InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Persistence ❯ And on with the Insanity ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I have no rights to any of this… I'm just writing under threat of torture from both my friends and Fluffy-sama who is my designated muse, so if you're going to sue, sue them

Chapter 2

"Kohaku!" A young girl whined, chasing a boy of the same age. His hair was dark chocolate brown, his eyes the same, glittering with life as they were prone to do. His freckled cheeks puffed with his laughter. In his right hand, a piece of paper was clenched tightly, though he held it in such a way that it wouldn't get crumpled. "Give it back Kohaku!"

"Eh, I don't think so. I think I'll just hold on to it for a while…or maaybe, I'll give it to Shippou. What do you think, Souta?" Kohaku asked, turning to another boy, slightly shorter than Kohaku with short, black hair, who was staring into space, or rather, at a cluster of girls, with a dazed expression. "Oh no!" Kohaku gasped, "We've lost him! Call the ambulance! Souta!" He grabbed the smaller boy's shoulders and shook him, still wary of the piece of paper in his hand. "Stay with me! Help is on the way. Can you hear me?" Souta, now out of his trance, pushed Kohaku off him, blushing slightly.

"Shove off," he grumbled, looking toward the ground in a desperate attempt to hide his flaming cheeks.

"He's alive! He's alive!" Kohaku sang, spinning in circles as the girl attempted to grab her paper. "We've reached him in time, he's alive." Souta smiled slightly at his friend's antics. It wasn't often that Kohaku was so… carefree. His mother had died shortly over a year before in a car accident with her friend, Yanagi. Since then he tended to be withdrawn, even emotionless. His sister, Sango, was usually the one to bring him out of it.

"Yeah, yeah. The great Kohaku strikes again. Now what were you saying?" The taller boy ceased his dance to spread a piece of paper before his friend.

"Our little Kaede has been struck by cupid's arrow." On the paper was a picture, excellent by sixth grade measures and drawn with extreme care and perfectionism. It featured two figures, one in semblance of Kaede, the little girl, with her long ebony hair and one good eye. The other was Shippou, a boy in their class. He had been very popular and out going, but he had distanced himself in the past few months and no one had figured out why. In fact, no one had really bothered to ask.

Souta directed his attention to the boy in question, a small, redheaded figure hunched over a notebook near the fence, a typically unoccupied spot. His green eyes were focused, but sad as his pencil traveled the paper.

"What do you think Souta? Should I tell him?" Kohaku questioned, slightly insecure in his friend's silence.

"I think Shippou would be a good friend and that something is very wrong with him," Souta murmured, not really answering Kohaku, but not not answering him either. "Something that I intend to find out." With that said, Souta stood, stumbling over to the lone boy by the fence, leaving his friends to recuperate in his wake.

"Man," Kohaku groaned, slouching after his friend, "I really hate when he does this. Souta should really concentrate on his own problems, mainly mental instability, before waltzing off to fix others."

Kaede followed, smiling brightly as she clutched her recovered picture to her chest. In a sudden burst of joy, she hooked her arm in Kohaku's and took off at a skip.

Inuyasha sighed, his brain far too over worked for the day, and, to top it off, he had to concentrate on school as well. It was just too much. The worst part had to be Kagome's admittance at lunch to thinking his half-brother was attractive. He had just chased off that Hojo character and now she was after his brother. The girl was just too much work. It wasn't like he was interested in her or anything, but she was like a little sister to him and he took it as his responsibility to keep unworthy guys away from her… which generally ended with Inuyasha having a near death experience compliments of Kagome. His brains were fried.

"Oh Inuyaaashaa!" A call came across the campus and fear automatically found its way into Inuyasha's face. He searched frantically for a hiding spot.

"Oh shit… oh crap… oh nooo."

"Hey, Inuyasha," Kagome said walking toward him, oblivious to the voice calling him in the background.

"Kagome!" Inu jumped, then crouched behind her. "Hide me!"

"Uhh… what? Okay."

"Inuyaaashaaa!" The girl ran towards Kagome, looking around excitedly. "Konnichiwa, Kagome-san! Ano… you haven't seen Inu-sama by any chance, have you?"

