InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pulling Her Down ❯ Taking Care of Those Others Places ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: *Big sigh* Same as all the other chapters before.

Hope you enjoy.

To all those that HAVE already read this story. The update on this chapter was only to correct an incorrectly used spelling mistake which someone pointed out. (*bows head* *blushing*). Story is still the same.

Sometimes, I re-read my stories too many times trying to catch mistakes of wording or misspells. Sorry if I missed any other ones.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -*-*-

Pulling Her Down

by: aishiteru_inu

Part 5: Taking Care of Those Other Places

Previous Chapter:

When he spoke his voice was quieter and a little bit deeper. "Kagome, if--if you want," he started hesitantly, wondering how she would react if he suggest something else. "I could…… see about taking care…… of those other……places…"

******************

Reaching up, her fingers followed the line of his sight to the tender spot on her face, feeling the scraped skin beneath her touch. Funny how she hadn't noticed it before, yet now she could feel the soreness of it.

"I thought," she too spoke softer. "you said not to expect you to do that anymore."

"Keh," the short sound he made was almost as if he gently cursed, and he returned his gaze to hers. "I wasn't meaning that right now."

Her lips parted slightly as she started to make the sound of 'oh', but it didn't get past them. She noticed that InuYasha's eyes dropped to her mouth momentarily, and when they returned, back to hers again, there was a slightly brighter sheen to them.

Without attempting to say another word, Kagome turned her head slightly and offered the injured cheek to him. A moment later, she felt his fingers thread through the locks of her ebony hair to cup the back of her head as his other hand came up to cradle the opposite side of her face.

She couldn't help the surge of apprehension that ran through her at his touch. It wasn't from fear because of what had happened earlier, but for the simple fact that what he intended to do wasn't… well… wasn't an everyday, run of the mill type thing. She remained as she was, but had to close her eyes to ward against her nervousness. Yet for someone who had enhanced senses, the faint scent of her tension was easily picked up.

"What are you afraid of?" She heard his lowered voice ask. "Is it me?"

"No, InuYasha." she murmured back just as soft. "I'm not afraid of you."

Several seconds passed, with the only thing that stirred was a few strands of her hair as his breath fanned across her skin. He did not move as he allowed her words '…not afraid of you.' to sink in; resounding in his head until his own apprehension left.

InuYasha dipped his head down toward her only to stop an inch or so away. He could easily reach her, but instead he said in a quieter voice, "Come closer, Kagome."

Without hesitation or question, she complied to the request.

Raising her hands, she laid them against the soft material of his under tunic, which covered his chest, if nothing more than to keep herself upright and steady. For some unknown reason, she never quite realized just how solid he was underneath her touch.

How could she just sit there and calmly let him… lick her face? What would he think, IF, what he was about to do, felt as nice as it did when he kissed… huh, healed… her lip? What if she pressed herself against him? Sure, she had been snuggled close next to him not too long ago, but that was different. Now other sensations were stirring within her, and it was already becoming a slight effort to calm her senses. If she didn't reign them in from going places they shouldn't be, she wasn't sure how he would take her response.

He was, after all, only doing what he could to right a wrong he believed he had done to her. His intentions were only an extension of his 'protection' of her because he felt guilty as to being the one that had caused her harm. It was nothing more than that. He had made that evident in the way he had objected so profusely about kissing her.

Still, the thought of his mouth on her face, having his tongue stroke her skin, sent electric waves coursing through her.

"Kagome,…" he spoke again, so close that she could feel every word flutter against her skin from his breath, and all she could do was issue a ''ummm?" because, for some reason, her tongue was glued to the roof of her mouth.

"…I'm sorry." He lightly pressed his face against hers, "I… didn't…" and she felt his scrunch up a bit, "I'm so sorry that I caused you to get hurt", then his hold upon her tighten somewhat as if to infuse her with the depth of his apology.

"InuYasha,…" her voice was a mere whisper, but he cut her off as he continued.

"I know you said that you didn't blame me." He brought his head up only enough so that he could see her eyes when she opened them. "I just…can't… forgive myself that easily. I… failed…you. I swore…"

"InuYasha," she breathed his name again. Looking at him, she shook her head in a slow, minuscule movement. "you… haven't failed me."

He continued to hold her gaze, watching as the moonlight sparkled within them.

"Kagome," he whispered as he pressed his face against hers, his lips brushing her cheek tenderly. It was then that the warm, moist softness of his tongue grazed her wounded skin.

There was no need to be quite as gentle as before, for this time, however, there was no fear of awakening her nor the fear of how to explain it if she did. And even though her eyes were now closed again, she was just as conscious as he was; fully aware of what he was doing. Still, InuYasha found he wanted to do no less than what he had done earlier, and slid his tongue softly across the abrasion.

Unlike her lip, the small patch didn't bleed nearly as bad; merely spotting in places, and since the damage had not been that severe, it did not take along at all for her skin to heal completely. Yet even when there was no longer any traces of unevenness in the texture of her skin against his tongue, InuYasha was unwilling to part himself from her. He continued to savor the taste of her in a deliberate, slow rhythm. The scent of her fragrance which eluded from her in warm waves, began to tweak a response of his own a little more.

As if in a silent answer to his reluctance of letting her go, he remembered that there was one other place to 'take care of'.

Shifting his hands, he lowered the one that had supported the back of her head, to her shoulder; sliding his fingers down the length of her neck then slipped them under the collar of his haori that she wore. As he began to slide the garment away from her, his lips emulated the direction of his hand and moved across her skin.

