InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Passion Flowers and the Moonlight Path ❯ Chapter Eight: Enter the Turtles ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I can't believe you two! Have you any idea of how worried Kagome's been about him?!”

Ayumi's lithe frame seethed. In all of the years she had known them, she never thought they'd do anything like this. Eri and Yuka gave her cool stares. The two had finally confessed to her what they had done six months ago.

“We did what was necessary,” Eri stated, crossing her arms. “It was for Kagome's own good.”

“Exactly,” Yuka nodded. “She wasn't going to get rid of him so we got rid of him for her.”

Ayumi clenched her fists and closed her eyes. They just didn't get it. They didn't see what the worry had done to Kagome. She took a deep breath then let it out.

“And you've broken her heart,” she finally stated. “You've made it so she can barely eat, barely sleep . . . she's that worried.”

“She'll get over him,” Eri assured.

“Will she?” Ayumi shot back. “It's been six months! She doesn't look like she's getting over him! Did you ever stop to think that maybe she really, truly loves him?”

“But he doesn't love her,” Yuka snorted. “Remember all the times she's cried about him because he went running off after his first girlfriend?”

“Hai, I do. But that didn't give you the right to shove him in front of a bus!”

“Ayumi . . .”

“No!” she cried out, covering her ears. “I don't want to hear it! I don't want to hear anything you two have to say!”

Ayumi felt a hand rest on her shoulder and her eyes snapped open. Jerking away violently, she glared at her friends.

“Just stay away from me, you two,” she growled softly in her throat. “I don't. Ever. Want to see you or speak to you again. Not after what you've done to Kagome . . .”

Before they could say anything, Ayumi whirled around and stalked out of the room.

* * *

“So Ian Malcom was right and Torie Cronkhite never said a word about it. How very amusing,” a sinister voice laughed. “I think it's time I paid the good woman a visit. Bebop! Rocksteady!”

Heavy footsteps running towards the command center echoed throughout the entire Technodrome. The man who had called for the two henchmen shook his head. He wore a silver helmet and silver facemask along with a grey muscle shirt, grey kilt, tight black pants, and a purple cape. Within minutes, a man-like boar and a man-like rhino entered, coming to a halt before the man in the mask.

“Yeah, boss?”

“Get one of the diggers ready. We're going to the surface.”

* * *

His heart pounded loudly in his ears and his breathing came in long, heavy rents. Lips smashed against his, scattering any coherent thought that may have entered his mind. Waves of delight and passion coursed over him, making him deliriously happy. He knew that he had experienced a great many things throughout his life, but nothing compared to the feeling he had when he was with her.

When both felt spent enough to finally rest, Inuyasha turned on his side and wrapped his arms around his woman. His lips twitched as her fingers danced along his skin, occasionally flicking away a few stray silver strands but stopping only when they came into contact with his ears. Torie nuzzled his neck while her fingers started to massage the white, furry triangles atop his head.

“I love you,” she murmured, kissing him.

“I love you, too,” he breathed, his eyes closing. Within moments, he had slipped into a blissful, dreamless sleep, unaware of the new danger that approached.