InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Doll ❯ Escaping Memories ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paper Doll

 

Part 5: Escaping Memories

 

It was a night of the full moon. Inuyasha was confused. He…changed. His senses were very weak as if he was fully human. He had long black hair instead of his usual white and his ears were normal. That he found very surprising. Right now he felt scared and very vulnerable. It was like he couldn't watch out for himself. Inuyasha slipped back into the covers and curled up into a ball. He was too afraid to get out there for some reason. At the back of his mind something was screaming at him for being weak. But he couldn't hear it. It was just non-existent.

 

The door to the room opened and Arashi stepped in. He looked around only to see a lump on the bed. He smiled evilly before walking over. Actually he came specifically to get Inuyasha to eat. He's no use when dead. He pulled the covers away only to see that Inuyasha changed because of the full moon. He had to admit, Inuyasha looked exquisite in both his forms.

 

He had noticed a few things. Inuyasha seemed a bit more disobedient so to speak. Though he did what he was able to do but there was still that fighting spirit, Arashi always adored, that was still there trying to break free. Well if the hanyou's will isn't strong enough it was going to work. Even one ounce of doubt would make it that much harder. He brushed the bangs slightly from Inuyasha's sleeping face. Then again if he wanted everything worked out he would have to have his 'doll' willingly stop thinking about the demon lord. Well wouldn't that be an easy task?

 

Considering the way of Inuyasha's thinking, he'd believe what ever he says, which proves useful at times, especially this time. Inuyasha stirred awake to see Arashi above him with a smile on his face. He sat up.

 

"Hello, Arashi-sama. Is there something you need?" he asked. His mind was going crazy for acting so weak and surrendering. But he kept wondering why was it so bad?

 

"No, my doll," Arashi said sitting beside him and embraced him, "Is there something that has been bothering you Inuyasha? I can tell you can't sleep at night."

 

"It's…I don't know Arashi-sama."

 

"Just ask me any question you like Inu. I will not get mad at you." Inuyasha hesitated a bit before asking.

 

"Why am I human right now?"

 

"Ha ha, Inu when the sun rises tomorrow you will turn back into yourself. Do not worry about that. Anything else?"

 

"Who…who was that man that took me away?" he asked a bit hesitantly.

 

"Do not trouble yourself with him. Just remember that to go away from him when he appears. Okay?"

 

"Yes, Arashi-sama." But not remembering hurts so much.

 

-----------------------------

 

Arashi glanced at the images imprinted in the water. His eyes scanned the feudal world's activities. His favorite was watching the emotionally tortured demon lord of the west. His head assassin was standing to the side. He knew exactly what was going on. She betrayed him just like that. Well love does make you do strange things. And others would gladly lose their lives to get it. But he pitied them. They wanted something they could never have.

 

"Isn't it beautiful Mika? The ice demon lord Sesshoumaru, suffering because of one little brother. I would have to say that I was going to kill you later but seeing as how I like the turn of events Mika I think I'll keep you alive. But understand," he said walking to her until he stood over her, "I will not tolerate betrayal again. Understand?" he asked sternly.

 

"Hai Arashi-sama," Mika said bowing her head while her mind was in turmoil.

 

"Good. Now remember should anything happen with my hanyou there will be dire consequences. Is that also understood?"

 

"Hai, Arashi-sama."

 

-----------------------------

 

Inuyasha was back to his original form. He was now currently keeping his hair straight and untangled. Though he knew that he wasn't used to it but his master told him it was to keep it from being fritz. But his hair was never fritz. Arashi said that it was make it easier to run fingers through it and it would be soft. Inuyasha brushed his hair with his fingers to find that they were not caught in tangles; they were soft and silk to feel. Suddenly his mind drifted to the longhaired demon again. He too had long white hair. It looked soft and silky, very touchable.