As the haori was pulled down, his mouth continued to descend also in a combination of light pressures of his lips and whispered strokes of his tongue. Kagome had never felt anything like it. She had never in her wildest dream imagined how soft his mouth could be against her. It was like…… a caress of raw silk being drawn across her skin, leaving a trail of moist heat in its wake.

He moved lower still, with a purposeful intent to follow the downward path that his hand had gone.

At the neck of her throat, InuYasha could feel her pulse quickly beating, and when he opened his mouth, sliding his tongue over the length of it, the pace accelerated even more. With a low sounding growl in the back of his throat, he captured the beating skin and drew it into his mouth, sucking her gently like a nursing pup. He loved the erratic throb, and feeling the tempo against his tongue caused his own to speed up. Every moment that she permitted him to continue, made his blood grow even warmer.

His hand continued pushing the haori away until the bandage on her arm was exposed, which caused his mouth to become mobile once again, and seared a path to the base of her neck. As he made a sensual assault of her skin there, InuYasha sliced through the wrapping with a slow, measured movement. After pulling it away, he lifted his head.

He did not look at her. His eyes were fixly set upon the place he had just abandoned, fighting with a growing urge to return his mouth against her there. As hard as this was becoming, he wasn't quite finished, and was determined to do what he said he would for her.

Shifting a little more, he moved the hand that still cradled her face to the middle of her back, then took hold of the wrist of her injured arm, with the other, and pulled it away from him.

He didn't ask, and he wasn't going to. She had already granted him permission before hand, -- maybe this part wasn't what she had in mind when she offered her cheek, but he did say 'other places' -- and he wasn't going to give her the chance to change her mind now. Until he had fixed all the damage he had done, he wasn't giving her up.

Stretching her arm outward, InuYasha bent forward again to bring his mouth down upon the lacerations that were there -- wounds that were made by his claws -- and pressed his tongue against her. He closed his eyes at the contact, fighting to keep from giving any voice to the sound that ached to escape his throat. He couldn't let her know the rush he was getting from doing what he was because of them, even though he inwardly winced at the sight because they reminded him that he was the reason they were there.

The first strokes of his tongue were taken slowly, as if he was testing for a reaction, and when there wasn't any, -- other than the spike of her scent, -- that was all he needed to begin licking with a more rhythmic pace just as before. Over and over he bathed the wounds with his tongue, his mouth moving against her as the injury was of a greater length than the previous ones. The same sweet saltiness welded up more profusely as the skin opened against the rasping splay of his tongue, yet the flow was eventually staunched by the gentle tamping of his own healing moisture.

Releasing a heavy breath from his nose, it fanned against her skin in a long and very warm caress.

**************

A jolt went through her body as InuYasha placed his mouth upon her arm and started lathering her with strokes of his tongue, his lips moving and pressing against her as he worked the length of the gashes. Her senses were tingling with a flurry of electrical sparks shooting through her, and it was all she could do to sit there quietly. Finally, she surrendered to her weakness and leaned her forehead against him, hoping to at least hide the emotions that had to show upon her face.

Kagome bit gently into her bottom lip to keep from expressing any sound that he would mistake as a sign of wanting more of this. Well…… actually, no, he wouldn't be mistaken. He would be right, but she didn't want him to have reason to stop what he was doing. How would he react if, out of his compassionate effort, he saw her swooning with desire?

**************

It took a much longer time, but InuYasha finally lifted his head and stared down at the smoothness of her skin. Heat coursed through his body as surely as his blood flowed, and there was a pounding in his head. The taste of her still lingered in his mouth, even though her blood had long since stopped flowing, and the spicy sweet scent of her filled his nose. She was so close to him that even her breath caressed warmly against his throat.

The combination of sensations were mingling together and starting to run rampant. They made him hurt, yet, at the same time, long for more. He liked it… no, the fact was, he loved it.

But what was he to do now? He had taken care of the two remaining places she was hurt. He had tried to prolong his ministering as much as possible, but ultimately it had to come to an end. Now, there wasn't anything for him to do to keep her there. She would move away from him, and he didn't want that to happen… not yet.

Maybe…… Maybe if he……

Relaxing his hold on her arm, InuYasha bent down again and placed his lips against the exposed skin of her neck once again. He kissed her there, and gave another stroke of his tongue. She raised her head to sit back, but he still had control of how far, and he only allowed enough distance for him to press his mouth against the pulse that he found so enticing before.

"InuYasha," she murmured, and her only response was of him saying, "Ummmm?"

"I--I didn't know that I… had so many places for you to take care of."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- *-

Thanks to all the people that have been reading my story here, especially those that have taken time to make reviews. Sorry again that my updates on this story and my other one have been taking soooo long. I had intended to end this story in this chapter, but I've not been successful in doing an ending that I like -- hopefully whichever one I go with, you will. Anyway, I decided to split it (again) and at least give you something to ready. ~~~~~ aishiteru_inu

Oh, and yes, I know that wounds getting licked by a dog, would not 'normally' heal so fast, but 1) he's a demon, (or at least half of one, but still…) and his healing factor IS a whole lot faster than a human. Really, how fast do you THINK he can heal especially when he's had his brother's hand through him, and swords, and… well, you get what I mean. Anything else would be dead with holes in their body like that. 2) it's the way I want my story to go.