InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: Sorry about the cliffhanger but my mom was like "TURN OFF THE COMPUTER NOW OR DIE!!" and rather than face her wrath, I decided to be an obedient child for once in my life. Hey my mother is a scary woman!! Anywho . 009)

Chapter Eight

Sango shrieked when Mekai jumped up to the second floor window and crashed through. He grabbed her by the arms and pinned her against a row of lockers, a combination lock gouging her back. His eyes were cold and manipulative and he was obviously tired of playing the nice guy. Someone was calling her name. Inuyasha and Miroku had heard all the commotion and were now running down the hall to Sango's aid.

Mekai looked at them and smirked. The two vampires from before appeared and grabbed the boys from behind, pinning their arms behind their backs. Mekai walked over to them, dragging Sango along one arm around her waist, the other her neck.

"Well, well, Inuyasha Tanakei. I must say, I'm not too terribly surprised to see you, desperately trying to save your mate to be I assume?" Inuyasha growled and lunged only to be pulled back forcefully by the larger vampire. "Well, don't worry," Mekai continued, backing away slightly. "I'm sure that once she hears her best friend screaming in pain, your darling little half- vamp will come running."

"DAMN STRAIGHT I WILL!!" echoed a familiar voice. Kagome flew in from nowhere and before he could react, jammed a pen two inches into Mekai's shoulder. He gasped in pain and released Sango, clutched the bloody utensil. Kagome stood in front of the best friend.

"THERE SHALL BE NO TOUCHING OF THE BEST FRIEND, BROTHER, OR BOYFRIEND!!" She then kneed him in the groin, sending him falling to his knees. "AND I'M NOT LITTLE!! I'M STUCK THIS AGE, SO BACK OFF, BUDDY!!" Kagome grabbed Sango's arm and started running towards the first floor staircase.

Mekai, who had just been whipped by a furious little mortal girl, glared at the two vampires who were still holding the now-smirking guys. "Well...Don't just stand there!! GO AFTER HER!!" Immediately they disappeared. Mekai pulled the pen out of his shoulder. "Idiots," he muttered before vanishing as well. Miroku looked at Inuyasha and grinned slyly.

"So, mate to be, huh?" he asked. Inuyasha smirked.

" I've had an informal claim on the girl ever since I first laid eyes on her,"

"Interesting. Anyway, let's go!!"

"Right!"


Kagome and Sango ran into the main gym and shut the large metal doors as quietly as they could. Then they sprinted to the other end and hid behind the wooden bleachers.

"Sango, are you okay?" Kagome whispered, eyes wide with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But jeez, Kagome, that was really bold taking him on like that when your mortal, have you gone crazy?" she asked.

"Oh, I've past that stage a long time ago," Kagome replied leaning against the wood. There were numerous small cuts on her face and body. There was a blue bandana wrapped around her right upper arm which sported a dark red, almost black spot which seemed to grow larger every minute. The gun shot wound was still bleeding badly and she had not had the time to pull out the bullet. She then turned back to Sango.

"Sango, you've got to promise me something. Things could get very bad, so matter what, you cannot leave this spot, you can't make sound, you cannot let them know that you are here, okay? I can't guarantee I'll be able to save your butt again, okay?" she asked, smiling slightly. Sango nodded. "Good, now stay here."

Kagome ran around the gym, looking for a more useful weapon than a small writing utensil off the hallway floor. Just then the doors swung open and light poured into the dim room, shadowing the faces of the three assassins. Mekai started to laugh.

"That was a cheap trick, half-vamp. Naraku warned me that a brat like yourself would not be taken down so easily." Kagome spotted a metal basketball cage. She kicked one of the bars off creating a three foot pool with two sharp and jagged edges. She spun it expertly in her left hand.

"No kidding? I'm flattered by your master's praise, I didn't know he thought that highly of me," she said sarcastically, smirking in emphasis. Mekai snapped and then crossed his arms over his chest as the other two vampires ran towards her. She gripped the pole and swung it like a baseball bat.

"Batter up," she said. She hit one of the vampires in the head, the other in the stomach, causing them both the fall to the ground. "Home run." Mekai snarled and pulled out his gun, once again. Kagome shook her head gravely. "Looks like we've got ourselves a sore loser." He started to fire and she blocked all the bullets with the pole. Her arm was on fire, but she wouldn't wince, she refused to show any pain. What happened next was almost a big blur as the fight started to spiral downhill.

She had forgotten that she had left the two other vampires temporarily winded at her feet, not realizing that they wouldn't be down for long. As soon as the gun stopped firing one pulled the pole out of her hands and the other grabbed her around the waist pinning her arms to her sides. Kagome thrashed around violently and finally headbutted him, hard. She tried to run away, and succeeded in moving a few feet before being tackled to the ground. One vampire had her by the arms, the other by the legs, making it impossible to squirm away. She laughed mockingly, and almost insanely.

"What? It takes two big, strong, full vampires to hold down one tiny little half-vamp? You cowards!!" she shouted, finally managing to hit one in the face, but the arms never released. Mekai stood over her and smiled victoriously.

"Well, you are a pain in the ass, aren't you?" he said. He took out a roll of duck tape and bound her arms to her waist and her feet. It was at that moment that Kagome knew she was in deep trouble. She snarled, bit, growled, flailed about, anything to put up a fight. The biggest vampire picked her up in his arms and gripped her tightly, ceasing any movement. Then a white cloth bathed in rubbing alcohol was held to her face, causing her to cough violently. Her vision started to darken.

"KAGOME!!" she heard. She looked over to the doors to see Inuyasha and Miroku. Inuyasha opened his mouth again, but everything had slowed down and she couldn't make out what he was saying. The world started spinning and she felt like she was ready to vomit all over the vampires shoes. The last thing she saw were Inuyasha's concerned eyes, and then nothing.

"YOU BASTARDS, LET HER GO!!" Inuyasha shouted. Mekai just laughed as his group disappeared in a puff of smoke. "NO!!" He ran over, but they were gone, and Kagome with them. Inuyasha stared at the ground and collapsed to his knees. He couldn't save her, the one time when she needed him most, and he couldn't save her.

"Sango, where are you?!" Miroku shouted. Sango came running from behind the bleachers and flew into Miroku arms, crying into his chest. Miroku rubbed her back softly.

"Inuyasha, Miroku, I'm so sorry, I should have tried to stop them. But Kagome made me promise that I wouldn't help her no matter what.." she started to cry even harder.

"No, it's not your fault. Kagome doesn't want you to think that any of this is your fault. You did the right thing listening to her, if you had tried to intervene, you might have been kidnapped too." Miroku said softly. Sango's sobs got quieter as she began to calm down but still felt incredibly guilty that she hadn't done anything to help her best friend, especially when she had just saved her a few minutes ago.

Inuyasha was now up, leaning against the door that led outdoors, staring at the sky. He started talking to himself softly. "I'm so sorry, Kagome. I should have been there. Dammit, I should have been there. Don't worry, I'm gonna get you back, kid. I swear it, I'm not going to let Naraku have you. I'm coming."

(A/N: Yeah that was kind of short, but it was more of a part two kind of thing so I don't really consider it a chapter. Anyway, I'm gonna be updating really soon so "stay tuned". Wow, that was bad. Ewww. 009)