InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Doll ❯ Thoughts ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paper Doll

Part 4:

Kagome watched Inuyasha as he slept. She wanted to know what happened. Inuyasha's behavior was off and the Tetsusaiga was gone. Inuyasha would never have it out from his side. The only thing she could think of was that he either lost his memory or Sesshoumaru did something. But how could Inuyasha loose his memory? The only person she could think of was Sesshoumaru besides it took Sesshoumaru less time to bring Inuyasha back. It was as if the demon wasn't really that hard to beat at all.

She was thinking maybe Sesshoumaru planned for the demon to attack. Then just started whatever because Sesshoumaru was sort of obsessed with the Tetsusaiga. She stopped her train of thinking. Sesshoumaru would never go that low he was always upfront and brief. Miroku and Sango came back and sat down. They were just seeing if there were any demons approaching them. None were around either that or were somehow very good hiders.

They looked at Inuyasha who was about to awaken. His eyelids fluttered open as the light of the fire hit them he immediately shut it. Then he slowly opened them again to look at where he was. The place wasn't familiar but the company was. He sat up slowly he had a feeling that they wouldn't hurt him but you can never be too careful. He studied each of them and thought he probably knew them from before. They were the ones who knocked him out so he didn't really trust them yet.

"Inuyasha," he heard the girl with the strange clothes say, "do you remember me?" Kagome finished.

"No, I'm sorry I don't," Inuyasha stated sincerely in case he was going to get hit or something.

"Do you know where the Tetsusaiga is?" she asked.

"My master took it. I don't know what he did with it."

"Who's your master?"

"It's-"

"I'm right here wretch." A cruel voice said from behind them standing about a few feet away. But it wasn't Sesshoumaru. They turned around to see the demon from before that tried to kill them but didn't finish the job. Kagome got her weapon ready, as did Miroku and Sango. Shippo just stayed behind protecting himself.

Arashi laughed at their pathetic attempts to stop him. If he was able to beat them before then why shouldn't he now?

"Foolish ningens, if you couldn't stop me then they how do you expect to stop me now?" Arashi said smirking. The others were taken back since that was true. They weren't able to defeat him before.

"If you cooperate I won't kill all of you but if you don't prepare to breathe your last breaths."

They all stood in front of him not backing down and wondering why they were being this foolish to protect Inuyasha when he could take care of himself but not in his current state. So they just had to deal with it until Inuyasha comes back to his senses. Arashi just shook his head in disappointment. He hoped that he didn't have to kill them but life's life. He turned to face them his eyes blaring red.

"I suggest you back out now, once I let go it'll be very hard for me stop."

Arashi felt something coming at him from behind. He moved out of the way as claws missed him by inches. He laughed as he saw Sesshoumaru right where he predicted he should come around.

"Well just as I suspected. I think I need to get rid of her after this is all over. So tell me, what would you get by rescuing the hanyou? From what I heard you hated him. Is there something you wish to tell the world?"

Sesshoumaru said nothing. His face was impassive proving nothing to the other demon's accusations of what he was implying. He did not care for his half-brother; he was just doing this so the hanyou won't bother him whenever about his friends being dead.

"Is that denial I see in your eyes?" Arashi said in amusement, "It doesn't matter how deep you bury your emotions, I'll still see them. Your mind is an open book to me. But I have no time to deal with this. Come Inuyasha, we have to get going." He reappeared next to Inuyasha extending his hand out for him to take. Inuyasha looked at it hesitantly. He wondered why he doubted himself; it was like this body was doing this unconsciously. But he took the offered hand and they disappeared.

---------------------------------------

Sesshoumaru paced. He was one of the strongest demon lords. There was no way that he would be beat by some other no name demon! He sat back down and sighed. Nothing was working. His mind couldn't think. The only thing that he could think of was that Inuyasha didn't want to do with him anymore. He wondered why would he care about that?

He blamed Inuyasha.

He blamed him for everything, his low actions, his uncertainty, and…his affection for his brother/lover. Now he was sure that his brother's wretch is going to pester him about getting him. So he had to go again. After one day of bringing his brother back and they already lost him. It was only guilt by association. After this he isn't doing anyone any more favors.

---------------------------------------

Inuyasha sat in the room thinking. His eyes gazed out the window hoping to actually walk out there but he didn't. What he was thinking about was the demon with the long silver platinum hair and the crescent moon on his forehead. He seemed familiar but he couldn't place where he saw the demon before. The humans also looked familiar to him. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't remember anything. Of course it was what he asked for, right?

He shook his head. Something was up but he couldn't think for himself since the ability seemed to disappear along with his memories. Thinking hurts too much. He lied down on the bed and closed his eyes. Hoping for some sleep and some time away from the other demon who took him away from this place.

Sleep didn't come easy for the hanyou. Of course he couldn't get his mind off those people. His mind was forcing him to remember but it hurt. Major headache was coming in. His master told him to not think of it anymore but it became impossible. The more he thought of the demon lord of the west the more it wouldn't leave his mind. But then again thinking of the demon lord made his heart wrench. That he didn't know why. Was that the main reason he wanted his memories erased? But how could he know if he didn't know the demon anymore? He figured it was just an unconscious feeling. Something that is there but is never really noticed.

He didn't try anymore. To his master it was probably pointless but to him…he was looking for more answers. But then his master would threaten him with returning painful memories because with some good ones then there are the bad ones, which were worst for him.

Inuyasha decided not to think of this anymore and drifted off to sleep with his mind still plagued of the demon lord of the west.

TBC-------------------------------

Kinshin: Sesshoumaru is the demon lord of the west right? Ah well I correct it later if it's wrong. I haven't seen Inuyasha in a while because I really don't like the show. But anyways that doesn't stop me from writing fics! I'm sorry that this was a lengthy update but I couldn't put any ideas down so I apologize. Thanks to you supportive reviewers and visitors!

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!