InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: It's starting to get good now huh? Is anybody even reading this? I do not own Inuyasha. 009)


LAST TIME

In her hurry she accidentally knocked over her glass, luckily the floor was carpeted. She bent down to pick it up and heard a sharp whizzing above her head. She turned and gasped as the man in the seat beside her gave a gurgled choke and fell face down to the ground, a bullet wound in his throat. The shot had been meant for her head.

Oh Shit, she thought. Run, you idiot!!


Chapter Five

Kagome straightened immediately, jumped over the bar counter and crouched to shield herself from anymore shots. She quickly pulled off her coat and grabbed the pistol from the pocket. She threw the coat over the counter and winced as she heard more gun shots. This damn gun ain't gonna do me much good right now, she thought as she quickly crossed to the other side of the bar area. She looked down at her watch and saw that it was nearly ten. Sango would have told the guys by now. If I survive this I'll soon find out what it's like to be on Inuyasha's bad side.

Suddenly gunshots from different directions flew towards her position all at once. Kagome covered her head with her arms as the bottles of alcohol above her exploded under the impact. Glass shattered all around her, and few big pieces lodged into her stomach and shoulder, the tank top not being the best source of protection. If the other vampires in the bar didn't realized she was a target, they sure would now. There was no way she could take them all on, not without help. She had to make a run for the exit.

She stood and flinched at the pain from the impaling shards of glass. She was shocked to find that all the men she had seen sitting at the bar and small tables were now standing, guns aimed at her forehead. This is not a good day, she thought. They started firing, she jumped over the counter and sprinted. The staircase was on the other side of the room, at least 200 feet away.

Kagome gasped as three vampires made a jump for her. She dodged and they ran into one another, knocking each other out from the impact. She would have laughed at their stupidity had it not been for the other fifteen who wanted a piece of her.

One took out a very large sword and ran towards her. Kagome grabbed two of her small daggers and blocked his swings which were growing more and more powerful. She couldn't keep defending herself for the numbing pain her shoulder. She silently cursed the glass and she turned towards the stairs. The vampire smirked and slashed his blade down once again, slicing her deep across the back. Kagome fought a scream as she continued to run, willing herself to survive.


Sango was pacing the kitchen floor, staring at the digital clock on top of the microwave. It was 10:15. Kagome promised she would be back 9:00. Inuyasha and Miroku had returned about a half and hour ago and were now sitting on the couch, watching TV.

She had told them that Kagome had gone to the park to run off her frustration from the day with Kouga. They had looked skeptical but accepted her claim without much opposition. Now Kagome was almost an hour and a half late, and she didn't know quite what to do. Her friends voice started to flow through her mind, `Sango? If I'm not back in two hours..'. That did it, her friend was in trouble, and she made a decision.

"Miroku, Inuyasha, I have to tell you something..."


Kagome finally made it to the bottom of the staircase, she was home free.... or not. One more vampire stood directly in her way, and she didn't have the strength to fight him head on. He laughed and cocked his gun in her direction. Kagome growled and ran up the stairs, hoping to surprise him.

The vampire fired his pistol and the bullet pierced her stomach. Searing pain roared through her body as if thousands of flaming hot needles were stabbing her skin at once. With one hand she clutched at her stomach, trying to stop the bleeding while steading herself on the railing with the other. She was starting to get dizzy.

The vampire laughed at his opponent, throwing his head to the ceiling, blocking his view, a very bad move. Kagome snarled, grabbed a dagger from her belt and jabbed it into his neck. The silver metal began to react with his skin, causing it to bubble and boil. Kagome didn't care to see the rest. She passed to mortified assassin and ran out of the building, back towards the alley.

The sidewalk started getting fuzzy and sway a little with each step. She reached her truck and leaped inside. She took a moment to study her wounds which were now bleeding freely and showed no signs of stopping anytime soon. The back of her shirt was soaked with the warm, sticky blood that now stained her leather seat, her stomach in a similar condition.

She reached into the back of the car, pulled out a thick blanket, and cut out a long strip with her knife. She tied it tightly around her slim waist, hoping it would serve as a make-shift bandage until she got the bullet out. Until then, the wound would never heal. Kagome then glanced at her shoulder. The glass was about three inches long, a half an inch wide, and stuck about an inch deep in her flesh. Just like the bullet, she would have to pull out the protruding object if she ever wanted it to heal.

