InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: You know this fight between me and youkaichicksupreme is more entertaining than the actual story. Odd. Anyway... 009)

Chapter Nine

"How the hell is this supposed to help me find Kagome?!!" Inuyasha shouted at Miroku, who was sitting at the computer desk. Miroku sighed and looked at his concerned friend.

"Simple, Kagome and I both knew that there would be a time when one of us would probably get kidnapped. So we both have cell phones with GPS systems, tracking her down will be a snap. Don't worry." Inuyasha's eyes widened and he smiled, slightly relieved at the fact that finding his girlfriend would be easy. Miroku turned back to the screen.

"Ah hah!! Got her, she's on the other side of New York City... in an abandoned cemetery?" he said, slightly surprised.

"Never mind the details, let's just go!!"


"Miroku, are you sure we have the right place?" Sango asked as the three walked along the deserted tombstones. It was nearly eleven o'clock and since there was no moon, it was very hard to see, even with flashlights.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Miroku replied, shining his light on the location print out. "Wait a minute...that's odd." he continued softly. Inuyasha looked over his shoulder.

"What is?" he asked. Miroku stared at the paper and sighed.

"Well, the location should be this exact spot, but that's ridiculous there's nothing here," he said. Inuyasha continued to walk. "Not a building in sight, but the read out says we should be right on top of her." Inuyasha halted abruptly. Without turning around, he spoke in a rather nervous voice.

"Miroku, say that again."

"What? We should be right on top of her?" Miroku asked, slightly confused.

"Exactly, we're looking on the surface. But that's the wrong to be searching, especially in a graveyard." Inuyasha replied, turning around to meet his friends perplexed faces.

"What are you saying?" Sango asked.

"Miroku's right. We could be right on top of her." he said, shining his flashlight directly on the ground which Miroku stood on. Among the endless amount of dead grass and weeds there was a large rectangle on soft, brown dirt. It was about six feet in length and three feet in width. The perfect size for a coffin.


"Ugh, I feel like I've been run over by a semi....twice." Kagome said as she woke up. She had no idea how long she had been unconscious, but probably long enough for Naraku and his gang to really mess her up. Her arm was no longer hurting, because it was completely numb, not a good sign. There was no telling if the bullet wound was still bleeding or not, but most likely she had already lost a good amount of blood.

She opened her eyes, or at least, she thought she did. It was pitch black, and cold. Kagome could feel the walls on her arms and back, they were padded. The air was thin, it was getting hard to breathe. The was no sound, just nothing. Then the realization hit her like a ton of bricks, she was a coffin. Naraku, that bastard, he had buried her alive, left her to suffocate. She freaked.

Immediately Kagome began to struggle only to find that her arms and legs were still bound by the tape, and she was still mortal. It would be impossible to break through bonds. At this rate, she would be lucky if she had a half and hour's worth of oxygen. She had calm to down, or else she was a goner.

`What am I gonna do?' she thought as she slowed her breathing. `Okay, Kag get a hold of yourself. You are not going to panic, you can't, it ain't allowed. It's just a dream, don't mean anything. You gotta get out of here.' She tried once again to pull her arms free. `Agh!! It's no use, Mekai did a bloody good job, dammit.' Just then she realized that there was a soft, blue glow coming from inside her pocket.

Her beeper, Miroku was tracking her down. `Hey, I might not be done for just yet.' As if on cue, a faint voice could be heard. It was a gruff and wonderfully familiar.

"Kagome!! Kagome!! Are you down there, can you hear me?" `Inuyasha!'

"Yeah!! I'm down here!! But I can't get out on my own, can you help me?!" she cried.

"Okay, we'll get you out in a sec.....don't go anywhere." The last remark came out as a sarcastic joke.

Kagome growled and muttered. "Don't go anywhere. Where the hell am I supposed to go?" Then she screamed. "Remind to kill you when I'm a half- vamp again, you idiot!!"

"What's that? Can't you hear you, babe!!"

"Oh you are so dead," she hissed. After deciding that yelling had not been the best idea in her current situation, she closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing, conserving what little air she had left. It would take her friends at least ten minutes to dig her out, depending on how deep she was. And considering that drastic change to the warm summer temperature, she was pretty dang deep.

"Well, it seems you're in a bit of a tight spot now, aren't you Kagome?" came a mysterious voice. It wasn't the same as the distant, muffled sound of Inuyasha's voice, this was close, almost coming from....inside her head?

"Oh no, not you. Look, as you can see, I'm kinda tied up at the moment."

"Hardly a time for puns, don't you think?"

Kagome closed her eyes instinctively and separated herself from her body, becoming lost in the corridors of her own mind. She had been here before, she wasn't frightened. Sure it was dark, but it was also familiar. It didn't take long for her to come face to face with a person she despised even more than Naraku.

There was a figure, slightly taller and a bit more muscular than herself. She was a girl of the same age. She had raven-black hair which was hung down towards the middle of her waist, much longer than Kagome's. It was also much wilder, as if it had been years since the girl had a used a brush. Her skin was pale, and contrasted greatly with the beautiful tan of Kagome's complexion. But the most startling difference between the two were their faces.

Kagome's eyes were a mesmerizing stormy blue with flicks of gray ice. The other girl's were blood red and quite intimidating to anybody but Kag. Kagome could call on her fangs at any time, but usually preferred to be dull and straight. The other girl proudly sported the two canine's, lips twisted in an evil grin. To any stranger the sight of this girl would be horrifying, but to Kagome she was all too familiar. This was her full vampire side, this is what she would become if she ever lost control.

