InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Part Of The Pack ❯ Hit a Soft Spot ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"So where did you live before you got here?" Sango asked as she got and dressed.

 

"With a small pack but I left." Kagome said as she got dressed.

 

"Why'd you leave?" Sango asked as they headed back.

 

"I don't want to talk about it if you don't mind." Kagome said her eyes shining with unshed tears.

 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry." Sango said looking at Kagome.

 

"It's ok…." Kagome said forcing a smile.

 

Sakura walked up and said looking at Kagome, "We got you a hut Kagome would you like to see it?"

 

Kagome looked at her with an empty smile and said, "Yeah let's go." Sango waved goodbye and started walking to her hut.

 

Inuyasha came up and asked, "What happened to Kagome?"

 

"I asked her about why she left her pack and I think I hit a soft spot." Sango said looking at Inuyasha with worry for her new friend.

 

"Ok Maybe I'll see if she'll tell me." Inuyasha said as he walked in the direction of her hut which was next to his.

 

When he got there his mom was coming out and she said, "Inuyasha where are you going?"

 

"I want to ask Kagome a question." Inuyasha asked looking at his mom.

 

"Be careful, whatever it is hurt her very much." She said as she left.

 

Inuyasha walked in and saw Kagome looking at her side where there were claw marks. "How did that happen?"

 

Kagome put her shirt down and turned to him. "I got in a fight." She said a little defensively.

 

Inuyasha saw the look of a pain in her eyes and said, "Tell me the truth. There's no way you got that in a fight."

 

"I don't care what you think! That's the truth I got in a damn fight!" Kagome yelled at him as he walked in front of her.

 

"Why are you lying?" He asked looking down at her.

 

"Because it's my problem." Kagome said looking down at her feet.

 

"I won't tell anyone. It won't leave this hut." Inuyasha said reaching out for her.

 

Kagome moved away from him and sat down. "He tried…"

 

Inuyasha sat down next to her not saying a word.

 

"He…he said I didn't deserve the choice because I was a half demon. I only got away because my older half bro saved me and told me to run away." Kagome choked out leaning her head on her knees that she brought up to her chest.

 

"So you don't know what happened?"

 

"I stayed and watched him kill my bro. after that I ran away." Kagome looked ahead of her. "After I stopped running, about a day later, I got so sick of myself because I ran away instead of fighting like I should of I….I tried to kill myself but as you can see it didn't work." Kagome said looking in the other direction not wanting to see the look he was giving her.

 

Inuyasha leaned back and asked, "What stopped you?"

 

"Me, I couldn't do it, I was too scared to."

 

"Good." Inuyasha said standing up and sitting in front of her.

 

"What?" Kagome said looking at him.

 

"Be afraid to die don't welcome it. It would have been the same as running away only you can't change your mind and go back." Inuyasha said locking her eyes with his.

 

"You talk like you no what I'm going threw."

 

"Kind of some one killed my sister and I couldn't save her so I tried to kill myself. My mom came up to me after I noticed her there a little while after I couldn't bring myself to slit my wrist, and she asked the same question and said the same thing as I did to you." Inuyasha said standing up and motioning for her to get up; when she did he pulled her into a hug. "If I ever catch you trying to kill yourself I'll never let you out of my sight got that?"

 

Kagome nodded as she hugged him back.

 

"Good." Inuyasha said resting his hands on her hips.

 

Kagome backed up quickly, putting her arms around her waist, and looked scared at him like he just tried to kill her.

 

Inuyasha walked closer to her looking her in the eye. "Let me see."

 

"No." Kagome choked out shaking her head.

 

"Kagome let me see." Inuyasha growled.

 

Kagome glared at him but lifted her shirt up so he could see.

 

Inuyasha's growl grew louder when he saw that there were claw marks on both of her hips. Now that he got a good look he noticed that the claw marks were in a cross, ones bringing her forward, and the others pulling her pants down.

 

Kagome heard him growl louder and put her shirt down. "Are you happy now?" She growled at him.

 

Inuyasha pushed her against the wall of the hut growling, and trapping her in-between his arms. "I'd never be happy to see that you got hurt and never assume again that I would!"

 

Kagome clenched her eye's shut nodding.

 

"Don't be scared of me." Inuyasha pleaded hugging her.

 

"Inuyasha come here would you." Inutaisho said from the door way.

 

Inuyasha reluctantly let go of Kagome and left.

 

"I take it you found out what happened to her." He said as he led his son down the street.

 

"Yeah." Inuyasha said looking at the ground like he wanted to kill something.

 

"Don't kill the ground it didn't do anything. Now why do you care so much?" Inutaisho asked.

 

"I don't know I kind of just snapped after she told me what happened, and I wanted to kill the guy who did it to her." Inuyasha said clenching his fist.

 

"I see."

 

"It didn't help when she acted like I tried to kill her when I touched the scars." Inuyasha said looking at his dad.

 

"I knew this would happen when your mother came in saying that you were going to find out what happened. Really I knew it would happen when you didn't come back with her unconscious." Inutaisho chuckled.

 

"What?"

 

"You like her, and I don't mean as a friend."

 

"I've known her for less then two hours."

 

"So? You know what talk to your mother about this." Inutaisho said pointing to his hut.

 

"So Inuyasha did you find out what happened to Kagome?" Sakura asked as her son came in.

 

"Yeah I did." Inuyasha said as he sat down next to her.

 

"By the sound of it you found out a little more then you thought or it really hit you where it hurt."

 

"Both…" Inuyasha said leaning back against the wall.

 

"I see. Care to share?"

 

I can't I said that I wouldn't tell anyone."

 

"Just as I thought, so you're going to take care of all of it?" Sakura asked.

 

"There's really nothing I can do at this point, besides show her I'm not going to do anything to her and protect her from the guy who did that to her." Inuyasha said looking at his mom.

 

"If you care enough to do this, on your own then, go ahead." Sakura said with a smile.

 

"Yeah ok."

 

~with Kagome~

 

Kagome was sitting against the wall of her new home when some one came in.

 

"Have you been having fun?" A cold voice asked.

 

Kagome's head snapped up only to find Kee. "Get away." Kagome said trying to be brave.

 

"But you and your brother didn't give me a chance to finish what I started." Kee said smiling.

 

"Don't do this. Not here." Kagome said as she stood up.

 

"I'll leave you alone when you leave this place, and possibly jump off a cliff you half breed." Kee said his words dripping with venom.

 

"Just leave me alone. Let me live my life." Kagome growled.

 

"Ok, ok I'll be reasonable. Leave here, never join a pack, never be in love, or I'll kill you and believe me you do not want me to kill you." Kee said walking out. "It'll hurt and take at least a day."

 

Kagome's legs gave out under her and she landed with a thud. She was so scared she couldn't move.

 

`I guess I was wrong when I thought of this place as my home…I'll never have one if I ever did.' Kagome thought.