She blessed the fact that she had chosen to park in the pitch dark alley, and waited for the pounding in her head to lessen. Kagome pulled the keys out of her side pocket, and turned the ignition halfway so she could see the clock. 10:30, it would be eleven before she got home. Sango must be worried to death, she thought as she started the engine.


Kagome pulled into the parking lot of the apartment building and stared up to the very left windows of the third floor. Sango's and Miroku's cars were still in the parking lot, but the lights were off. Odd, she thought. She sighed, carefully stepped out of the sanctuary of her vehicle and climbed up the stairs to her doom.

When she finally reached the door, she paused for a few minutes debating on whether she really wanted to enter or not. Her stomach gave a violent jolt in reply and she decided that it would be best to get help and take the heat. She unlocked the door, and stepped inside the dark room.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!!" cried two deep voices from the middle of the black abyss. Suddenly the lights flickered back on, courtesy of Sango who looked at Kagome sympathetically. Inuyasha and Miroku were sitting on the couch, arms crossed, glaring daggers with their eyes. But upon seeing Kagome's battered frame, their gazes softened instantly and they shot to her side. Inuyasha hugged her gently and started yelling things like `Are you okay?' and `You idiotic girl!', Miroku in similar fashion. Kagome just tuned everything out, relaxed in her boyfriend's hold, and looked at the pale girl across the room.

`Sorry,' Sango mouthed.

`It's okay. I deserve it.' she mouthed back and winked. Sango's face brightened. After a few more minutes of cursing, Inuyasha and Miroku finally calmed down and turned to the more important matters. Inuyasha picked Kagome up in his arms and sat down on the couch, while Miroku stared at her wounds.

"Boy, kid. They really did a number on you," he said. Kagome scowled. "We're gonna have to pull out that crap out if you want to heal, you know." Miroku rose and went to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. Inuyasha's grasp tightened slightly around her waist.

"Do you know how stupid you were going by yourself? You should've had me go along with you," he whispered softly in her ear. Kagome just sighed and leaned her head against his chest. Miroku came back, holding a pair of tweezers in his hand.

"All right, let's get it over with," he stated, sitting back down on the couch.

"Let's not and say we did," Kagome said and struggled to escape the inevitable pain. Inuyasha laughed, grabbed his girlfriend's arms and locked them at her side, trapping her in his lap. After seeing it was useless to struggle, she stilled and started to talk to Sango.

"So what did -ow- I miss -ow?" Kagome growled and bit at Miroku who was pulling all the little pieces of glass from her stomach. Her tank top was rolled just below her bra line, Inuyasha held her down with one arm, and held a towel to her bullet wound with the other.

"Sorry," Miroku said while the hanyou just laughed softly. There were at least twenty small pieces of glass to pull out before they got to the major wounds. Miroku decided to deal with the shoulder first. He grabbed the large shard in his fingers gently while Kagome closed her eyes.

"This might hurt a little," he said.

"Just do it," his sister mumbled. Miroku quickly yanked out the glass and placed a small cloth over the gash. Kagome stifled a yelp as Inuyasha rubbed her other arm soothingly. Now, for the bullet.

"What are you gonna do to me?" Kagome asked her brother as he inspected the hole in her stomach. He sighed.

"I'm not sure exactly, it's pretty damn deep."

"Great," she muttered as he pulled out the tweezers again.

"Try not think about it," Miroku said as her cleaned the instrument with rubbing alcohol.

"Easy for you to say." Inuyasha and Sango both started to talk to Kagome while Miroku debated on the best way to attack the bullet. Kagome explained her meeting with Kouga and the fact that Naraku was starting to take demons into his gang.

"This doesn't look too good," Sango said softly.

"No, and I'm worried about Kouga's decision to become a membOWWW!!!" Kagome cried. Miroku just smiled, the bullet in his hand. He had finally given up all matters of strategy and just dug for it.

"It's out," he said innocently while he washed the wound.

"I'll show you what's out," she mumbled as Inuyasha laughed some more. "S'not funny!!"

"Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad now was it?" he asked. Kagome looked up into her captor's eyes.

"Hah!!" she spat. Miroku cleaned her back and bandaged her waist. It would take more time than normal for the wounds to heal since it was so close to the new moon. Kagome was too tired to move, so she fell asleep in Inuyasha's arms while her friends talked. Inuyasha smiled and kissed the top of her head.

(A/N: Well, got some action in there for ya, don't worry there will be more, until next time..009 please review)