"Hmm.... So Kagome, looks like you're really posing a threat to Naraku now" the girl said.

"Oh please, so I had a slip up. It's allowed, I'm only human."

"Yes.... only human. Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron, dear."

"No, I think it suits me just fine. You may be a part of my body, but you are not a part of my mind."

The girl sighed. "Oh Kag, when will you just learn to except it. You're not the same as those humans anymore. You're different, you belong with us, not them. You are in two different worlds now. You can never truly go back to being with Miroku..... and Inuyasha." Kagome stiffened. "Oh don't even act surprised. I know everything that you know, I am you after all."

"Hardly."

"It's true. Think about it, Kagome. Naraku knows yours secrets now. He knows about weaknesses. The new moon, your mortality, your fear of coffins, ironically."

"That's not possible that he knows about the new moon. You know more than I do that there is no set date, it's different for every half-vamp. It had to be a coincidence that he attacked today."

"Maybe, maybe not. Look, all I know is that there might be a possibility that he has an true advantage over you now. But you can rid yourself of that trouble. Let me take control, I'll make things end, briefly. Trust me."

Kagome thought about what her vampire side just said. What if she was telling the truth? What if Naraku truly did find out about her weaknesses, even her fear of cemeteries. How could she win now that they had an inevitable date to attack on? Maybe...maybe she should let her vampire side take control. At least for a while.

Then she would no weaknesses, she wouldn't change mortal, he wouldn't have that advantage. And besides, she was strong, she could always regain control if things started get out of hand, right?

"Kagome!!" Inuyasha? How was he penetrating her thoughts? Not even Miroku had been able to do that. "Kagome, are you alright? Keep talking to me, babe!!" Inuyasha...Miroku....Sango. What would happen to them if she surrendered her control. What was to stop the vampire from harming them when it came time for her to feed? She had never had to worry about blood, if she turned full vampire she would have to kill.

She looked at the vampire, who was still smirking, and narrowed her eyes.


"She's not answering!!" Inuyasha cried as he dug furiously at the dirt with his bare hands. It had been thirty minutes since they had found Kagome, and they were only about half way down in the grave. He hadn't heard any sound or movement since. Had she run out of oxygen? Was she dieing....dead?

"Inuyasha, calm down. I don't think she's dead." Miroku said, kneeling beside him as he too moved the dirt. "As she had told you before, tonight is the night when she and her full vampire side battle it out for the control of her blood. She's trapped inside her own mind right now, and she won't be released until dawn. The vampire isn't just a presence that she had to fight physically, it's a whole different person living inside her. It had it's own thoughts, feelings, needs, and it tries to use Kagome as it's host body just like all other humans who have been bitten." Miroku paused and looked him in the eyes.

"Right now she is in a position where she cannot truly defend herself. She was already feeling vulnerable before, the vampire will try to take full advantage of that situation. Kagome may not win the argument this time. As soon as we get her out of that casket, you have got to try to bring her out of it, before it's too late. She may not be able to hear me, but I'm sure she'll hear you."

Inuyasha nodded and attacked the dirt once again.


"Kagome!! Come on, babe, say something to me!!" His voice sounded again. Inuyasha. If she turned full vamp what was to stop her from biting Inuyasha. No, no she couldn't let that happen. She couldn't do that everyone, become the person that she was determined to destroy. That would be betraying herself as well as the ones she loved.

Wait a minute!! Why didn't she think about it before, where had her mind drifted off to? Just why would this vampire help her destroy Naraku like she claimed. Naraku was her master, her creator, she had come from his bite. There was no way she would destroy him. It was a lie, one that Kagome had almost believed.

She thanked Inuyasha for coming into her thoughts and helping her see through the darkness, even though he wouldn't hear her. But she still had a problem. She was trapped in her mind, who knows how long it would be before dawn. She was too weak from the physical and emotional strain from that day, there would be no way for her stand up to this vampire. She had caught her at just the right time, she needed help.


Inuyasha finally found the lid of the casket. With the help of Miroku he lifted it out of the hole and broke the lock on the side. He lifted the door and looked in. Kagome was still bound with the duct tape, her face was scratched, and her arm was pale and bloody. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was moving, talking without voicing anything.

Inuyasha gently lifted her out of the box and cradled her in his lap. With his claws he cut the tape and yanked it away, throwing it off to the side. He started calling out to her, shaking her shoulders, anything to get the poor girl to wake up from her nightmare. She didn't react, she was still in her own world.

He then placed one of his hand behind her head, one supporting her back, and kissed her passionately, hoping that she would soon respond. Kagome's eyes shot open, then closed again as she relaxed and began to kiss back. Inuyasha hugged her tighter to his body and she wrapped her good arm around his neck since her other was numb. Sango hugged Miroku in happiness that her best friend was alive, and... well, she was alive.

The two broke apart, panting slightly. Inuyasha leaned his forehead against hers.

"You scared me a bit, kid," he whispered.

"Sorry," she replied. Inuyasha smiled and stood up, Kagome safely in his arms.

"Inuyasha, it's okay. I can walk probably," she said, but far too tired to put up a struggle.

"Not taking any chances," he replied, refusing to let her leave his reach. Kagome shrugged, leaned her head against his shoulder, and closed her eyes, completely exhausted.

(A/N: Hah!! The fluff has returned!! I needed this, I just finished a very sad book and I've been crying for like the past hour. But I'm happy now, you guys could make me even happier and review por favor 009)