InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Purity 8: Vendetta ❯ Disney World ( Epilogue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~Epilogue~~
~Disney World~
 
-=0=-
 
~June 21, 2079~
 
-=0=-
 
 
“Do I have to wear that, Dad?”
 
Kurt Drevin shot his ten year-old daughter a raised-eyebrow-ed look. “Yes, you do.”
 
Tanny wrinkled her nose and shot her mother an imploring gaze. “Mo-o-om . . .”
 
Samantha Izayoi Drevin tried not to smile as she shifted Tanny's year-and-a-half old sister, Ainsley from one hip to the other. “Sorry, sweetie, but you heard your father.”
 
Kurt fastened the monitoring device around Tanny's slender wrist and synchronized it with his. “Okay, you're the pink blip on my watch, and I'm the blue one yours. If we should happen to get split up, you find me, pronto. Got it?”
 
“Why doesn't Ainsley have to wear one?” Tanny pouted, crossing her arms over her `I'm a Disney Kid!' t-shirt.
 
“Because,” Kurt said, taking the toddler from his very-pregnant wife, “I'll be holding her the entire time. She's not going to go anywhere without me.”
 
Tanny rolled her eyes but didn't comment as they moved away from the gates of the huge amusement park. A moment later, though, she gasped and dashed on ahead without warning, breaking directly for a huge candy store nearby.
 
Kurt rolled his eyes as he and Samantha followed along at a more leisurely pace. “You'd think she'd be a fat little piggy by now,” he commented, a far away sort of look glazing over his eyes.
 
“Mm . . . she's got good genes.”
 
Kurt chuckled, shifting Ainsley to one arm after sparing a moment to kiss her flyaway silvery hair so that he could slip his free arm around Samantha's back. “You sure you're feeling up to this?”
 
She shook her head but giggled since it was only the twentieth time he'd asked her that since they'd gotten through the gates.
 
“I'm fine, and remember? Isabelle said that it was okay, as long as I stay off roller coasters,” she reminded him gently.
 
Kurt didn't look entirely convinced, but he relented. “You'll tell me if you want to take a break, right?”
 
She smiled as Kurt stopped short, his eyes flaring wide at the sight that greeted him. Standing outside the candy store stood his daughter—and a boy who looked to be at least a couple years older than her. He handed Tanny a piece of neon pink bubble gum, and the girl blushed, digging the toe of her sandal against the pavement and twisting her foot in her normal show of nervousness.
 
“Hmm, yeah, I don't like that,” Kurt said in a bordering-on-hostile tone of voice.
 
“Now, Kurt . . .” Samantha began.
 
He turned to frown at her and made quick work of slipping Ainsley into the bright pink stroller Samantha had been pushing.
 
She heaved a sigh and shook her head, seeing no choice but to follow her mate over to intercept their oldest daughter.
 
“Tanny, who's this?” Kurt demanded in a barely civil tone as he narrowed his eyes at the boy in question.
 
Tanny grimaced and slowly looked up at him. “Da-ad!” she hissed under her breath.
 
“I'm Pete,” the boy said, more than a little reluctant, or so it would seem.
 
Kurt snorted. “Well, Pete . . . don't you know that it's bad to give candy to little girls you don't know? They put people in jail for that all the time. Practicing for your future profession, are you?”
 
Tanny looked like she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her, and to be honest, Samantha couldn't really blame her, either.
 
“S-sorry,” Pete muttered and hurriedly backpedaled.
 
Tanny waited until the boy was out of view before rounding on her father, her hands balled into tight fists at her sides. “Dad! Why did you do that? That was humiliating!
 
Kurt shot her what should have been a quelling glance. It didn't work. “He just gave me a piece of gum because he bought the last pack of that flavor!”
 
“And I've told you not to take candy from people you don't know,” Kurt reminded her.
 
She wrinkled her nose. “It wasn't candy. It was gum.”
 
“Does it have sugar in it?” he countered.
 
She shrugged.
 
“Then it's candy!
 
