InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: Okay, I read over this story. It is WAY TOO SAPPY, but it's still totally Inu/Kag. So the relationship ain't gonna change, but I'm laying off the fluff for like the next five chapters, now it's gonna be like fighting, mystery, suspense, all that good crap. But you know, Inu still gonna overprotective of Kag, you just can't take that away, it's not possible. There just won't as much `I missed you,' `don't leave again' that's all going out the window for a while. So there you go. If you still don't get their relationship, I'd be happy to explain cause, I still think it's too confusing but I wasn't about to spend five hours on it, I have a life. Okay Chapter Four starting now..... 009)

CHAPTER FOUR

The sun crept through the blinds and shined directly on Kagome's face. She grumbled angrily and hid under the covers. That is until the alarm clock decided to be evil and started beeping. She and Miroku had been attending Kemaiya High School for the past three days and it had actually been enjoyable since she had scared Kikyo off. She also like the fact she got to spend more time with Inuyasha. In fact, the only thing she really detested was having to get up at an ungodly hour of the morning. She cursed, reached over to the possessed box, threw it out into the bedroom door, and smack into the wall. She smirked when she heard a strange buzzing sound, signaling that the machine was dead. Kag-1 Technology- zip!!

With all the strength she could muster, Kagome pulled herself out of the warm bed, took a twenty minute shower, dressed in a red and gray baseball jersey (A/N: You know those shirts that are one color for the front and a different one for the long-sleeves) and blue jeans with holes in the knees, half asleep the entire time. It wasn't until she was brushing her hair did she realize that something was off. She looked closely at her reflection in the mirror and sighed.

"Oh, this is just great," she muttered. She quickly brushed the rest of her hair and tied a yellow bandana over it. Miroku had already left to pick up Sango and the apartment was empty, so she was free to curse as loud as she wanted throughout the entire living room without remorse. She slipped on her denim jacket, slung her backpack over one shoulder, and grabbed her keys off the kitchen counter. She locked the door behind her, ran down the stairs into the parking lot, and took off for the school.


Inuyasha was waiting outside the school, leaning on the brick wall. He smiled when he saw a familiar silver pick up pull into the parking lot. Kagome jumped out of the driver's seat, sighed and leaned on the wall next to him. He was about to ask her what was wrong until Miroku and Sango walked up.

Miroku smiled and looked at Kagome's bandana curiously. They had a quick conversation with their eyes and expressions, leaving Inuyasha and Sango completely confused. The warning bell sounded and they walked inside the building. No sooner were they passed the entrance when a teacher came up to them.

"Excuse me, miss," he said pointing at Kagome, "I'm going to have to ask you to take off your bandana in the building, school code." She sighed and pulled the yellow cloth off her head and looked at the tile floor, avoiding the faces of her two shocked friends. Sango gasped softly, Inuyasha stared wide-eyed, Miroku just walked over and wrapped an arm around his sister's shoulders. Kagome's raven black hair now had white blonde streaks in it, seven to be exact, all half an inch wide at least.

"Kind of forgot to mention it, huh kid?" Miroku asked. Kagome nodded her head, eyes still glued to the ground.

"What's going on?" Inuyasha asked. Miroku looked at Kagome.

"Go ahead," she spat bitterly. "It's not like it's going to make much of a difference in their reaction anyway, they'll be the same. Nothing will change." Miroku squeezed her shoulders reassuringly.

"It's not something that she's very proud of. You see there's a reason why you don't see many half-vamps among the full. The Kag you see before you is still very much human, except for the fact that she can rely on her vampire traits any time she likes. But once a month, on every new moon to be exact, things get a little crazy." he said. Inuyasha and Sango looked even more confused. Kagome looked up, her eyes showing frustration and slight accusation.

"It's like this," she said. "There are two sides of me now. One human, one full vampire. On the new moon my vampire traits disappear leaving me mortal once again. That's when my full vampire side tries to take control of my blood. If I let it, I would become just like all the others, thirsty for human or demon blood. Most half-vamps give into that temptation their first month. But, I've always been able to hold my own, I won't let Naraku win over me. My hair changing like this is a warning sign that the transformation will occur the next night. Well, there you go. Now go on, scream, run away, just like everyone else. I'm a freak and I know it," she said the last part loudly.

