InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Purity 3: Forever ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~Epilogue~~
 
Ryomaru slipped an arm around Nezumi's waist and leaned his chin on her shoulder. “Freaks you out, don't it?”
 
Nezumi made a face and sighed, discarding the idea of lying to him when he knew her better than anyone. “Yeah, it does. I mean, look at her! She's so tiny!”
 
“No one says we have to have pups any time soon, Nez,” he pointed out. “I'd just like to know that we might have them . . . sometime.”
 
“Maybe,” she hedged, wincing as the newest member of the Inutaisho family---Coral---squealed and screamed. “Then again . . .”
 
Ryomaru chuckled. “Our pups wouldn't do that. Ours would be perfect.”
 
She snorted. “Right . . . just like you, I'd imagine?”
 
“Kami, I hope not.”
 
She laughed. “You and me, both.”
 
“Was I really that bad?”
 
“Do you want me to answer that?”
 
The August breeze stirred Ryomaru's hair, and he sighed. “All right, so I was slightly bad.”
 
“You mean slightly good,” she countered.
 
“Deidre, I'm always good.”
 
She felt herself blush at his husky tone. “Everyone's looking.”
 
“Nah, they're all inflating Toga's already inflated ego. Not a damn one of them would notice if you and I slipped away . . .”
 
“Ri-i-i-i-i-ight.”
 
 
-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-0-=-
 
 
“Was I right or was I right?”
 
InuYasha snorted as he followed the direction of his mate's gaze. Ryomaru and Nezumi stood in the shade of a magnolia tree. His son was whispering something to Nezumi, and the girl blushed and whispered something back. “All right,” InuYasha allowed. “Good thing, too, or we'd be in trouble.”
 
“They belong together, InuYasha, just like you and I do.”
 
“Only because you browbeat me into agreeing,” he scoffed.
 
Kagome leaned forward and tugged InuYasha's ear. “Browbeat you, huh?”
 
“Ow! Yeah . . . browbeat me.”
 
“Uh huh.”
 
InuYasha relented. “Well, leave the other pups alone, will you? Kich isn't out of med school yet, and Gin don't need your interference.”
 
“Oh? Are you going to let her date?”
 
“Feh.”
 
Kagome heaved a sigh. “In that case, I'll just have to start dropping hints about grandbabies,” she said lightly.
 
“Oh, no . . . you do enough meddling; you don't need to do more.”
 
“Fine . . . then how about another baby for us?”
 
InuYasha snorted. “I'll pretend I didn't hear that, wench.”
 
“Come on, InuYasha! You loved it when the kids were younger!”
 
“I can't hear you,” he stated as he got up and started away.
 
“InuYasha! Just one more,” she pressed as she got up and ran after her mate.
 
“Still can't hear you.”
 
“Just think! We could have twins again! That was so much fun, didn't you think?”
 
Really can't hear you.”
 
Kagome sighed and grabbed InuYasha's sleeve but didn't speak right away. Watching as Ryomaru took Nezumi's hand and pulled her around the side of the mansion, Kagome laughed softly. “InuYasha . . .”
 
“What?”
 
“Isn't tonight the full moon?”
 
“Yeah . . . so?”
 
She grinned. “Oh . . . no reason . . . no reason at all . . .”
 
 
~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~ *~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~
A/N:
== == == == == == == == == ==
Frequently asked Questions:
==========
Do Ryomaru and Nezumi have a baby then?
 
Nope. They don't. Kagome was just getting her hopes up, that's all.
==========
Toga and Sierra's baby?
 
They had a baby girl, and they named her Coral, after Sango.
==========
Will Gin ever get to date?
 
Check outPurity 4: Justification for that answer
==========
Why weren't Aiko and the others prominent in Purity 3: Forever?
 
Because of the huge family, it wasn't really possible to devote as much time and attention to the other members of the family, not to mention that they were only cousins, etc … so not really that important.
==========
Final Thought fromKagome:
I wonder if I'll be a grandmother soon?
==========
Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in Forever): I do not claim any rights to InuYasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.
 
~Sue~