InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Powerful Priestess ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Ray and Rina were happy that their sister can see again. Her grandmother and her mother were surprised of her eye color but they also went to hug her for seeing again. As months past the village started to respect her and found out that she wasn’t the one killing the villagers. When Kitsu and her sisters and brother turned 10 years old. The villagers found her grandmothers body lying dead on the ground and her face facing the ground. Blood was all over her and her eyes were taken out. She looked like she was slaughtered then eaten. After a few mouths of that accident her father was about to leave town. “Ray, Kitsu, Rina where’s Katura” her father asked. “We don’t know” the three said it at the same time. They turned toward each other and started to laugh, then turned to look at their father who looked serous at them, so they stopped laughing. “Well, I got to go all of you take care and take care of your mother ok” he responded. “Ok we will” again they said it at the same time and looked like they were about to laugh. But her father didn’t pay much attention and but before he left kitsu grabbed his hand. “Dad when are you coming back” she asked in almost a crying voice. “In a couple of weeks ok,” he said. “You promise” She asked. “Yes and don’t cry ok I’ll come back I promise” her father replied and walked away.

Kitsu went for a walk on a sunny day with her furry friend chimeku and were heading toward the forest when a girl stopped her. “Hi I’m kaede and I’m trying to find a girl named kitsu would you know where she lives” kaede asked. Kitsu turned around to see how she looks like and answered “I’m kitsu and yes I know where she lives.” Kitsu smiled at her and the two talked like the whole day to catch up. As the months past kitsu and kaede acted more like sisters then friends. Kaede always went to her house to play with her even though kitsu was older than but kaede didn’t care. Until finally kitsu turned 12 years old, even though she was still a little bit small, the village asked her to be priestess of the village. The real priestess died in a battle. When she accepted. She worked on her archery and other stuff which she got good at in a few months. She cured and saved the village from demons that were coming from the forest. When she turned 13 the village was in peace with demon. They didn’t fight while kitsu was around and the human and demons helped each other. People started to come from different villages to get help and asked kitsu for help them out. Until one day a few people from another village came. “We want to talk to the priestess of the village” one of them said and started to walk forward. “Yes can I help you” kitsu replied. “You’re the priestess but she is a........” another said but was stopped by the leader of the group. “I want to talk to you in private” The leader of the group said and turned to the group. “As you wish, follow me” she said and started to walk toward a shrine. When they got inside the shrine they sat around a table. “We want you to protect this jewel it is called the shikon jewel and if it gets in the wrong hands the one who has it will get a wish or become powerful” he applied. “I see but I won’t take care of it” Kitsu answered. “Why not you, you’re the one who made the demon not to attack humans right” he responded “so that mean you can talk care of it.” “I can but....... I don’t want to put the village in danger” she replied. “BUT...” he was about to say something but kitsu stopped him. “Take the jewel and I said no I can’t afford the village in danger” kitsu said and walked off. “Why am I relying on a child she isn’t they priestess or could she be” he said and walked to his group and left.

A few months past and kitsu became unhappy that her father hadn’t returned yet as he promised. Every time she went for a walk she saw little kids with their parents. Her strenght became more weak than it was and her brother and sisters knew that. Things went the same for every day. When three years more past, Kitsu got bored staying in the house and went with chimeku for a little walk in the woods. Ray and Rina followed behind her without her knowing but kitsu knew they were there. All of a sudden a black jaguar came out of the bushes and right behind it was her sister katura. “Well Then now that you’re here let the party begin sis” Katura said. Kitsu noticed that her sister didn’t have her red necklace.