InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Prince Charming ❯ Prince Charming ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I am his princess and he is my prince charming.

It is just another lie, another game to see who broke first, who would tear down all the webs of deception that we weave around us, knowing it would leave us naked and exposed to the world.

We smile, talk, flirt and play this deadly game with every passing moment. It means nothing yet everything at the same time.

Every though is horrifying and breathtaking, every spoken word is hated yet valued beyond all words. This game - a perfect blend of opposites, is what makes life bearable.

The anticipation of his next move keeps me on my toes. The challenge of extracting sweet revenge is endlessly enticing.

What more do I have to look forward to? All of my family except for my brother is dead, slaughtered brutally by said brother. I can never have dreams of living peacefully to the end of my days as other maidens do. My brother and I will never truly hate each other, as we have a bond that exceeds of many other siblings. I have forgiven him, this is true - after all, he did not do it on his free will and the heinous bastard, Naraku is to blame. But neither can I forget the hollowness in his eyes as he killed his family with a weapon that had been the family heirloom, specially kept for him. Irony plays as its best.

I have no home. There used to be a place that held my heart, built by my great-grandfather's very own hands. It was a small and humble place to live, with each wood carved and set into its place lovingly, but with unskilled hands. Now, completely destroyed by the very youkai my family and I have hunted for as long as I can remember - marking the end of the many generations of tajiya; the name that my family and I had learnt to carry with great honor.

Perhaps I might find a home in some place else, a small village that I might learn to love and defend its peace with my very life. Perhaps I might reflect at my past one day and smile bitterly at how foolish I had been.

But whatever happens, I can only hope that it is not Houshi-sama who wins this game. Because if he does, I might even not hate him for it. And then I will have lost - more than I bargained for.