InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: Okay no offense but youkaichicksupreme... YOU'RE ANNOYING, BUT I LOVE YOU ANYWAY, THANKS FOR REVIEWING. And if anyone thinks that my ideas for this story are stupid or lame...WELL TOO BAD BECAUSE IT'S MY DAMN STORY AND I'LL TELL IT HOW I WANT TO!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, STOP READING IT!!

Now that I've got that out of my system... 009)

Chapter Seven

The window which overlooked the courtyard cracked and shattered, causing thick pieces of glass to fly everywhere, one slashing Kagome across her forehead and down her creek. She didn't flinch at the contact, she didn't wince as her warm blood oozed down her face. She just stood facing the mysterious black figure who had made the disruptive entrance. The classroom was nearly empty, screams echoing through the halls from the terrified students, only Sango remained. The figure stepped into the light to reveal pale white skin and short black hair.

"Do you have an appointment?" Kagome asked, her weight shifted to one foot, arms crossed, a smirk on her face.

"Do not be so smug, half-vamp. Naraku has found you to be a bigger nuisance than predicted, and has sent me to relieve him of your presence in this world," the vampire said, shedding his long, black coat.

"Oh, that's so sweet," she replied, giving off more confidence than she truly felt. She was in deep trouble, in less than an hour, she would be mortal, she needed to take care of this now. She glanced at Sango and grimaced, she didn't want her to be there. In her weakened state it would be difficult enough to protect herself, let alone another human.

"Sango, get the hell out of here, now!!" Sango looked hesitant but obeyed, running out the door. She was probably going to get Inuyasha and Miroku, oh well.

"May I ask you a question?" the vampire said, interrupting her frustrating thoughts.

"Shoot,"

"Humans are a strange and imperfect species, why do you wish to protect them when you have the ability to be so much more?" His question was truehearted, he wanted an answer, why not? Kagome took off her denim jacket revealing a black tank top and no belt, she was completely unarmed. Yep she was in big trouble.

"Well, I suppose it's because you're right, humans are strange and imperfect. But if there was no human race, where would I fit in?" Kagome could swear she saw a faint smile on the vampire's lips.

"Very well said, Miss Kagome."

"Well, you seem to know my name. May I ask you what is yours?"

"Of course, my name is Mekai. I apologize for my personal question, but I do not enjoy killing humans without a true reason. I suppose I am also strange and imperfect." Kagome grinned. "You seem like a decent person," he continued. "I hate to kill you."

"You seem like a decent person, I hate to die,"

"Shall we begin?"

"After you,"

Mekai smirked and disappeared into thin air. Kagome gasped and looked around, not noticing the shadow that had appeared behind her. Suddenly she was lifted seven feet off the ground. Mekai started to walk towards the window that had not been broken, pinning her arms to her waist.

"Great," Kagome mumbled as she tried to escape his cold grasp.


Inuyasha and Miroku were running through the hallway on the second floor, dodging frantic students and teachers. The principal had appeared over the intercom a few minutes ago saying there was a dangerous intruder in the building. That meant there was a 99.9% chance that Kag was in the middle of the mess.

"Inuyasha!! Miroku!!" Sango came up to them, gasping for air.

"Sango what's going on? Where's Kagome?" Inuyasha yelled over the screaming.

"That's why I've been looking for you. It's one of Naraku's vampires, he's going to kill her." she said, panting.

"Then we got to get up there!!" Miroku said. Just then they heard a crash and Kagome's body when flying out of a window to meet the courtyard ground, hard.

"KAGOME!!"

"Damn, three story buildings," Kagome muttered as the shock of the fall surged through her body. She heard Inuyasha shout her name and looked to one of the second floor windows. All three of them were there, her boyfriend looking ready to kill. She sat up and mouthed the words `I'm okay. Just stay there'. Inuyasha sighed and nodded.

"What does she think she's doing?" Sango cried. "She can't be serious!!" Miroku placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Kagome doesn't want any help because she's mortal, she can't afford any distractions. And if the people she cares about are put in danger, that would definitely be a distraction. That's something I had to submit to a long time ago, that's just how Kag is. Don't worry, she's a tough kid."

Kagome stood up and glared at Mekai, who was wearing a large grin. She took a step, and stifled a scream as pain shot up her leg. She looked down and cursed, her right knee was dislocated.

"Give a minute," she said and laid back down on her back, sticking her leg in the air. She hit her knee with her fist and flinched when it popped back in place. She stood up and started hopping up and down, trying to get some feeling back.

"It seems it will not be so easy to keep yourself in one piece," Mekai said, laughing. Kagome glared, still hopping.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" she asked.

"Immensely,"

"Har har," she said sarcastically. "Okay no more Miss Nice Half-vamp, it's on now, dude,"

"Oh you think so?"

"Bring it on."

Mekai dived head first in a hopes to tackle Kagome. She fell to the ground and kicked her feet up in his stomach, using the momentum to launch him into the brick wall. He left an inch deep impression before falling to the ground. Mekai stood up brushed the dirt off of his shirt.

"All right, we'll do this the easy way," he said and pulled a revolver out of his pocket, aiming it at her forehead. Inuyasha tried to break through the window, but Miroku held him back. The gun fired, Kagome dodge to the left.

"Wow!! You suck at this!!" she said. He fired again, she dodged to the right. "Man, my brother's got better aim than you, and that's not saying a whole lot."

"Hey now!!" Miroku called, she laughed. The gun fired again, she ducked. "Strike three, your out!!" She picked up a large rock and threw it with all the strength she could find. She was aiming for his armed hand, instead she hit his head. Mekai fell to the ground, out cold.

Kagome scratched her head. "Hmm...I didn't mean literally but that works too." She walked to the limp vampire and reached for the gun. Another shot fired, she jumped to the side in shock, but the bullet hit her right arm. She gripped the wound and spun around. Another vampire jumped from the roof, and another, both wielding pistols.

"I couldn't feel them coming," she whispered. She felt the side of her neck, searching for the two puncture marks, there were none. "Not now." She was mortal, her arm was worthless, she was in deep trouble.

She looked towards the window and locked eyes with Inuyasha. They were full of concern, worry, anger. She then looked at Miroku, smiled sadly, and did the only thing she could. She ran.


"Run, kid. Run," Miroku whispered as he watched his sister. Inuyasha grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Miroku, what the heck is going on?" he asked. He was truly scared for his girlfriend, he had never seen her run away from anything before.

"We gotta get to Kagome before those vampires do," Miroku replied.

"Why, what's wrong?"

"She's mortal, and she knows she can't win. That's why she's running, to draw them away from us,"

"Dammit, let's go then!!" Inuyasha shouted, running down the hallway. Sango started after him.

"No Sango, stay here and keep out of sight!! It's too dangerous, I don't want you to get hurt!!" Miroku cried over his shoulder and disappeared around the corner.

"How rude, she's my friend too," Sango muttered as she turned back towards the window. She gasped when she found that Mekai was no longer on the ground.

(A/N: Sorry for the cliff ending but I gotta go out to eat now for some strange occasion, who knows. I'll update soon, swear it. 009)