InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Chapter Ten ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: I'M TELLING YOU NOW, THIS IS INU/KAG!!!!! DON'T STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS CHAPTER READ THE WHOLE THING!!009)

Chapter Ten

It was early next morning when Kagome woke up. She was in her own bed, in warm pajama bottoms and a large T-shirt, and she could barely even move. Her arm was sore and stiff, just flexing caused her muscles to sear with pain. Every gash and cut she had received the previous night now burned like bubbling acid.

This was the reason she hated the new moon. You get a wound as a human, you heal like a human. It didn't matter how much vampire blood she had in her today, it would take at least a week before she would be able to move her arm normally again. Yeah, she did not want to go to school today, or ever at this rate.

Oh well, like hell she was going to stay in bed like some weakling. Fighting is what she did for a living, it was expected that she was going to feel pain. She kicked the covers to the floor and got out of bed. She winced, and flopped back down on the mattress. Obviously, she had underestimated the amount of pain.

"Damn!!" Kagome hissed as she waited for the numbness to take control. Five minutes later she....slowly....rose from the bed and walked to her dresser. Her hair was now black. No streaks, just plain, beautiful black. She was a half-vamp again, but a lot of good that did her now. She quickly brushed her hair and pulled it into a ponytail before opening the bedroom door and walking into the living room.

She expected to see Miroku sitting in the kitchen eating cereal, or leftover pizza. She did not expect to see Inuyasha sitting on her couch flipping through the channels on her TV. Oh no, she was not about to let her boyfriends pull the sympathy act on her. She was getting out of this apartment, no matter what anyone said. She turned around and went to go take a shower.

"Come here!!" Inuyasha said, eyes not moving from the screen. Kagome flinched and slowly faced the half demon. He looked at her and signaled her to come closer with his hand. She walked over, trying her best to keep the limp out of her right leg which was still in pain from her three story drop.

Inuyasha gently grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his lap. He rubbed her neck, back, and sore arm, relieving much of the tension that had built up in the last few minutes. Kagome sighed and leaned against his chest.

"How you feeling?" he asked. She shrugged.

"I'm okay."

"Well that's good." Inuyasha said, turning his gaze back to the television. Kagome heaved a sigh. "But that doesn't change the fact that you're grounded until you fully recover." She looked up at him in shock.

"What!! You can't ground me!!" she exclaimed. Miroku came in from the kitchen, sat down in the arm chair and grinned.

"Oh yes he can. I may be your guardian, but you never listen to me. So therefore, I am giving Inuyasha the right to ground you, mainly because he's the only one who can keep you in line." Kagome glared at her brother and then at the smirking hanyou, who still had her around the waist. She was stuck.

"Uh-uh! No way! I am not going to waste my life sitting in this stupid apartment." she said. Inuyasha chuckled.

"Oh yes, you are. At least until you can move without wincing every other step." he said. He then stood up, handed her the remote and walked towards the door with backpack in hand. Miroku smiled and ruffled her hair as he followed. Miroku grabbed his jacket, and then he grabbed the keys to Kagome's silver truck.

"Sorry, kid. But we can't have you sneaking out, can we." Miroku said. Kagome sighed and slumped down into the seat.

"Bye, Kagome. I'll see you after practice. Promise me you're gonna take it easy." Inuyasha called.

"Yeah, yeah." she muttered. The door closed, leaving the poor girl alone, bored, and without access to her car. Miroku was going to be so dead when she could throw a punch. "Oh well, I didn't want to go anyway." she said and started to watch morning cartoons.


Someone knocked on the apartment door. Kagome jerked awake from her nap and looked at the clock. It was ten in the morning.

"Door's open!!" she yelled, too tired to even budge from her comfortable couch. Kouga walked into the room, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his brown leather jacket. He gave her a sad smile.

"Hey, Kagome. I heard about last night, how you doing?" he asked softly, as if not to disturb anyone.

"Oh I'm all right. A little banged up, but okay. Kouga it's ten o'clock. Why aren't you at the school?" she asked puzzled. Kouga frowned and sat down next to her.