'Inu-sama?' Kagome thought to herself as Inuyasha mouthed it simultaneously from his "hiding spot". It was then that Kagome remembered the whole deal with Hojo, and an evil smirk slowly made its way across her face. Inuyasha, however, was not in a position in which her face was visible, and yet he still got a shiver up his spine.

"Why yes, Rieko, as a matter of fact I have." The shiver came again, this time leaving a trail of fear on his face.

"Reeaally?" the girl asked, her blue eyes shining. "Where?"

"Don't do it," Inuyasha begged, but Kagome just smiled.

"Why he's right here," she said in a scarily cheerful voice as she stepped a side to reveal the frightened Inuyasha.

"Inu-sama!" Rieko squealed as she jumped on him and Inuyasha took off at a run, oblivious to the fact that Rieko was hanging on his back. It was then that Sesshoumaru appeared.

"I must congratulate you on putting Inuyasha through such misery," he said calmly, hiding a smile at the sight before him.

"Yeah," Kagome sighed, in a daze, daydreaming of Inu's next torture session, before she finally realized who she was talking to. "What do you want Fluffy?" She managed to glimpse his wince and smiled.

"Well, your name for starters." Kagome shook her head.

"No can do, next?" Inuyasha, meanwhile was trying to peel Rieko off himself when he finally noticed Fluffy-sama.

"I don't think you understand," Sesshou drawled, "I always get what I want." She shook her head again, now determined to ignore him. He wouldn't get her name if her life depended on it.

"Sesshoumaru!" Inuyasha yelled, heading their way. "Stay away from Kagome!" Sessh smiled, Kagome groaned, Rieko cheered for her ride, Inuyasha ran into a pole, and in the background there was a thunk and a scream of "Hentai!" from a voice that sounded predictably like Sango.

"As I said," Sesshou gloated, "I always get what I want. Ja… Kagome." As he left, another smile graced Kagome's face.

"Oh Inuyaaaashaa."

"Oh shit."

*************************************************************** ********

Okay, that's the end of chapter two, and I've got a few things to say to you, but first, my brother's version of how Inuyasha is going to end:

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru swing the Tetsusaiga and Tenseiga at each other at the same time. Tenseiga breaks. A flash of blinding light blinds Inuyasha and he reaches for Sessh's sword, which is actually Inu's, but he doesn't know that. He then swings it and thinks of a whole bunch of dead people coming back to life, but instead he kills himself, Sessh, and a bunch of other people. Jaken shows up with his staff and attempts to bring Sesshoumaru and some others back, but it backfires at him and kills everyone left. Jaken is the only one left. He tries to bring everyone back with a huge spell, but instead, he said the wrong words and he kills himself, and the whole world with him. Then all the spirits came together to form a new world, you know, sorta like that thing in the Final Fantasy movie. The End…

Well considering Inuyasha takes place five hundred years ago… I don't think that happened…. But oh well.

So yeah, anyway… a few things I need to know from you: should there be demons? (I haven't specified yet) what should I do about Kikyo?

Reviews:

Media Miner:

Midnight_001: Isn't he though? *dreamy sigh* Fluffy-sama… oh, anywho, thanks.

AsianEyes: Aren't we all though? And besides, going to a school like that, who wouldn't be? Thanks

Rieko: … I don't think I'll dignify this with a response.

Red Day: Thanks, will do (Rieko's making sure I actually finish this fic, be grateful to her)

Kitsune princess: I would agree, that's why I have two Sess/Kag's that I'm working on besides this (only one's been posted though… and its only the first chap, but oh well) Thanks

BoiNamYoshi: Working on it, thanks

Princessann: glad you liked it J

FF.net

StoicStella: yes, I rather liked the speech myself. Glad to have made your day… hopefully you won't need CPR for this one J Well, you may not know, but Rieko does, and I've promised to finish this one, or she and some of my other friends will probably kidnap me and force me to finish every one of my fics on threat of torture

Koriko: glad you liked it…

Ja ne,

Sesshiria