InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Queen of Hearts ❯ Kagome's Heartache and Inuyasha's Decision ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Queen of Hearts
by: kleine-kiko
 
 
A/N: Hi, this is my baby. It's the first fanfiction I have on this website, but not my first fanfiction. Feel free to tell me why you hate it, or love it, I don't care as long as you're willing to review. Enjoy! ^ ^
 
P.S. I don't own any of Rumiko Takahashi's characters, but I do love her work. You should check all of them out sometime. ^ ^
 
CHAPTER ONE: Kagome's Heartache and Inuyasha's decision
 
~@~@~@~
 
Kagome had waited, but Inuyasha had never come to get her and take her back to the Feudal Era.
 
She had been angered by the actions of the hanyou and had fled to the only sanctuary she had—home in her own era; in her own home, with the people she was sure she knew loved her.
 
But she still sat in her room waiting for Inuyasha to come, and when he didn't, Kagome's heart was broken.
 
She had spent the better part of the first night crying to sleep and hiccoughing awake—only to repeat the cycle of crying.
 
Kagome knew Inuyasha didn't know of her feelings for him, nor did she expect him to care or reciprocate them if she ever told him. After she reached the final conclusion concerning Inuyasha, Kagome stayed home from school the next day, which wasn't a big deal with her attendance record, so she could lie in bed cuddling her pink covered pillow.
 
For a week Kagome's depression continued to grow and become more apparent, yet Inuyasha had still not come to get her—or even visit. Inuyasha was all her thoughts were on.
 
She had changed into a kind of misanthrope, hating the company of others.
 
Kagome's actions reflected her misery, she cried and moaned, refused to move, and hadn't eaten. After the week's end, Kagome was pale, withdrawn, and her cheeks had sunken in so they jutted out sharply.
 
She had become increasingly moody, but no one dared to mention that. Even her mother had gone to extreme measures to avoid running into Kagome while doing housework. Souta had taken up the habit of sleeping on the couch to avoid passing Kagome's room.
 
Grandpa, being semi-senile, hadn't even noticed the change in Kagome's behavior…
 
~@~@~@~
 
In the beginning, Inuyasha had been planning on retrieving Kagome the day after she left.
 
He had been by the well the entire day she was gone, and, as he was about to jump into the well, Kikyo decided now was the time to make an appearance, it would be yet another attempt to keep Kagome away.
 
“Inuyasha…” she trailed off, knowing Inuyasha would follow her like a trained guard dog.
 
Inuyasha had already smelt Kikyo before she had said anything, he tried to ignore her, getting ready to jump into the Bone-Eater's Well, but when she said his name he was lost in memories of the past—and was willing, again, to do what she wanted.
 
“Ki-Kikyo!” he exclaimed lightly under his breath.
 
“Yes, Inuyasha, it is I. I'm here to ask a favor of you,” she said in her cold voice, as her soul collectors swirled around her body of bones and graveside soil.
 
Inuyasha glanced again at the well, wishing to be done so he could fetch Kagome. The gesture hardened Kikyo's heart more against the girl from the future, and while Inuyasha's eyes lingered on the well she called to him sharply.
 
“Inuyasha? Will you do what I ask of you?”
 
Inuyasha fidgeted as Kikyo's cold eyes bored into his own, “Of course, Kikyo. I owe you everything, I can do a favor real quick.”
 
Kikyo smiled and pushed her unbound hair from her neck, exposing the place where Kagome had healed her while she was wounded by Naraku's poisonous miasma.
 
“I want you to stay here, and never bring Kagome into this world again.”
 
Inuyasha stood, dumbfounded. “B-but Kikyo! I need her!”
 
Kikyo smirked, sure she would win the battle waging between her and Inuyasha, “You promised.”
 
Inuyasha opened his mouth and closed it again. Knowing he would never be allowed to go and get Kagome again was almost more than he could bear. Reluctantly, he nodded, and Kikyo won Inuyasha, but she lost his heart in the process.
 
~@~@~@~
 
A/N: Welcome back. I like this first chapter. It was a good ending spot. I love this story, and I'm going to continue it… I need reviews though. If I think you people don't like it because you don't tell me, I'll discontinue it and delete it off of Mediaminer.org, so please review, because I want this story to be one you like to hate or hate to like… I really don't care either way. Please review… NOW! *lol*