InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain ❯ chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

It had been a few hours, and Sesshomaru was still sitting on the ground in the emergency waiting room. Glancing from picture to picture, he searched for the answer he has been longing for.
There was something there, something that he had been missing. Knowing that he would not get any further with the pictures, he decided to try looking through her letters. There were more than a normal teen should have. Nowadays, most teens would use the internet instead of actually writing. Scanning through the letters he soon realized that they were all from different people. Looking at the stamp on the envelope, Sesshomaru reads the date; January, 23, 2002. The last letter was sent almost two years before hand. Opening the letter he read its content.

Dear Kagome,
I don't know who you are or why i know your address, but i know that something bad is going to happen. There will be a great disaster in your life in the near future and you will not know how to handle it. If you don't learn how to control yourself all of the people around you will parish. I say this to you as a warning, please do what is needed.
I am sure that you are reading this and are not sure what i am talking about or how i know the things that i do. All i can tell you is that they came to me. It didn't come to me on a dream, or even in something in the mail. It hit me before school while i was taking a shower. I saw it all happen. When the vision finished a large amount of time had passed; school was already over. However my skin did not prune.
I'm sure that this wasn't something that i imagined.
Take my words to heart.
Yaminaru

Sesshomaru sat there, not surprised. He expected this. Her miko powers had reached out and warned people of what was to come. If something happened to kagome it would affect all. If she were extremely sad, her negative energy would drain the citizens of their energy, or take their happiness from them. It would cause a mass depression that can engulf the entire city. Not very many people knew of this however. There hasn't been somebody this powerful for 500 years. As a matter of fact, he was there when she was born. Her name was Midoriku. She was the daughter of the northern land's king. Being that the baby was considered a treasure throughout the land, the king had a ball the night of the baby's birth. Hundreds of noblemen and woman sat in the ballroom quietly waiting for the first cries of the baby. Everybody within 50 miles of the pregnant queen would have dreamed of baby's power. It was a mass warning of the world changing events to come. It ended up that she saved thousands and was thought of as invisible. Her death fit her, for she died bring her son into the world.
"She was amongst the first of the humans that gained my respect." Sesshomaru stated quietly under his breathe.
Although he said it under a whisper, Inu Yasha heard it. Leaning forward he looked at the letter that Sesshomaru held limply in his hand. Giving up and trying to read it he closed his eyes and sighed. "Who were you talking about?"
Putting the letter down and reaching for the diary Sesshomaru replied. "Midoriku"
Knowing better, Inu Yasha decided not to ask questions. He knew the story of Midoriku. Inu Taisho, his father, had told him the story many times, but always left a part out that he told to him when he knew no one could hear; the part where Sesshomaru considered Midoriku as a sister. He would never admit to it, but he loved her more than anything, and in the end he couldn't protect her.

Three days later...

Inu Yasha walked threw the large door and headed straight for the window. Throwing open the curtain the sun lit up the room, brightening the beautiful girl laying unconscious on the hospital bed. From there he walked to the small table resting at the side of the bed. Putting down the bag that he held he sat down and smiled. For three days before and after school, Inu Yasha had visited kagome at the hospital. Now that he knows that she had the jewel, He wouldn't leave her alone for too long. Her being unconscious and helpless would attract the wrong kind of people.
Smiling, Inu Yasha reached forward and moved the hair from her face. Normally he wouldn't be this careful with anybody, but for some reason this girl drew him toward her. She had been threw so much. He couldn't figure out how somebody so fragile could live after what she had to face.
Suddenly, a strong force started to form around kagome. Any normal person wouldn't feel it but being half-demon, he was well aware. It lasted for just a few minutes, then disappeared. Inu Yasha sat there, slightly confused to what just happened. Being that she was a powerful priestess with the jewel inside of her, strange flows of energy didn't concern him too much. He continued to stare at the girl.
Everything had happened much faster than Inu Yasha would have liked. In one day he met a girl, had her over for dinner, became her guardian, felt her pain, caught her being raped by her father, and carried her to the hospital. He had tried to go to school, but found his thoughts on this girl. He repeated the letter over and over in his head. He couldn't figure out how she could have handled that and not turned out worse. He didn't know why, but he had to protect her. Nothing so small and fragile could possible handle all of that on her own.
Yawning, he stood and left the room in search of a bathroom, unaware of the dark figure that slowly crept into her room and up to her bed.