Sango looked at her friend with sympathy in her eyes, she didn't know what to say. Inuyasha just had his mouth wide open. She can't be serious, she can't think that!! he thought. Suddenly he grabbed her in a tight embrace, his chin on top of her head.

"Do you honestly think I'm going to abandon you, Kag? Me or Sango? I'm not gonna leave you to fight this on your own anymore, I did that for seven years. None of this is your fault, none of it In fact, it just makes you more incredible that you've been able to deal with it for so long. I swear it, I won't leave you," he said firmly. Miroku smiled and grabbed Sango by the hand, leaving the couple alone.

Kagome just stood there, listening to Inuyasha's beat in a comforting rhythm, sighing in the security he felt in his arms. She never should have thought that he would abandon her. Soon they followed after Miroku and Sango to first period.

(A/N: I tried, I really did. I just couldn't keep out the fluff. Shoot!!!)


"What the hell did you do?" Kouga cried, cradling the small pistol in his worn, calloused hands. Miroku sighed and went back to reading his magazine. Kagome and Kouga were sitting at the kitchen counter arguing, Inuyasha and Sango were on the couch watching a movie. It was nearly six and Kouga had been called over to the apartment to fix the gun that had backfired when Kagome was fighting Seraph. He was her's and Miroku's weapons specialist and somewhat friend, but not right now.

"I didn't do nothing, it's your stupid gun!!" Kagome exclaimed. "I didn't even use before that night!!"

"Then do you mind explaining to me what the hell happened?" he asked.

"How should I know? Look, the dude lunged at me and I pulled the trigger. The damn gun jammed, I had to duck!!"

"Oh, God forbid you ever have to duck during a fight!!" Kouga said sarcastically. Miroku started to laugh until Kagome grabbed his magazine and whacked him across the head with it. She then turned back to Kouga.

"If you want to blame me fine, whatever. Now are you gonna fix it or what?" she said.

"All right, all right. I'll get you another one in the morning." he replied. Inuyasha stood up, stretched and turned towards Miroku.

"Hey, Miroku we gotta get going or we'll gonna be late for basketball practice," he yawned.

"Yeah, okay. Come on Kouga I'll give you a lift." Miroku said, rising from the armchair.

"Sure, I'll see you around Kagome." Kouga said. He hugged the small girl and secretly placed a folded piece of paper in her side pocket. Inuyasha growled and pulled Kagome to his chest. She laughed and rolled her eyes. He kissed her on the forehead and smiled.

"I'll see you later, babe," he smirked.

"Have fun,"

"Bye ladies. Come on, lover boy," Miroku called from the hallway. Inuyasha sighed and walked out, closing the door behind him. Kagome waited a few seconds before taking out the small note out of her pocket. Sango sat down beside her on the stool. The note said:

Kagome-

I've got something pretty important to tell you. Meet me tonight downtown at 296, 75th street in about an hour. Please, come alone.

Kouga


Kagome raised an eyebrow and passed the note to Sango, who skimmed it quickly.

"So you gonna go?" she asked. Kagome shrugged.

"I don't see why not, could be useful," she replied thoughtfully.

"Might be a trap," Kagome started to laugh.

"From Kouga, are you kiddin'?" Sango started to laugh too. She followed her friend into the bedroom, and sat down on the bed. They began talking about what normal teenage girls talk about, well as normal as two teenage vampire slayers can get.

Kagome changed into some black cargo jeans and a black thin strapped tank top. She took out her slayer belt and loaded it with silver daggers. She then went to her dresser, groaned at her streaked hair, and pulled it back into a high ponytail.

"You know Inuyasha and Miroku will freak if they find out your doing this on your own," Sango said.

"Probably," Kagome replied buckling her belt and pulling on a black leather coat that reached her mid-thigh, hiding the tips of the daggers. She then placed a normal .45 caliber pistol in the left pocket.

"You want me to cover for you," Sango asked.

"If you want to risk it," Kagome said putting on a pair of black sunglasses. Her friend laughed as she placed her car keys in her other pocket.

"All black clothing and shades at night, you look like a murderer or something," Sango said. Kagome smiled wickedly.

"I'll be murdered if the boys find out what I'm doing," she said as she walked toward the door. She opened it, took one step, then stopped, one hand leaning on the knob.

"Sango?" she said quietly. "If I'm not back in about two hours..."

"No problem, we've got your back Kag," Sango replied.

