InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pirates of the Caribbean: Inu-Yasha Style ❯ A Most Excellent Entrance and the Proposal ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whoa... Two chapters out in one day. Oh the possibilites when you're sick.

Thank you, reviewers, once again! And to Kody Leigh: I was gonna make Inu-Yasha the famous Captain Jack Sparrow, but thought about it and realized that if he was Captain Jack Sparrow, then how would he get Kagome? So, I couldn't make him Captain Jack Sparrow.... ::cries:: Anyways.... JOHNNY DEPP IS MINE, MWAHAHAHAHHAA! YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM, YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM, KODY LEIGH!!! Lol, anyways.... I love the movie too! It is defidently one of my obsessions. And.... ::grins:: Miroku is gonna be Captain Jack Sparrow.... ^_^ Oh yeah... Kody Leigh, you seem like a nice person, if you have AIM or AOL instant messege me sometime... check my user-lookup on ff.net for my screen name.

~*~*~*

Disclaimer: I hate you disclaimer.... You make me admit that I don't own Inu-Yasha, the plot of this story or... *mumbles* Johnny Depp..... BUT IN MY MIND, I DO!! MWAHAHAHAHHA

Chapter three-A Most Excellent Entrance and the Proposal

Miroku stood on the mast of his boat. He noticed that it was filling up with water, so he jumped down to bail it out. Miroku looked up and noticed three pirate skeletons hanging with a sign that read "Pirate ye be warned". He took off his hat and paid homage (respect) to them.His boat sank lower and lower as he neared his destination. By the time Miroku reached the port, he was able to simply walk off the boat's mass and on the deck.

Miroku started walking off, but was stopped by the harbormaster. "What--hey, hold up, there, you. It's a shilling to tie up your boat at the dock," he stopped a moment and looked at Miroku's sunken boat. "And I shall need to know your name."

Miroku got out three shillings. "What d'you say to three shillings, and we forget the name?" He asked as he dropped the money into the harbormaster's hand.

"Welcome to Port Royal, Mr. Smith," the Harbormaster said. As Miroku walked away, he saw the harbormaster's money pouch and took it.

~*~*~*

Orders were being shouted to the soldiers,"Two paces march! Right about face! Present arms!" Hojo walked up to get his promotion, and unsheated his new sword.

~*~*~*

Miroku started to walk up to a dock, but is stopped by two soldiers named Shippo and Sota (not related to Kagome, and they're grown men in this). The scrawnier one named Soto spoke first. "This dock is off limits to civilians."

"I'm terribly sorry; I didn't know. If I see one, I shall inform you immediately," Miroku said as he tried to continue onto the ship, but is stopped again. "Apparently, there's some sort of high toned and fancy to do at the fort, eh? How could it be that two upstanding citizens such as yourselves did not merit an invitation?"

Sota spoke again,"Someone has to make sure the dock stays off limits to civilians.

"It's a fine goal, to be sure, but it seems to me that a...." Miroku tried to get past them, but got blocked. "a ship like that," Miroku pointed out the Dauntless (a ship),"makes this one here a bit superfluous, really."

"Oh, the Dauntless is the power in these waters, true enough, but there's no ship as can match the Interceptor for speed," Sota replied.

"I've heard of one, supposed to be very fast -- nigh un-catchable.... the Black Pearl," Miroku said.

The chubbier one named Shippo spoke up. "Well, there's no real ship as can match the Interceptor," He said, doubtfully.

"The Black Pearl is a real ship," argued Sota.

"No, no it's not," replied Shippo, turning to Sota.

"Yes, it is. I've seen it," Sota lied.

"You've seen it?"

"Yes," he lied again.

"You haven't seen it," Shippo said, rolling his eyes. Him and Sota both forgot about Miroku.

"Yes, I have."

Shippo began to grow impatient. "You've seen a ship with black sails, that's crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out?"

"No," Sota replied.

"No?" Shippo asked.

Sota answered,"But I have seen a ship with black sails."

Miroku, knowing that he was forgotten, slipped away while the two soldiers argued.

"Oh, and no ship that's not crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out could possibly have black sails, therefore couldn't possibly be any other ship than the Black Pearl," Shippo continued, not noticing Miroku's disappearence,"Is that what you're saying?"

Sota nodded and said,"No."

"Like I said, there's no real ship as can match the Interceptor..." Shippo said triumphantly as he turned back to where Miroku used to be. He then noticed that Miroku was at the wheel of the interceptor.

"Hey! You!" Sota shouted as he and Shippo ran to the interceptor. "Get away from there."

"You don't have permission to be aboard there, mate," Shippo said to Miroku.

"I'm sorry, it's just-- it's such a pretty boat.... Ship," Miroku corrected himself.

"What's your name?" Sota asked suspiciously.

"Smith," Miroku lied. "Or Smithy, if you like."

"What's your purpose in Port Royal, Mr. Smith?" Shippo asked, sharing Sota's suspiciouns.

"Yeah, and not lies," added Sota.

"Well, then I confess," Miroku said, "it is my intention to comandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder, and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!"

"I said no lies!" Sota said impatiently.

"I think he's telling the truth," Shippo said to Sota.

"If he were telling the truth, he wouldn't have told us," Sota replied.

"Unless," Miroku interrupted, "of course, he knew you wouldn't believe the truth even if he told it to you."

~*~*~*

Out on the battlements of the Fort, Hojo was getting ready to purpose to Kagome. "May I have a moment?" Hojo asked Kagome. "Uh... you look lovely, Kagome. I umm... apologize if I seem foward, but... I must speak my mind. This promotion throws into sharp relief that which I have not yet achieved. Uh... a marraige to a fine woman. You have become a fine woman, Kagome."

"I can't breath...." Kagome said, fanning herself faster and faster.

"Yes, I... I'm a bit nervous myself," Hojo said as Kagome fell over the battlement and into the water.

~*~*~*

Thankies for the reviews. ^_^

To Tricky-the-kitsune-youkia:

I would love to read your stories! Which one in paticular would you reccomend me to read? ^_^