InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ p i dg in ❯ Page 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tiarella_cordifolia

TiarellaCordifolia

[p i dg in]

peace. death. grave.

_________________________________________________________

PG-13 "Inuyasha" Romance (A/U) Nar/Kag

Disclaimer: Characters from Inuyasha do not belong to me. I hold no claim whatsoever to them. Therefore, do not sue moi.

Definition(s):

1. Pidgin- (n) a simplified speech used for communication between people with different languages; [Synonyms: Flawed, Broken]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Kagome! Kagome Higurashi!"

A sleeping beauty lay tangled in her bed sheets. Dark raven locks tumbled over as the morning rays caught her slowly awakening form, still drifting in and out of reality. Abruptly, she turned, head first in her pillow, willing the rough sounds out of her dreamy mind.

"Kagome! Get up right this instant! Today's the first day of high school! You can't afford to be late! Think of all the hard work and your friends put in just to get in toge…" but Kagome Higurashi was no longer listening to her grandfather's lecture. She was running about, getting dressed while brushing her teeth at the same time.

Outside the young maiden's door, unbeknownst to anyone, stood a young boy. Standing towards the side, staring into his watch, he waited almost impatiently for his sister to come out. "3…2…-" A whirl of wind shook the boy from his reverie. Running down the stairs now was an average girl, running late for school on an average day. That is, if anyone considered Kagome an average girl at all. Shaking his head, Souta Higurashi descended the stairs lightly after his sibling.

Dressed in a black miniskirt with a white sweater pulled over a white tank-top, Kagome hastily placed unidentified food in her mouth. Grabbing her book bag by the stool, she gulped down a glass of milk and ran to bid good-bye to her mother. After a quick kiss on the cheek, Kagome ran past the shrine doors and waved towards a crouching figure sweeping by the front steps.

"Bye Grandpa!"

Rushing out now into the streets, Kagome slowed her pace. Technically, she wasn't really late at all. Since the first days of her academic years, Kagome had always made it a habit to be a slight bit earlier than usual, just to catch up with the mysterious boy who lived down the street. He was the only other teenager in this part of the neighborhood besides Souta and Kagome herself. Kagome rarely approached the figure before her now, dressed all gothic and hair dyed and cut sort of like the anime character Hatsuharu in Fruits Basket. During her younger years, Kagome had made the mistake of trying to befriend Naraku, the boy who rarely talked. She can still feel his glaring gaze on her after all these years after she attempted to talk to him. Unwillingly, a slow shudder went up her spine. Naraku was three years older than she was, which would make him a senior. Though the two were never in the same schools and never talked anymore since Kagome gave up her one-sided conversations with him, Mrs. Higurashi had always made it a point to make sure Kagome was somewhere near him. For what reason, Kagome will never know. That boy was just simply a loner. Even with all of Kagome's best social skills, he never even willingly glanced in her direction. Sighing, Kagome rolled her eyes and decided to once again attempt to befriend him. Despite all the coldness around him and his silent threats, he had never once made a move to harm her or avoid her whenever she followed him on her way to school. They would always walk side by side, in silence, until they parted their separate ways to their separate schools.

Running to catch up with him, Kagome heaved her backpack on her right shoulder and yelled out a greeting. Naraku slowly slowed his pace, no one would've noticed `cept Kagome, who had always walked with him since she was five.

"Hey!" Kagome chirped as she reached his side. Naraku nodded, and once again resumed his previous pace.

"Nani? Come back here!"

"I thought you gave up talking to me a while back."

Kagome stopped dead in her tracks. Did he just, er, how to put it, answer her?! Grinning widely, she skipped back up to his side.

"Well, I decided I'll give you another shot. Seems like it worked!"

"Humph."

Kagome frowned. `Oh wells, at least he *responds*. Smiling, she attempted at conversation.

"So Naraku-san! How are you? Today will be my first day of high school! I'm so excited! All my friends and Inu-, I mean all my friends will be there! Together! Isn't that great Naraku-san?" Kagome questioned, silently hoping he won't notice her slip-up, even though she was pretty sure he won't answer anyways. It will have to be short of a miracle if he responded more than two times in a day.

Naraku narrowed his eyes as he heard her slight hesitation and correction. He turned his head around as his eyes slowly registered the fact she was staring straight ahead. Nodding, he turned back. Reading from her posture and appearance, he determined that the young girl besides him had already predicted that he wouldn't respond. He grinned suddenly. Why not give her a little more surprise? After all, he was in a happy mood today. `Why not see how she responds….?'

"I see. So, which high school are you attending?" He turned his head to observe her reaction. This would be perhaps the first time he ever asked her a question or even continued a conversation. And indeed, all this registered in Kagome's mind as she nearly tripped over her own feet. Naraku grinned. `Quick reflexes, flexible mind' he noted approvingly.

"Er…." Kagome had not expected him to respond. And all that she could think of right now was just that. He talked. He actually ~talked~!! "um, which high school? Oh yes, er Shikon High, one of the most recognized high schools."

Naraku stiffened.

"Nani? Daijobu desu ka? Naraku-san?"

"eh? Oh, I'm fine Kagome. Did you just say Shikon High?"

Kagome blushed. He called her Kagome! Smiling lazily, she nodded. "Hai."

"Ah, so I see. You shall be going to school with me from now on then." He smiled towards her, and if possible, Kagome blushed even more so.

`Ah! Sugoi! He looks so dreamy!' Catching on to her brain, she berated herself mentally for acting like a lovesick teenager. "Honto? That would be wonderful! Naraku-san should really talk more, especially smile more. Makes you less scary and unapproachable." Kagome smiled sincerely.

Naraku chuckled. When was the last time he had been so, relaxed? Perhaps this young girl is more than just an annoying stalker trying to get to him. What would people do when they see him walking to school with a young girl by his side, enjoying it no less? He chuckled some more, imagining the shocked faces of all the students at Shikon High. He looked at the dark-haired beauty besides him and for once, loosened his hold on paranoia.

"Indeed. This shall be an interesting year for the both of us, and all of Shikon High."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I did a complete overview, and there should be no flaws this time. I'm contemplating the ending though. Wondering if I should make this into a tragedy. Oh wells please REVIEW! Love to hear from you all.

Oh and I will be writing a lot more to (pidgin). I will probably post a chapter every week. From my draft, it will be pretty long though before it is finished. Considering this is only the beginning and it's already 4 pages. Thank you for your time and patience!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Click the button!