"Kagome, I need to talk to you." She nodded.

"I'm listening." Kouga sighed.

"Kagome....you need to leave. You need to get out of New York, at least for a couple of weeks." he said as if it almost pained him.

"Leave? Why?"

"Naraku knows your still alive. This is starting to get out of hand, if you stay here you'll endanger the ones you care about. He knows Kagome, he knows all about Miroku, Inuyasha, and Sango. You can't protect them if you stay here." Kouga pleaded.

"I don't know Kouga. I mean, I've always been in deep with Naraku and he never tried to hurt Miroku, why would he strike now?" Kagome asked warily. Kouga sighed.

"I didn't want to do this, but I was at the school today. I saw your friends, they were talking." He took out a small tape recorder from his pocket and set it on the table. "Kagome, they don't you around." Kagome raised an eyebrow, took the small recorder in her hand and pushed the play button.

At first there was nothing and then sure enough, familiar voices could be heard among the slamming of lockers and other student chatter. The first voice was Sango.

"So, is Kagome dead, yet?"

"No....she survived, dammit." came another. Miroku.

"No way, I thought for sure that Naraku would kill her by now," Sango whined.

"I agree," said a deeper voice. "I was hoping we could have been rid of that wench by now." Inuyasha. Kagome gasped, feeling a great amount of hurt in her heart.

"Why don't kill her ourselves?" Sango asked.

"We can't. I've tried," Miroku said. "I've tried for the past seven years, it's impossible. We just have to hope that Naraku will get her the next time."

"Well, I can't wait until that day comes," Inuyasha declared. "I swear I'm sick and tired of pretending to like that stupid bitch. Sooner this is over, sooner I can get together with Kikyo." Another locker slammed and the tape stopped. Kagome blinked and stared at the ground, lost in thought.

"I'm really sorry, Kag. I had no idea, I mean, your own brother....I don't know. I'm....I'm really sorry." Kouga said.

"S'okay, Kouga, don't worry about it. I'm not surprised, I actually expected such a reaction. I mean, after all, I am a disgusting half-vamp." she said. "Hey, do you mind if I keep this?" Kouga placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed.

"Sure, maybe it will do you some good to be on your own again, you know."

"Yeah, I'll see you around I guess." Kouga nodded and headed towards the door.

"Be safe." He said.

"Always," she whispered. He smiled sympathetically and walked out. Kagome narrowed her eyes at the tape recorder which was back on the table.

"All right, Naraku, I'll bite. What are you up to?" she asked aloud. She knew Inuyasha's voice and she definitely knew Miroku's. That wasn't them on the tape, and it was poor copy none the less. Anyone could tell that it was fake. The question was why? Naraku wanted her gone, that much was clear, but why? Wouldn't it be easier to keep her here and use her friends? Why did he want her alone?

She didn't have an answer, she wanted one. The only to do that was to let Naraku take control of the game, at least for a while. She would go, she would act like she believed the tape, she would let him think he was winning. And when his guard was down, she'd kill him without hesitation. Besides, it was better if she kept Inuyasha away from the danger.

She quickly ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. All the pain she was feeling before had vanished under her new adrenaline. She dressed in camouflage cargo pants and a black tank top. She grabbed her small duffle bag and packed a few pairs of clothes and a couple other things. She threw the tape recorder in the wastebasket and pulled on her denim jacket. Finally she ran into the kitchen, reached into the junk drawer and pulled out the spare key to her truck. Like she was ever going to let Miroku have authority over her.

She turned out the lights, put on her sunglasses and walked out of the apartment building. She threw her bag into the passenger seat and climbed in. She started the engine and looked at the building for a few seconds.

"Sorry about this Inuyasha. I love you. And if you ever date Kikyo I'll throttle you for your stupidity.," she said softly and pulled out of the parking lot.

(A/N: See, still Inu/Kag. Never Inu/Kik, I would rather gouge out my eyes.009)