InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

They just starred.

Kagome couldn't figure out how she got in the hospital or why Inu Yasha was there. The last thing she remembered was the red eyes that jumped out at her. After that she sat in a dark room enjoying the peacefulness of nothing when something came to her. It was some warm light that surrounded her and begged her to join it. Not wanting to leave its warmth she followed it. Next thing she knew she was here; starring into gorgeous golden eyes.

Inu Yasha couldn't move. He was about six inches from her face, trying to pull away. Her eyes were full of sorrow and pain. The depth of her ripped soul pulled him closer, as if trying to suck him in. This girl longed to bring suffering onto those who dare to get too close.

They just stared; knowing the thoughts of the other. Inu Yasha wanted to help and kagome wanted him to loath her; after all she deserved it…right?
Finding his breath, that he was holding, he managed to wet his throat enough to talk. He opened his mouth to talk.
“Inu Yasha, come with us” the half-bread turned around to see three guys in suite and multiple other ones with strange clothing on. “Come Inu Yasha, Sesshomaru wants to see you”
He turned back to kagome who looked from guy to guy in fear. Bending down he touched her chin with his hand and moved her to look at him. He smiled at her. “Don't worry, they are just going to take the doctor on the floor over there” he pointed to the doctor-laying unconscious. “And take you to Sesshomaru's house” he turns to the three guys in suites. “RIGHT?”
The three guys just nodded. They didn't know she was awake, but knew better than to argue.
The half-breed, followed them out of the room.

Inu Yasha arrived home about two hours later. One of the three men took the brown liquid out of the syringe then pulled the needle out harshly. His hand now throbbed.
Parking his car, he leaped out of the door at break neck speed. Not caring that the wet lawn was dirtying his new Vans, he made his way to the front door. Nearly ripping the door off its handle, he ran into the house and stopped. Taking a moment to sniff the air, he caught that familiar scent; kagome.
Taking off up the stairs he stopped in front of the door where the scent led; the room across from his. Glancing from his door to hers he smiled evilly.
Taking in a deep breath, he quietly turned the silver handle and pushed. The door made nearly no sound. Looking around, he could see the basic set up of a room; a dresser against the wall in the left, a bed against the wall across from him, and a closet to his right. On the wall that the door was on, a TV stand with a mini entertainment center sat.
Inu Yasha frown. Besides that, the room was plain. There was no life to it. He had to change that! If he was planning on helping kagome recover, he needed to bring happiness and color to her life…SANGO! That's what he should do; call Sango. He was able to tell that kagome felt better about herself when Sango was around.
A small moan escaped the lips of the sleeping girl only feet from Inu Yasha.
Making his way to the bed, he did the best he could to breath. He feared that breathing to loudly would wake her up. Even though he did want her wake, he didn't know what do say or do. They only knew each other for a day when they were bound together. He no longer had a problem with it, but what would she say?
She was laying in her side with her hands under her cheek. Her dark hair flowed around her shoulder and down her back, some even hung in her face. The blanket was pulled up to right below her shoulders letting Inu Yasha know she didn't have a shirt on.
Taking a few couscous steps back, Inu Yasha pulled out his cell phone. Leaving the room he closed the door behind himself. Dialing a familiar number he let it ring a few times before the answering machine picked up.
“Hey this is Sango, leave something after the beep.”
BEEP
“Hey its Inu Yasha, I need you to call me at lunch. It is VERY important, ok! Bye!” He hung up his phone. There was nothing to do now but wait.

The bell rang causing all of the students to haul ass out of class for the greatest time of the day; Lunch Time! It was a long enough break to have some fun but not long enough to actually do anything. What a contradiction. Who cared anyway, they weren't in the classroom; things were fine; for mostly everyone.
Sango walked down the hallway to the cafeteria, where she would meet Miroku. As she walked by a group of girls she couldn't help but overhear the conversation.
“Did you hear that kagome girl woke up this morning.”
“Nu Uh! How'd you find out?”
“My mother works at the hospital. It seems that kagome's family is still missing. Gone, ZIP, without a trace. She's all alone now”
The girls snickered. “Serves her right. I mean she was such a looser.”
“Yeah I know, I mean, her family deserved death for being somebody like her into this world”
“I know!”
Sango stopped by the back of one of the three bitches. Her eyes were closed and teeth clenched. “I would stop talking it I were you.”
The girls turned around, facing Sango. They either crossed their arms or placed their hands on their hips. “Why would we listen to a looser like you.”
“Because this looser could kick you ass” Sango half growled.
“Pffsh, like you could, my daddy owns most of this city, and would put you in your-” she was cut off by a punch to the face.
Sango leaped on her and gave her two more punches. Standing up she looked around to see that the girl of the floor's friends had run off screaming. Sango laughed. “Where's your daddy now? Looks like you don't even have friends to help you out.” Sango turned around and started to walk away. She could hear the girl crying on the floor.
Grabbing her cell phone she looked to see if there were any missed calls. Inu Yasha wasn't at school today, meaning something did happen to kagome. He better have called her or so help him...
YES, MISSED CALL!!!
Dialing his number, she put it to her ear. It didn't even ring once before Inu Yasha picked it up.
“What took you so long, lunch started ten minutes ago?” Inu Yasha growled.
Sango sighed. “I had to deal with something”
“That doesn't matter now, kagome woke up”
“She did?” Sango interrupted excitedly. “How is she, does she remember what happened, what's going to happen to her, have they found her family”
“BREATH SANGO!”
“Sorry”
“Ok, since she is still week and her family is still missed she is staying with us.”
“Really” Sango smiled.
Inu Yasha could hear her smile. He glared. “Don't get any ideas”
“I'm not” she replied innocently.
“Anyway, I need you to come over and put a girl touch to her room. Also I need you to spend as much time with her as possible. You made her happy that one day. She needs that right now”
Sango laughed. “Don't worry, I just beat in some gi-” She was cut off by the intercom.
“Sango Toriko please come to the Principal's office. Sango Toriko please come to the Principal's office”
Inu Yasha laughed. “What happened?”
“Some girl was taking shit about kagome and her family so I beat her face in.” she said casually.
“Ok, just make sure you get your butt to my house as soon as humanly possible, got it?” he said sternly.
“Ok, I'll do my best”
They hung up.
Sango made her way to the office as Inu Yasha tried to think of the best way to explain all of this to his friends.