InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Passion Flowers and the Moonlight Path ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Wakey, wakey,” a female voice purred, chuckling a little. Something tickled the top of his nose. The tip of her finger, he surmised groggily, jerking away from her. He opened his eyes to see a smiling face framed by sun-kissed hair. Her hair appeared to be messy, pulled up into a hasty knot, though he knew for a fact that she combed it often.

'Always intentional with her,' he smiled.

“Morning, Sunshine,” Torie stated, kissing him on the lips.

“Morning,” he yawned as he stretched, nearly knocking her off the bed in the process. “What's gotten you in a good mood?”

“You,” she replied back. “Why else would I be so happy, Inuyasha?” She had half-draped, half-curled herself across his chest, her head resting comfortably under his chin. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around him, his smile growing wider.

Life had become a little sweeter for the half-demon since he'd arrived in America and had been rescued by the blonde-haired woman. He had a place where he could sleep and not be chased out of, plenty of food to eat, and, most important to him, the love of a kind and caring, if not downright devious, woman. Granted, his past remained a mystery to him, but it no longer bothered him as much as it had when he first came to. If his memories returned, then they returned. He wasn't going to leave. That still didn't stop Torie from trying to help him remember, though. She did everything she could think of to jog his memory, from trying to fix a variety of Japanese foods to delving into his native country's history and folklore. He had to admit it flattered him that she cared so much to go back to something that had obviously hurt her so much. He could tell by the way her eyes would mist over for a moment before shaking it off and smiling once more.

“I love you,” he whispered, inhaling some.

“I love you, too,” she whispered back. Then she sat up, her eyes gleaming with mischief. “Time to tweak the ears!”

“No!” His eyes widened as he grabbed her wrists firmly yet gently. At one point it had become a daily routine for her to reach for his ears to either scratch them or tickle them. The routine had evolved into a game of him trying to keep her from his furry triangular lobes but, in the end, she always got them.

“Oh yes,” Torie cackled. She straddled his waist to pin him down while she reached up. “There is no escaping me!”

“But Torie!” he whined.

“Oh, you love it and you know it,” she smirked. She leaned forward then licked him from his jaw to his temple, one of her many methods of taking him by surprise. Inuyasha growled softly at her play but eased up on her wrists so she could play with his ears.
“Yeah, yeah,” he grumbled mockingly as he pulled her close to him.

'What I wouldn't give to stay like this forever,' he thought.

* * *

“I just don't get it!” Kagome wailed. “Where could he be?”
 
It had been six months since Inuyasha had disappeared, and they had not been able to locate the hanyou anywhere. They had kept a constant vigil at the well and Kagome had kept an eye out for him in her time, but to no avail. It was like he had never existed, except in their minds. They had even run into Kikyou and Sesshomaru over the last few months. Neither one had seen the hanyou anywhere.

'And if no one's seen him here and I haven't been able to find him in my time then that means only one thing's happened to him . . .'

Kagome felt her stomach churning as she thought of Inuyasha being captured by some scientists. Who knew what the hanyou was going through at that moment in time?

'But I have no way to prove it,' she thought sadly, wrapping her arms around her stomach. 'I have no way of finding him. Oh, Inuyasha . . . please be all right. Please.'
 
“Kagome? Are you all right?” Sango inquired, a hand resting on her shoulder.

“Yeah,” she sniffed. “Just thinking about Inuyasha and wondering where he's at. . .”

“I know,” the taijiya murmured. “We all are.”

“I keep hoping he'll show up at any moment, full of his blustering, and I kept but wonder what's keeping him away from us. I'm worried, Sango,” Kagome whispered. “We know he isn't anywhere in this era. Sesshomaru hasn't seen him, Kikyou hasn't seen him . . . Even Kouga hasn't seen him. I'm . . . I'm afraid something's happened to him in my era . . .”

“Like what, Kagome?”

“Like . . . like the government got a hold of him . . . If he got insured somehow and was taken to a hospital, they'd find out what that he was different and use him for experimentations . . . He's strong, Sango, a capable killing machine in the wrong hands! I can't bear the thought of being forced to do something like that, Sango. I can't! But it's the only reason why I can think of him not returning.”

Tears formed in her eyes as she spoke, spilling over and rolling down her cheeks. The thought had tormented her over the last few months, her imagination always running away from her and not allowing her a moment of peace.

'Please, Inuyasha, please . . . if you can, please . . . find your way back to us. Please.'