink hair and was trying to look innocent. The other was remarkably shorter with grey hair and a vicious smile.

"Oops, was your arm still in there?" Kageromaru asked.

"Kageromaru, you should be more careful the next time you try to be nice and shut other people's doors for them." Juromaru scolded his brother. "Poor Sesshoumaru, it's a real shame you'll have to withdraw from the tournament now."

Sesshoumaru cradled his injured left arm to his chest. "This Sesshoumaru does not need to use two arms to defeat the likes of you." He then walked off towards where Kagome and Miroku were with mouths open as they made their way towards him.

Kagome reached him first and gently pulled his arm away from his chest to examine it. "Maru-chan, we have to take you to the first aid station. You poor thing, let me take care of you." Her eyes were watered with sympathy tears.

Miroku smirked inwardly, but was disappointed that Banktosu was absent and could not be gloated to at the moment. Where was that rich boy at anyway?

Sesshoumaru cradled his arm against his chest again as Kagome wrapped her arm tightly across his waist to guide him towards the first aid station. Her scent calmed him somewhat, the pain was bearable, but the annoyance that one would stoop so low as to try and sabotage his chances made the dog demon livid.

He could not suppress the deep, rumbling growl in his chest. Kagome glanced at him concerned and tightened her grip on his waist ever so slightly. She had been around Kouga enough times after he injured himself to recognize that growl.

Kagome glanced over her shoulder towards the two young men responsible. She would not want to be in their shoes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Banktosu was sitting idly at his computer waiting for Naraku to finish whatever it was he had to do real quickly. BRB my ass! He thought angrily. He looked at his watched again and saw that fifteen minutes had passed. Being right back should have a time limit, as in ten seconds!

The angry young man pulled on his socks a little forcefully as he attempted to get dressed. He was already running late for the Judo finals. He groaned in annoyance when he noticed his big toe now protruded from his sock. Guess he pulled a little too hard.

After retrieving another pair of socks to place on more gently, he waited another two minutes before that idiot finally got back online.

~EvilMonkeyBoy: Sorry bout that

~Leader7: Where the hell were u?

~EvilMonkeyBoy: remember that chick, Kikyo?

~Leader7: Isn't she that exchange student from Japan that is addicted to Opium?

~EvilMonkeyBoy: yeah, she keeps coming by trying to "purify" me. I don't know what the hell is wrong with her.

~Leader7: must be your evil vibes

~EvilMonkeyBoy: I think it is `cause she's a psycho. What do you want?

~Leader7: u need to throw another party

~EvilMonkeyBoy: tonight?

~Leader7: yes

~EvilMonkeyBoy: y?

~Leader7: I made a bet with Miroku about a girl.

~EvilMonkeyBoy: that doesn't surprise me

~Leader7: yeah well, will you do it?

~EvilMonkeyBoy: my house, 10pm (*EvilMonkeyBoy signs off*)

Bankotsu rubbed his temples. He was getting a fierce headache. Suddenly his door swung open to reveal his brother, dressed in normal street clothes (not hooker street clothes!).

"Hurry up would you? We're going to miss Sesshoumaru's performance!" Jakotsu exclaimed as he grabbed hold of Bankotsu's wrist to haul him out of the room.

"It's not a performance. You talk like its some sort of dance. Besides don't you want to support Inuyasha?" Bankotsu asked, slightly annoyed with his brother's loyalties.

Jakotsu shrugged as he released his brother's wrist to pull his shoulder length hair into a ponytail. "I see Inuyasha all the time." His eyes lit up in excitement. "Kagome will be there too!"

"Why are you so excited to see Kagome?" Bankotsu asked curious. His brother never cared about seeing girls since his change in attraction was announced.

It was amusing to see the red rise up in Jakotsu's cheeks. "She's a nice girl," he muttered under his breath.

Bankotsu grabbed his keys off the wall hook with renewed vigor and walked towards the door with his brother in hot pursuit. "That she is," he agreed. Maybe it would be worth Inuyasha not getting the girl if his brother was interested in her. Blood does run thicker than water after all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kouga and Inuyasha were both in the locker room getting ready for their first matches. Both were surprised that Sesshoumaru had yet to arrive. All the other competitors were already present.

"Where's your brother?" Kouga inquired as he slammed shut the locker after placing his tennis shoes inside.

"I don't know." Inuyasha answered, slightly worried.

"Are you talking about Sesshoumaru?" A pink haired, athletic guy asked walking over towards the two.

They both nodded their heads, staring at him in question.

"I'm Juromaru, I'm afraid your brother is out of the competition." The man answered with a blank face, devoid of even more emotion than Sesshoumaru.

"Whatever you and your shrimpy Tonya Harding wanna-be brother did, I doubt if you could make Sesshoumaru quit. Even if he was blind and paralyzed, he'd still be a fighter." Inuyasha declared, no one was allowed to mess with his brother but him.

"All Sesshoumaru needs to do is glare at you and you'd be scared stiff." Kouga defended.

"He didn't look so tough when he was crying like a baby." Juromaru lied.

"If you face either of us, we'll be sure to put you in your place." Inuyasha warned with a feral growl. No way would Sesshoumaru lose to this twerp but if he did, he sure would NOT win!

"Your cheap tactics will not aid you in this tournament." Kouga added as he and Inuyasha left the locker room together. Both had a deep desire to kill the cocky pink haired cheater. But then, the both knew they wouldn't have a chance.

"It's a real shame we won't be able to beat him ourselves." Inuyasha confided to the wolf.

"I think I'll enjoy watching Sesshoumaru beat him though." Kouga replied with a wicked grin. Both fighters smiled at each other, finally finding a mutual enemy to hate and able to act as the friends they truly were.