InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ The News ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 1: The News

Kagome couldn't contain her excitement. She sat in her business chair at work, and couldn't concentrate. She had just won an all expensed paid vacation trip to a sunny island, in a draw, the work was holding for employees. She and Hojo, one of her very good friends both won a trip, and they would be going together. Kagome relaxed, in her chair, and thought about the cool breeze, the soft sand, and cute beach boys. She squealed in excitement.

"EEEE! This is gonna be so cool!" Kagome looked at her watch, and decideded, it was break time. She stood at a glass window, and watched Hojo giving a speech. Kagome giggled. He looked so smart. He really was though. Kagome caught his eye, and he smiled, and looked back at his audience. Kagome walked back to her desk ready to complete the piles of work, with a smile.

The next day Kagome had settled down, but was still excited about the trip, only 2 more nights, to sleep. She walked into her little office space, and sat down in her chair, she didn't feel like working today. She was about to take a break, heh, again, when Hojo came in around lunch time.
"Kagome?" Hojo said, coming into her cubicle. Kagome turned around and saw the cute brown haired boy, standing, waiting for her. She got up abruptly, and ran into his arms, as he swung her around. She was just so happy to be going to a nice island, with a good friend, a cute one too.
"I see someones really extragent to see me today." Hojo kissed her lightly on the lips. They weren't a couple, or even in a realationship, they were only friends, and that's what they did somtimes. "HeeHee, I can't wait to go to the sandy beaches, and we can chase eachother in the water, and make castles, and, hahah, do all the stuff we used to do as kids, I'm so happy Hojo." Kagome hugged him tighly, as tears, streamed down her face. She couldn't remember, barely, about ever having fun, after starting work.

"Hey Hey Kags, don't cry." Hojo smiled in her face.

"I'm just happy." Kagome sighed. She ruffled his hair. "Hey, Kagome! Don't do that, hahaha!" Hojo tickled her away. "Oh we're going to have so much fun together, Kagome, I've been looking foreward to this."
Hojo's beeper went, and he had to go. "Later." he smiled casually, and walked out the door. Little did Kagome know, what would happen next day..

And soon the dreaded moment came. "One more sleep to go." Kagome twiddled her pen as she watched the slow hands of the clock tic-toc away
the next day.
She already had her things packed away at home right now.

Hojo hadn't been at work today, which was odd, but Kagome just shrugged it off, happy to be gone. As soon as she stepped into the door way of her home, the phone rang, and Kags hurried to get it.

It was Hojo. He explained to her, that he couldn't go. Kagome was stunned, it was like a hard slap that struck her suddenly. "But-but-but-...what?!" She reapeated that sentance with anything Hojo said. "I'm sorry Kagome, it was a family emergency. My grampa, is in the hopital. Heartattack." "I understand, alrite Hojo, thanks for telling me." Kagome's voice was weak.

"Kagome I'm sorry--" Kagome hung up the phone before he could finish his sentance, and started to cry. How horrible, one thing she wanted for a long time, she was getting but couldn't enjoy it. How crummy.

"Cheer up Kagome, you can still relax, and do all the things, Hojo couldn't do. You can make him happy." Kagome said to herself. "Yeah right."

The next morning Kagome went to the airport. The stupid thing was that the airplane she was taking was a 6 seater plane. Yeah. Those scary crammed, small planes, with all the constant turbulence, and she didn't believe anyone would be there except for the pilots.

Kagome walked into the plane carrying her 2 bags, she seriously thought would bring down the plane. She walked to the middle of the aisle, and saw him.
His face was slumped in his hand, resting on the arm brace, he looked bored. Dressed in the most ridicoulous get up, of an old fuedal person, he was looking, up at her, his white long hair draped over his face, devinely.

'Wow, he's puppy cute!' Kagome thought, and smiled at him. "What're yew lookin' at?" he didn't remove his gaze from her. Kagome stepped back. 'Woah, sure not nice like a puppy.'
Kagome just watched as she saw his eyes look her up and down. Kagome dropped her bags, and covered herself. "What're you looking at! Hmm?!" He yawned.

"Don't flatter yourself."