InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ p i dg in ❯ Page 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tiarella_cordifolia

TiarellaCordifolia

[p i dg in]

peace. death. grave.

_________________________________________________________

PG-13 "Inuyasha" Romance (A/U) Nar/Kag

Disclaimer: Characters from Inuyasha do not belong to me. I hold no claim whatsoever to them. Therefore, do not sue moi.

Definition(s):

1. Pidgin- (n) a simplified speech used for communication between people with different languages; [Synonyms: Flawed, Broken]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Ah! Inuyasha! Come back here!"

In front of a tall structure, a young woman ran after a young man dressed in a red hoodie. Walking behind was another person, trying his hardest not to laugh, because for once, Sango was chasing Inuyasha, not him.

"Come back here with my hoodie! Inuyasha! It's freezing cold here wearing a tube top! Miroku, help me!"

"Well, that's not my problem. Why would you wear a tube top anyways to school if you were going to wear a hoodie over it? Trying to impress a guy I should know about Sango dear?" The guy in back of her questioned, and though Miroku Houshi seemed every bit relaxed and carefree, the look on his face when he questioned Sango clearly depicted his anticipation for an answer.

Sango faltered in step, but almost immediately resumed her chase. "Of course not! And don't call me dear Houshi! Come back here you dog!" Inuyasha turned and simply stuck his tongue out.

Suddenly, Sango gasped out loud. Inuyasha, a second too late, collided into someone. And not just any someone. Discreetly, a slight blush started to crawl its way up towards Sango' s cheeks. "Konnichiwa Sesshoumaru-san" she greeted.

"Nani?!" Flustered, Inuyasha hastily glanced up to face his ever so calm elder half-brother. "What are you doing here?!"

Sesshoumaru barely blinked as he glared at his younger family member. "Don't tell me that your pathetic little mind has not yet come to perceive the fact that I have actually attended this high school for the past three years Inuyasha."

Pissed, Inuyasha turned a nice shade of red, slightly lighter than what he was wearing. Just when he was about to retaliate, Sesshoumaru visibly stiffened. And Sesshoumaru *rarely* ever showed his discomfort. Inuyasha in turn tensed as well, as not only all four members turned in the direction Sesshoumaru was gazing at, it seemed as if the whole school had been silenced to bear witness of something miraculous.

For all the freshmen there, walking in through the front gates of Shikon High, was Kagome Higurashi. And not alone. Standing besides her was a Goth, and a handsome *senior* at that. But for all those who have been in Shikon High for more than a year, disbelief was written in all their faces. Some even seemed to be on the edge of fainting. Naraku Shinzui was the senior Goth who rarely ever allowed the presence of others near him. And here he was, talking amiably with a young freshman!

As if sensing some rather negative energy, the two lifted their gaze from each other and gazed right back at the pondering students. While Naraku seemed to perfectly understand the dilemma, Kagome stood by him with silent questioning as to why everyone seemed to be looking at her.

Sesshoumaru was the first to break the trance. He walked briskly towards the couple, determination and confidence in every step. He was the only other senior, seemingly unapproachable by everyone else in Shikon High. When he stopped in front of Kagome, seemingly to converse with her, this only added more shock to the student body. Just as the whole population seemed to gasp as he reached for Kagome, he turned and sent an icy glare towards everyone, silently commanding each and every one of them to resume their activities. And as if spoken out loud, that was exactly what happened.

"Nani?" Kagome blinked. "What was that all about?"

Neither senior responded, instead they entered a silent staring contest while Kagome stood there in confusion.

"Kagome-chan!" yelled out Sango as she raced towards her friend. Kagome turned just in time to receive the bone-crushing hug from her. "Oh my gosh Kagome! How in the world did you do that? Everyone was just -staring- at you!"

"Yeah! And who's the baka next to you? Did he hurt you? If he did, I'll teach him just a few thi-"

"Inuyasha, calm down. I'm sure Kagome-sama has a perfect reason for everything, no?" Miroku inquired.

Kagome smiled winningly at Miroku. Ever since they've met in junior high, they've been the best of friends. Perhaps even filling in Inuyasha's place after Inuyasha became more and more distant to her. Miroku was her confidant. And she was his. They had so much in common, how the person they love seem to love another. How they were both pretty much expected to continue their family's traditions to religion. They were closer than siblings or best friends, but were never involved romantically speaking. They were perhaps even closer than that, but neither were interested in the other, which they suppose, was for the best.

"Thank you Miroku-kun. You always seem to know me best" She replied cheerfully, failing to see the suspicious looks from their audience. "Anyhow, Inuyasha, Naraku's not an idiot. Be nice to him and apologize."

"What? Why the hell do I have to apologize to him for? I didn't do anything!" the hothead responded.

"Inuyasha…"

"Oh, alright. Just cause you're my best friend doesn't mean you get to boss me around like that okay? But I'll listen just this once, just don't come crying to me when he hurts you."

"Indeed Kagome. However much I dislike agreeing with my half-brother, I would like to inform you to be careful around Naraku. I have known him for quite a long time, and he is more than he may seem to be around you." Sesshoumaru stated, much to the surprise of others aside from Kagome.

"No worries! I knew Naraku-san since we were toddlers! We live on the same block and always went to school together! He's really nice once you get to know him Sesshoumaru. I'm sure he just has his own stories to keep, just like you!" Again, more surprise went around the group. Since when did Sesshoumaru start, er, caring about Kagome enough to tell his `stories'? But that it was. He was the elder brother Kagome never had. He helped console her whenever Inuyasha hurt her more than she let out. He helped bringing her back to her feet when her love life seems to drag her down. And in turn, Kagome helped him just as much as he helped her.

Naraku grinned, noticing Kagome's control over people. Indeed, Kagome had her way of drawing people around her, placing their trust in her. And he noticed she's rather a great confidant. `Perhaps, she truly is more than what she seems.'

Sesshoumaru nodded. Inuyasha just stared unbelievably, he could not comprehend that Sesshoumaru actually looked after his best friend and that her best friend had gained everyone's approval. Well, aside from Sango, who was also left in the dark. Though perhaps the best female friend Kagome had, Sango just didn't really *understand* Kagome. And it was hard for Kagome to burden her when it did not seem to be her place to do so.

Bonds were something that usually form during times of grief and sorrow. Both must be undergoing through pain together, helping each other up. The stronger the sorrow, the stronger the bond usually. And the stronger the trust.

It was something the Naraku truly wanted to understand first hand. Something that Naraku ached for and needed after all these years of suffering alone.

Something that only Kagome can give him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AN: I am currently depressed and stressed out from high school. If you loved me, or loved this fanfic thus far, please review. It will enlighten my mood and fuel my determination to write and update faster. ^_~ I'm only posting this for Girl-who-sings-the-blues, or Anime girl Carrie, dude(), and rured. They were the ones who actually reviewed and encouraged me. Thank you so much and this chapter is for you! If you people who read this but didn't review, click the freaken button, it's not hard damnit. Just click it, write anything, then click send. It will motivate me to update faster. I want at least, at least 50 something reviews before I update. THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO ACTUALLY REVIEW! You all have a special place deep down in my heart. =)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Click the button!