InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: Just a reminder, I don't own Inuyasha. And without further ado...

Chapter Six

KAG'S POV

When I woke up the next morning I felt terrible. Beyond that, heck I felt like shit, but I wasn't the kind of person to go around complaining. I notice that I didn't wake up in my bed, but on the couch in Inuyasha's arms, and I'm not saying that was a bad thing. He was still sound asleep, but when I tried to get up, his grip on my waist tightened. Now either he is extremely possessive or he's actually awake and is toying with me. I didn't know for sure and I wasn't in the mood to find out, I had big enough problems today.

I knew why I was feeling this way. Kinda of like I had the flu, pneumonia, and a migraine all in one. This all had to do with that damn new moon tonight. I growled softly, I could swear I heard him snicker. I pried myself out of the steel like bonds, and walked into my bedroom to change. I looked into the bathroom mirror. My hair now sported three more streaks. once I had seventeen I would be mortal again, great. Suddenly, my gentle prison bars wrapped around my waist once again and pulled me against a strong chest.

"Are you okay? You don't look to good," Inuyasha said softly in my ear.

"Gee thanks," I spat, I was not in the mood for anyone's sympathy. I hoped that maybe he would get the hint and back off for while, at least until my body got back to normal. But being the caring and slightly dense half demon that he was, he only hugged me tighter. No..... I wanted, needed to stay in a bad mood, it's was the only way I would be able to survive the rest of the day with my sanity still intact. Curse his ability to make my heart melt in his hands.

"Come on, Kag. This has got to do with your human new moon thing right?" It was more of an observation than a question. I sighed and leaned against his strong frame.

"By the end of school today, I'll be mortal again. That's why I look like I'm sick, my vampire half is sort of dying in a way. I'm sorry that I snapped at you, but I need to stay in a bad mood." I said.

"Why's that?"

"`Cause as soon as I'm mortal, my vampire blood will start trying to control me, and if I'm mad I'll be stubborn to listen, you know," Inuyasha nodded and rested his chin on my head. I could tell he was feeling sorry for me, and that was the last thing that I wanted. "Oh cut it out Inu. I'm used to it, you don't need to feel bad for me. Now let go, I got get my stuff together and you still gotta get dressed."


Normal POV

"So, got anymore secrets you'd like to tell me?" Inuyasha asked. He and Kagome were walking down the school hallways, his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Kagome raised an eyebrow and looked up at him.

"Yes and no," she said.

"Yes and no? What's that supposed to mean?" She smirked.

"Yes, I've got another secret, and no, I don't plan on sharing it with you,"

"Oh really?" Inuyasha asked and pinned her against the wall. With one hand he locked both of her arms above her head and with the other he tickled her mercilessly. Kagome was able to keep her cool for five seconds, but not having her usual strength, she burst out laughing.

"Inuyasha...Stop...Okay...I'll tell you...Just cut it out!!" she said between the gasps for breath. He smirked and ceased his torturing hand, but still kept her pinned to the wall. "You promise not to laugh?" she asked. He nodded.

"All right. There are very few things that I'm afraid of, but...When I was fighting Seraph in the cemetery, I had a really hard time keeping my focus. It's not like I'm afraid of the dead or anything, but for the past couple of years, I keep having this nightmare every so often. It gets so real that now I've got a real fear of.... No, no you're gonna laugh at me," she said.

"Kagome, I'm not gonna laugh, I promise. I may be mean, but I'm not cruel," Inuyasha said.

"Okay, I'm afraid of being buried alive in a way, I guess that's stupid since I'm immortal but..."

"It's not stupid," he interrupted. "I'm sure a lot of people feel that way, but I promise, I'm not going to let anyone do that to you, okay?" She nodded.

"But you can't tell anyone. Not even Miroku knows that," she said.

"Not a word," he replied and he released her from the wall. Just then Kouga walked by.

"Kouga!! Hey!!" Kagome called. The wolf demon stopped, looked around nervously, and walked up to the couple.

"So did you get my gun fixed? I kinda need it if I want to go slaying any time soon," she said.

"Umm...sorry Kag. I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll get it to you, I swear." His voice sounded rushed and almost frantic. Kagome eyed him curiously and Inuyasha placed a protective arm around her waist. Something was off, they both knew it.

"So, did you get into the Brotherhood?" she continued. Kouga's eyes widened slightly.

"Uh...yeah. B-but I haven't met with Naraku or anything if that's what your thinking, I swear." Yep, something was definitely off. Kouga wasn't the kind of person to stutter, even when he came face to face with death itself.

"Umm...okay," Kagome replied looking up at Inuyasha in confusion. Kouga fidgeted under the hanyou's suspicious gaze.

"Look I gotta go, see you around." And with that, Kouga was gone.

"Well, that was odd," Kagome said.

"Yep, come on," Inuyasha replied as he walked his girlfriend to class.


"Hey Inuyasha!!" Miroku called from the back of the auto shop room. Inuyasha waved and headed over to where the 1989 Chevy rested on a lift. This was the one period that he and Kagome didn't have together. He and Miroku had auto mechanics, she and Sango had BC Calculus. (A/N: No idea what that is, except that it's an honors math class though. Damn smart people!! Jus' Kiddin' 009) He pulled on a pair of gloves and stood beside Miroku.

"So has Kag bitten your head off yet, or tried to maim you?" Miroku asked.

"No, why?" Inuyasha asked, not bothering to turn to his face.

"What? This is the day of the new moon, right?" Miroku asked, stunned.

"Yes."

"And you can see that she's turning mortal, right?"

"Yes," Inuyasha replied, getting slightly annoyed.

"And she hasn't tried to harm you in any way?"

"For God's sake, Miroku, no!! Why?" Inuyasha growled.

"Oh, no reason. But my sister must really love you to not attack you so close to her transformation. She almost bit a chunk out of my hand last year."

"Feh, you can't even handle your own baby sister?" Inuyasha laughed. Miroku scowled.

"If you haven't noticed, my baby sister can kick some serious ass, and I would rather not have it be mine," Inuyasha laughed even harder.

"Yeah, I know, that's why I like her," he said. "Miroku, how well do you know Kouga?"


Kagome and Sango had long abandoned any hopes of paying attention to the monotone drawl of the math professor and had resorted to exchanging notes to pass time. Kagome was not only dealing with a headache the size of Montana, but she just couldn't shake the feeling that something as very wrong. Maybe it was because of Kouga's previous behavior or maybe it was the new moon messing with her mind, she wasn't sure. She felt a piece of paper slip under her hand.

Kag,

Are you okay? You look like you're about to fight Naraku or something

Kagome sighed and wrote a reply:

San,

I can't really explain it, but I'm sure that something's gonna happen before the day ends, something bad. I guess I'm just a little nervous since I'm not really a half-vamp anymore, I wouldn't stand much of a chance during a fight.

I'm sure everything will be fine, Kag. Inuyasha won't let anything happen to you, half-vamp or not

I guess

This continued for several minutes and Kagome was beginning to feel a little more relaxed. She soon learned that she should start listening to her instincts more often, especially when someone decided to disrupt their lesson.

(A/N: So what do you think, please review and tell me. Please, please, please, please, etc. 009)