InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: (I know, I know.. I changed the prologue, but the first one was bugging me.. Anyway this is still my first fic, so bear with me. I don't own Inuyasha RR)

ONLY HALF PROLOGUE

I'm only half, not human, not vampire, only half. I didn't used to be this way, I used to be a normal girl and now, I can barely look at myself in the mirror. He'll pay for what he did to me. I was in my bedroom, pulling my raven black hair into a ponytail when Miroku came in. He leaned in the doorway and grinned evilly.

"Are you ready to go, Kag?" he asked me. I took the belt off my bed and strapped it around my waist before putting in several silver knives in the slots. I despise wooden stakes, they look ridiculous. I mean really, how tough do you look impaling someone with a piece of bark, honestly. I pulled on a denim jacket which hid the belt and placed a small hand gun into the right pocket. It had been specially made to fire silver bullets instead of gun powder ones. This is gun #5 this year, and it's only march. It's not my fault the guns break or blow up all the time I turned to Miroku and sighed.

"Ready when you are," I said. He nodded and exited out the door while I looked at myself once again in the mirror, trying to see if I had forgotten anything. I was wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans with a hole in the left knee, along with the jacket, nothing too out of the ordinary. I'm a vampire slayer. I know it seems strange, seeing as I'm half vampire, but we couldn't be more different. A vampire compared to half-vamp is like comparing a dog to wolf. Both very ferocious, but completely different. Now I'm not sure if dogs and wolves are bitter enemies, but I know I hate vampires with every fiber of my being. They're evil fiends that have no regard towards anything living. What I wouldn't give to be fully human again, but I'll take what I can get.

Being a half-vamp isn't all bad though. You see, I'm still mostly human. I can walk out into the sunlight, I can touch silver, thus the weapons, and I can eat a lot of Italian food. I guess you could compare me more to a were wolf because on the night of a new moon, I'm not a fun person to be around.

I walked out of the bedroom and into the living room while I waited for Miroku. Miroku is my older brother and has been by my side ever since...well, that night. He feels guilty, guilty that he couldn't protect me like an older sibling is supposed to do. I tell him all the time he doesn't need to feel that way, but I can't seem to change his mind. I love him for staying with me all these years, even though sometimes I can be a total pain, and for helping me try to become human again.

He's still mortal but he's vampire slayer too. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't come with me, just because he can't heal as quickly as I can and he has more weaknesses. But, the only way I could make him stay home and let me go out by myself would be to tie him up and lock him in a closet, which will never happen since he's five times stronger than I am. I just don't think that's fair, I mean I turn into a supernatural being and he's still stronger than me, what is that?

Miroku came up behind me and gave a playful tug on my ponytail, knowing full well that it was my biggest pet peeve, and if he weren't my brother I'd deck him. I watched him head towards the door. He was wearing the usual outfit, black baggy jeans, I don't know how he can run in those without tripping, a navy blue T-shirt, and a white over shirt which he left unbuttoned. I can never understand why he wears the over shirt, but I guess it's so I don't shoot him by mistake seeing how his other clothes would blend in the night so easily. But then again, that would make him an easy target for others, I don't know, he's just strange that way I guess.

His hair is black like mine, but much shorter. He also has a ponytail but his is near his neck and mine is pulled up high. He has several earrings on one ear and a silver chain around his neck. A normal one, not the kind that punks wear, Miroku couldn't pull off the punk look if he tried, he's far too well mannered. I looked at his own belt. He never really cared for knives, he could never figure out how to throw them so the target would be struck by the blade, not the handle, and he has mutual feelings on the stakes. Instead he has two silver pistols which are a bit bigger than my own gun. Both also were specially made to fire silver. Only, he's had his same guns for the past six years. I already said that the guns blowing up weren't my fault, their out to get me, really!! He opened the front door and turned back to me.

"Come on, kid. Let's get going."

"All right," I stated, pushing myself off the couch armrest I had been siting on. It was nearly nine o'clock, time to go out hunting, my favorite part of being a slayer.

(A/N: So what do you think? I know it's sucks right now, but I promise it will get better, I just have a really hard time starting books. I promise the chapters will get longer too. RR!!)