InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Our Life ❯ Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome was sitting in a tree in her own world until she felt the tree limb wiggle but she already knew whom it was. Inuyasha picked her up and started jumping from tree to tree as he enjoyed her laughter “inu were we going today” she asked as she laid her head on his chest.
 
“My place duh” she laughed again he was her best friend `he is my only friend but still my best' she said to herself with a smile.
When they got there Kagome jumped down and ran inside to see Izayoi.
“Kagome you have gotten so big how old are you now” “I'm seven” she said with a big smile “well kids i'm going to the market to get some things be good and safe” they both nodded and jumped on the roof.
“Inu I have a bad feeling and I've had it for a while” she looked up at him as he looked at the sky “me to” she signed and laid her head on his shoulder.
 
“Are you going to leave me” she didn't no where the question came from but he felt to far away even if he was right next to her “I don't want to but if it will keep you safe than I wont have no choice” she just sat there trying to figure out why she wasn't safe and stared at him “if you would mark me where would it be at” “um the left side of your neck why” she was blushing but she answered anyway “I don't want to forget you if you ever left me” he turned and looked in her eyes “you want to be my mate?”
“nobody will care about me the way you do” he shook his head and grinned “were to young and a mate can't leave their mate they both would die”
“I know you wouldn't be able to leave me than” he held her hands as he spoke
“if I ever have to leave I promise I'll come back” she nodded her head even though she didn't believe him.
 
“What do it mean to be in love” Inuyasha was shocked by the question and looked at her for a second before he answered “I guess it means when you care about a person more than life its self and when that person leave, you lose the will to live unless you have a reason like a kid or something”
“how you know” “my mom told me because when I find that person that means I found my mate.” She was quiet for a minuet and he wondered what she was thinking “inu do you love me” his eyes went wide and so did his mouth “I um..well um why you ask” she pulled her legs to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs while her chin rested on top of her knees. She didn't say anything and he didn't think she was going to that's when he smelled her tears even if he didn't see them yet.
He reached out to touch her but she moved “Kagome what's wrong” that's when the tears start falling.
“I know I'm to young but I think I love you and knowing you might leave me hurts so bad” he pulled in a hug and kissed her forehead. “come on lets fight” she looked at him as he ginned she smiled and nodded.
They jumped down and stood across from each other she ran at him with her two blades he dodged her as she swiped at him over and over he smirked when he kicked her leg and as she was falling he punched her in the stomach she flew backwards. But she caught herself and hit a back flip and charged at him he was about to swing but she flipped over his head grabbed his arm and held her blade to his neck “you got to hit me harder than that” he smirked as he grabbed the arm that was holding his and he flipped her over his head she fell hard on her back and he pressed his foot against her neck as she glared at him. He started laughing and held his hand out to help her up.
“Your getting faster that's good you know”
“yea IV been working hard on it” he grinned and started running as he yelled behind him “race you to your place.” She laughed as she ran after him he won of course he laughed as she caught her breath “I don't find anything funny dog” that only made him laugh harder “you're half panther don't you suppose to be faster then this dog?” she growled and tackled him to the ground they rolled around a little until he had her pinned to the ground she glared up at him expecting him to laugh but instead he looked down with this sad sort of face that she didn't want to know the reason behind.
“I'm nine and you're seven, you think I'm your mate and I'm scared if you're right” he let out a bitter sounding laugh but what he did next shocked her.
He lent down and licked the left side of her neck her eyes was wide but she closed them tight and bit the inside of her cheek when she felt his fangs go into her skin . but as soon as they entered he pulled back and he licked the blood that dripped down.
 
When he was done he sat up but she laid there her eyes wide as she put her hand over the bite mark. “you bit me” she said when she finally came out of shock
“yea so” she just sat there and looked at him her eyes so bright “so that means I'm your mate now” she looked at him with a huge smile but it fell as soon as he put that damn smirk on his face “no its just going to be a scare until or if I mark you.”
“your mean” she said as she sat there and pouted “you said you wanted something to remember” and then he laughed which just made her madder, “you have to bite me” she looked at him like he was crazy until she figured out he was for real “where at” he shrugged “that's your choice were ever you would if we were going to be mates.
She looked confused “just go with your instincts” she looked at him then she put her hand on his left arm and ran her fingers all the way up to his collar bone and she felt a shock go through her whole body. He must have felt it to because he looked at her she licked it just like he did to her he grabbed her waist when she pushed her fangs into his skin she slowly took them out and licked the blood that dripped down.
 
He let go of her as he put his hand over the mark, this time she smirked “did I hurt you” he looked her an chuckled “as if you could” they got to there feet and he walked her to the front of her home “and don't worry if you get smart when you get older and want to mate someone else the scar will go away” he turned to head back home but she grabbed his arm and turned him so that he was facing her she looked into his eyes and smiled “don't worry I won't I promise ” he smiled a sad smile “don't make promises you cant keep” and with that he was gone she shook her head and went inside to get some much needed rest.