InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Please... ❯ Please... ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Heya all. I got inspired for this fic a bit ago when I was...umm...acting...by myself...in my room e.e; *cough* ANYWHO!

I hope ya'll don't get mad at me for this... It's post-Naraku, so he's all dead-ified, and I won't explain how n.n


Please...

Kagome smiled in relief as she slid the two halves of the now pure Shikon No Tama together, watching the bright flash meld them into one.

It was whole... Her journey for the shards was finished. She frowned. It was done... That meant...she had no more reason to stay...

She swallowed, glancing back at her comrades. Miroku had thrown away his prayer beads, and was currently twirling Sango around in circles before capturing her in a kiss. Then there was Shippo who was hugging Kirara around the throat while the now alive Kohaku stroked her ears fondly. Sesshoumaru was sheathing Tenseiga after using the fated sword to restore existence to Sango's little brother. Kouga was seen carrying Ayame from the battle scene bridal style, both smiling and staring into each other's eyes. Everyone was battle weary and bloodied, but couldn't look more pleased.

A gentle hand dropped on her shoulder, slowly turning her around. She knew right away who it was. A small smile curved her lips as she looked up into warm golden eyes. He smirked in return, showing off one gleaming fang.

"We did it Kagome...we saved the world."

"Oh Inu Yasha..." She buried her face into his chest and he held her close with his strong arms.

"It's over. We did it, he repeated, stunned. She bit her bottom lip and began thinking. She had to tell him tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow was when she'd leave. For tonight, she would enjoy herself and celebrate.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*(Later that night)*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Inu Yasha lifted the clay mug of sake to his lips, a slight flush covering his cheeks. Sure, he was part demon...but he was also part human. Intoxication fuzzed his mind and loosened his tongue.

Grabbing Kagome's hand, he led her outside of Kaede's hut and to the Goshinboku. Turning from her, he stared at the tree without a word and she waited.

"I never...thanked you for releasing me..."

"You never needed to." She blushed, and though he couldn't see her, he could sense the rush of blood to her high cheekbones. He could see the pretty colouring in her beautiful features. An almost inaudible sigh passed his lips and he whirled around to face her. She was so perfect. He needed her to be his.

"Kagome, now that the jewel is complete, you can stay...right?" His gilded orbs were hopeful and hesitant, praying with all of his tattered, then mended heart that she would give him some clue to her feelings.

She stared at him, shocked. It was then that she felt her throat close and hot tears sting the back of her eyes. With a muffled sob, she whirled and ran back to the hut, leaving a confused hanyou blinking after her retreat, too drunk to move his numbed limbs into action.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*(The next morning)*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Kagome woke before everyone else and began packing her yellow bag. The night before she had created care packages for all but one of her friends. Leaving them at the base of all of their pallets, she slung the pack over her slim shoulders and stepped silently outside, but not silently enough that a certain dog-eared boy didn't hear it. Inu Yasha spent all night pondering why she had run away. Did he repulse her? Did she not want to be around him? He was so confused.

It was then that the source of his headache slipped from the hut and stared ahead before moving forward. The sent of salt stung his sensitive nose. She was crying...and heading for the well. He leapt from his perch, intent on following her.

She stood at the lip of the well and stared into the darkness below her, a few tears falling onto the old wood, forever staining it with her sorrow.

"Kagome..." She wiped her eyes before whirling around to meet the familiar voice. She knew he would come. Saddened chocolate eyes stared into panicked golden ones. The desperation somehow managed to keep from straining his words. "A-are you going home?" She nodded silently, tearing her gaze from his.

"Yes, Inu Yasha...I'm going home."

"Well, when will you be back?"

Once again she felt the telltale sting of her hot, salty tears. Swallowing thickly, she took a step towards him and wrapped him in a hug, whispering against his haori.

"I-I'm not coming back, Inu Yasha." Kagome felt his form stiffen, but she only tightened her grip. The girl slid her hand up his chest and wrapped her slender fingers around his rosary, eyes blank as she murmured. "I remember Kaede once telling us that she believed this necklace was what allowed you to travel to my world; because it was associated with me..." His hand whipped up to clasp hers tightly, willing back his own sadness.

"B-but you can't leave us. What about Sango and Miroku? What about Shippo? What...what about me?" He felt her tremble against him as she held in the oncoming sobs. She stepped away from him and placed her other hand on the beads, brown eyes misting over.

"I left them gifts to remember me by... Now it's time to give you yours." With a speed he never would have imagined she possessed, she whipped the rosary over his head, and then held the beads out to him. "Your freedom."

He choked on the lump that rose in his throat, closing his clawed hand around the charcoal beads and alabaster fangs. He looked up at her, only to see her face, which was tightened with grief. It broke the dams on his control and he clasped her to him, feeling the tears trail down his tanned cheeks.

"Don't go," he begged, burying his face into her inky locks. "Don't leave me. I need you, Kagome, Kami knows how much I need you..."

Her own restraint was left in shreds as she clutched him in return, sagging against his lean form with the force of her anguish.

"I need you too, Inu Yasha...I just can't stay, she sobbed out, breathing him in, trying to imprint his scent, his touch into her memory forever.

"You can," He whispered fiercely, golden optics beginning to tinge red. "You can stay with me forever and I'll take care of you. I love you Kagome. Stay with me..."

She had waited three years to hear those words, but they were coming too late. Her business here was done and she had her entire life in the future waiting for her.

"I can't Inu Yasha...you have to understand...I need to go home...where I belong."

"You belong with me, Kagome. At my side...forever." His voice cracked and he leaned away, catching her face between his hands and pressing his lips against hers. She was so sweet and pure. He couldn't lose her. He licked at her salted lips, asking silent permission which she granted without hesitation. They both fell to their knees as his tongue traced the honeyed cavern of her mouth. Tiny butterflies fluttered around in his stomach, sending goose bumps rising across his skin. She was perfect and she was his. He wouldn't have it any other way.

She pushed him away and shook with distress as she got up and left the boy kneeling on the grass, bangs shadowing his beautiful eyes as tears trailed their way to his jaw, a picture of misery. She lifted up her backpack and carried it to the well, sitting down on the edge.

"Kagome..."

"You have to understand, Inu Yasha...I love you..." She looked over her shoulder to see him staring at her with his heart shattering in his eyes.

"Please..." She fought the almost undeniable urge to run back to him, and instead, lifted her hand to her throat, snapping the chain around her neck and tossing the jewel at him, which he caught easily. She smiled slightly, eyes reddened and features stained with her weeping.

"Make your wish pure, Inu Yasha..." With that, she slid from the edge and was engulfed in blue light. When she fell from view, he flew to the lip of the well and screamed her name. When the last of the azure glow died away, he threw his head back and emit a mournful howl. As he fell to his knees for the second time that morning, he glanced at the objects in his hands. Sliding the rosary once again over his head, he lifted the Shikon No Tama to be level with his eyes.

"I wish...I wish Kagome would be happy..." The jewel shimmered in his palm before disintegrating and following the breeze that ruffled his hair and clothes. He stood and turned to dejectedly walk away when he heard soft crying. Glancing back down into the well, he saw his Kagome, curled up into a ball at the bottom. He leapt down and wrapped her in his arms. "Kagome..."

"I couldn't do it, Inu Yasha...I couldn't leave you. I love you so much..." She held on to him as they both cried, tears mingling as their lips met in fierce kisses.

"Don't ever leave me again, you hear?"

"Never again... I won't leave you ever again... I'll be by your side forever..."

Aeryn