 

He shook his head in disbelief. He promised his master that he wouldn't betray him anymore by thinking of that demon. But his mind was just filled with it and the group of humans that he stayed with for a while. The more he thought of them flashes of images came at him. His hands clutched at his head as he shut his eyes tightly. He was trying so hard to remember and not remember. It was a battle of wills, kind of, and it was somehow tearing him apart.

 

Inuyasha faintly heard someone coming in. A hand was placed on his shoulder obviously in a form of comfort. He knocked the hand out and glared fiercely at the…whomever it was.

 

"Don't touch me!" he yelled out before scooting back a bit to get away. His mind was in turmoil. He couldn't tell anything from anything. Arashi just laughed a little.

 

"I see. My powers of the mind don't last long against hanyous. Which is pretty pathetic of me. I guess I just have to strengthen the wards placed in your mind. The memories suppressed are beginning to erupt from them." Arashi said reaching out a hand to Inuyasha.

 

Inuyasha just winced back to avoid the demon's hands. His mind was screaming at him to run, get the Tetsusaiga, and get out of there, if necessary, fight to get out. Listening to his instincts, he got up and ran as fast as he could, grabbing the Tetsusaiga on the way out. He whipped his head around to which corridor he should take. He committed this path to memory and took the right corridor. It was a short cut to the way out. The demon…Sesshoumaru, he remembered, took him down this path. He had to get out. The demon lord seemed to know him. He found it weird that he didn't want to remember but he's trying to.

 

The hanyou found it outside and just ran like there was no tomorrow. He made it past the gates. Surprisingly he wasn't met with resistance. So he kept running without stopping and went into the forest. He dodged around the tree roots and branches that hung to low for their own good. Not watching out for any other demon he bumped into someone and staggered a few feet back. It was none other than the demon lord, Sesshoumaru he was thinking about. His thoughts told him that he wasn't going to get hurt but the other side kept telling him to run. Better safe than sorry he took off running and he heard his name being called.

 

"Inuyasha!"

 

He heard the swifter winds, signaling that he was being followed. Most likely by Sesshoumaru. So he moved as fast as his legs would take him. Pausing for a moment he looked around, it was eerily quiet. Before he could move again he saw Sesshoumaru in front of him. He backed up until his back hit the tree. Right now he was frightened. But his mind was telling him to strike out and strike out he did. His attempt was thwarted as his fist was caught and brought behind his back. It made the other's body closer.

 

Inuyasha's thoughts were running a mile a minute. He could feel his heart beating so fast that it was like a drum being hit on. This feeling…felt so familiar. Without knowing it he unconsciously placed his hand on the other demon's cheek, tilted his head a little and brought their lips together. Maybe he might remember.

 

Inuyasha felt his arm being released, as he was able to wrap it around Sesshoumaru's neck. His back was against the tree with the other's body pressed up against his. He wondered why he was doing this but then completely lost that train of contemplation as pleasurable thoughts invaded him.

 

But it didn't last as Sesshoumaru other pulled away. Inuyasha stared in confusion. Sesshoumaru just gave him a cold glare that always stuck to his face. Inuyasha just lowered his head looking to the ground.

 

"Let's get going. I will not have much more of this foolishness," Sesshoumaru said turning away and began to walk in a direction. Inuyasha obediently followed. He had nowhere else to go as his memories are being pieced together one by one. Sesshoumaru glanced behind him. He got his wish. His brother had completely forgotten their 'relationship' if that's the term and he could live in peace, alone. Inuyasha thought of him as nothing more than relief, that's all it was. Besides he was using his brother for the same thing. There was just a mutual understanding.

 

There was no 'love' and there will never be one. Whatever those two demons wanted to say they couldn't change the fact that none of it could ever happen. Besides his brother's eyes were always directed to the miko and that was all. When he returned Inuyasha with the human hunting group he would never hear from him again. He'd make sure of it.

 

TBC----------------------

 

Kinshin: Sorry for the late update! I hope this is good enough! Thanks for your reviews and visits!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!