InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces of The Sun ❯ The Other Woman ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Other Woman
She was but a child when she came to the fortress. A human girl marooned in an unknown sea, where tempestuous storms were ever so subtle.
A human. Unacceptable. What was the Daimyo thinking?
She knew she would never be welcomed within the closely guarded walls. She was a weak human. She was the other woman.
She wished she could walk tall, like her. She wished she was as powerful, as her. But she would be the other woman.
But she was accepted by the very one she envied. You are not alone. I'll be there for you.
The acceptance turned to friendship, and friendship became the forbidden emotion…love.
Their bodies, souls, mind became one. And they would be together, forever.
Would fate allow them?
She asked her, “Do you love me?” There was no answer. Only the sounds of passion as their lips met in a heated kiss. There would be no answer.
One day, she decides to go away. Forever. We shall meet again.
The youkai woman looked at the spiralling coils of smoke, as amber fire lit up the night, devouring the castle.
We shall not meet again, my love.
She had been too late, too late to accept her love.