"Thank you,"

"Just be careful,"

"Always," Kagome smirked and walked out the door.


Kagome parked in an alley on 75th Street. She fingered the handle of the pistol before stepping out of the truck. She walked down the sidewalk, causally glancing at the numbers on the outside of the buildings. She soon reached building 296, the sign read `New Life Spirituality Clinic'. Kagome raised an eyebrow.

She took off her sunglasses, placed them on the top of her head, and looked at the sign again. You have got to be kidding me, Kagome thought. She looked down at her clothes and sighed. Oh well, they'll notice something odd about me anyway. She walked slowly up the staircase and entered the old building.

The inside was dark and small, it was only a foyer which ended at a staircase that led downstairs. There was graffiti and crude drawings plastered on the walls, and something told her that the building was not used for bible study. Her suspicions were doubled as she walked down the stairs and smelled the stench of alcohol and the clinking of glasses. The stairs led into a large, equally dark room. There were at least twenty tables scattered about the floor and two large pool tables on either side. The bar took up the entire back wall. This is more like Kouga, she thought as she sat on one of the stools and order a scotch.

Automatically she found herself looking for windows, there were none, back rooms, anything that could be a means of escape if the situation turned ugly. She shook her head at her foolish, and Kouga appeared at her side.

"Hey," he said cooly. He sat down on the stool next to her.

"Hi," Kagome replied, sipping her drink slowly, savoring the burning sensation in the back of her throat.

"You drink?" Kouga asked, amused.

"Only when my life goes to shit." He chuckled. She took another sip and smiled as she continued. "You had something you wanted to tell me?" Kouga downed his shot and winced at it's strength.

"Yeah, I've got some new information about the Brotherhood," Everything in the bar seemed to go quiet for a few seconds, but Kagome was sure it was just her imagination playing off the moment.

"Really?" she asked calmly.

"Uh huh. It seems that Naraku has decided that vampires aren't enough of a threat force anymore. He's started to recruit demons as well. I'm afraid he's making an alliance against the humans, you know promising a share in the power if he succeeds. I'm sorry Kag, but it seems things aren't going the way your parents planned."

Kagome sat in silence and digested what the wolf demon had just said. Vampires and demons on the same side. There's no way the human race can stand up to that kind of power. This doesn't look too good, she thought. She sighed heavily and ran a hand through her hair.

"I was thinking," Kouga continued thoughtfully. Kagome turned her attention to him. "I could ask around, get the details and try to join up with the gang. It would give us easy access to any information that Naraku has or any plans he could be trying. I know it sounds ridiculous, but we really don't have that many options at the moment."

Kagome was about to protest, but sighed. He was right, there wasn't much left they could do and there was no way she could try to go undercover, Naraku's guards were always on the look for her, same with Inuyasha most likely, being heir to the demon rule. And Miroku would probably skin her alive. Kouga was the only logical choice.

"All right, do what you think you have to. There's not much more we can accomplish from this point of view, we'll have to get inside. Just promise me you aren't going to do anything stupid and get yourself killed." she said sternly. Kouga smirked.

"You have my word. I'm really sorry about this, Kagome." she nodded and said goodbye as he walked towards the staircase. She downed the rest of her drink and ordered another as she thought. How many demons did Naraku already have under his control? How many more could he get before she stopped him? So many questions, so little answers. She never liked those odds. She traced the edge of her glass with her index finger and suddenly, a chill ran down her back. The entire room suddenly seemed cold and was dripping with an evil aura.

Damn it, she thought. I can't believe how stupid I am, how could I have missed it. Everything started to fall into place, the lack of windows, hardly any lighting, the aura. She was surrounded by vampires. She suddenly started to feel a little nervous. Three or four vampires on her own she could handle, she didn't mind those odds. Twenty was a different story, she had to get out of here before they realized she didn't quite belong.

In her hurry she accidently knocked over her glass, luckily the floor was carpeted. She bent down to pick it up and heard a sharp whizzing above her head. She turned and gasped as the man in the seat beside her gave a gurgled choke and fell face down to the ground, a bullet wound in his throat. The shot had been meant for her head.

Oh Shit, she thought. Run, you idiot!!

(A/N: Well, what do you think. Do you like it, there's some action now, there will be more next chapter. Anyway please review I want comments. Bye!! 009)