Tanny swung her head around, silently imploring Samantha for help. She knew better. These arguments—always about boys or candy or both—never, ever ended well, as far as she was concerned, and if Kurt wanted to pick the fight, then he was on his own . . . “Look, Ainsley! Let's go see Mickey Mouse!”
 
Kurt watched her go with a very loud snort before turning his attention back to his adolescent daughter. “You're only ten,” he muttered with a sigh. “Humor me, will you?”
 
Tanny rolled her eyes but relented. “Well, I guess you did bring me to Disney World . . .”
 
Kurt broke into a little smile. “Does that score me a couple cool points?”
 
“Maybe,” Tanny allowed. “One or two . . .”
 
Kurt chuckled. “You want some cotton candy? It's on me . . .”
 
“Can I get two?” Tanny asked grudgingly.
 
Kurt nodded. “All right: two.”
 
She finally smiled then, and while she didn't reach for his hand like she used to when she was littler, she did walk beside him to the window in the side of the store. Kurt bought three bags, though, since he knew well enough that Tanny wouldn't really want to share her candy with her baby sister, and that was all right, too. He hadn't really wanted to share his cotton candy with Caroline, either, had he . . .?
 
It struck him then . . . That spring so long ago . . . he'd been promised a trip to Disney World back then, but they'd never made it. Somehow, it seemed right that he bring his girls here, instead.
 
Tanny dashed over to Samantha, holding out the bag of purple candy that he'd bought for Ainsley—he could only hope that Samantha wouldn't let the girl have all of it, but even then, he supposed that it would be all right. Samantha dug a large hunk out of the bag and handed it to the baby, who was wailing inconsolably from her frightening introduction to a seven foot tall talking mouse. The candy calmed her instantly, and Samantha smiled at him.
 
“You're my hero,” Samantha giggled as she slipped her arms around his waist.
 
“Well, I do try,” he deadpanned, grasping the handles of the stroller and pushing the child along. Tanny walked on his other side, babbling about the different rides she swore she'd talk her father into riding with her . . .
 
And the skies so high above were blue, painted here and there with a touch of fluffy white clouds. In the distance, he could see miles and miles of Disney World, and it wasn't frightening or distorted . . . he no longer felt as though he were simply existing, going through the motions of living. Samantha . . . she'd given him a reason, hadn't she? Reasons and smiles and laughter . . .
 
“Come on, taijya,” Samantha prodded, snapping Kurt out of his reverie.
 
He chuckled and smiled down at her, his little demon. “Where are we going?”
 
She didn't miss the sparkle in his eyes and giggled as she leaned up to kiss his cheek, everything about her as welcoming and comforting as it had been from the very beginning. “Everywhere, Kurt,” she whispered. “Everywhere.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
August 18, 2008.
11:42 a.m.
 
~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~= ~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~
A/N:
Thank you once more for all your support, and please do join me for Purity 9: Subterfuge. The first few chapters plus prologue have already been posted, and I'll start posting new chapters next Monday, so enjoy!
http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/151286/
== == == == == == == == == ==
Reviewers
==========
MMorg
Mokeyseemonkeynodo ------ oblivion-bringr (you can send fanarts to suericfanfictions@gmail.com )------ theblackthorn ------ Sesshomaru4Kagura4ever ------ sheastarr334 ------ bert8813 ------ malitiadixie ------ x siesie x (I'm glad you've enjoyed it, I hope as much as I enjoyed writing it!) ------ AtamaHitoride ------ Sovereignty ------ CandyEars ------ darkangel05 ------ ginger75125 ------ Jester08 ------ OROsan0677 ------ Dark Inu Fan ------ iloveanimecartoons ------3427 ------ DonthatemecuzImbeautiful
==========
Forum
tragic-hellion ------ Mangaluva ------ bert8813 ------ cutechick18 ------ ai_Artista ------ OROsan0677 ------ laura.beth
==========
Final Thought from Kurt:
Everywhere, huh? That's okay
==========
Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in Vendetta): I do not claim any rights to InuYasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.
 
~Sue~