InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Raiden no Ai ❯ Summer Sunset ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Here we go. Here is chapter 6. ^_^;

Raiden no Ai

Chapter 6: Summer Sunset


She lay there with Hiten on top of her like a lead weight, enabling her to move. She slumbered lightly. She could feel his slight shifting and slow, gentle breathing with an occasional low moan. When he turned his head, his long silken braid fell gently to his side. Her arm pressed lightly around his well muscled neck. Her other arm lay bent and flung back on the hard, wooden surface of the porch. Slightly below her hand was Hiten's, it gently caressed her wrist.

She could feel Hiten's warm, soft breath hitting her neck at a slow pace. She felt his leg slowly slip in-between hers, dragging a bit of her kimono with it as it lay gently on the edge of the porch, protruding into the air. She heard Hiten moan and shift slightly. She opened her eyes slowly as she saw his face contort. He was waking up. Suddenly, the fear began to stir up inside of her. She liked him better when he was sleeping.

Slowly a small yellow butterfly fluttered and landed on the back of his head. Akina remained still and she felt his body seem to come to life once more. Akina let out a small gasp as her eyes widened and sparkled with fear in the sunlight. She felt Hiten's grip push down on her arm as he sluggishly arose.

His weight on her arm hurt, but she only made a small face in agony. She had been through worse. Being slammed on the floor by Manten was worse then that. She felt the pressure being lifted off and she could feel her body inflate itself and winced at the pain.

She gazed at Hiten's sleepy face, wondering what he would do to her. Hiten's eyes opened half way, then fully.

"Hn?"

Akina stared into his calm, red eyes in fright.

"What are you doing, wench?!" Hiten asked as he shrunk back in surprise, almost falling off of the porch.

"Um...You were threatening me, and you were so tired you just passed out on top of me..." She trembled. Hiten sat up and looked at her. This wasn't a look of malice or hatred. It was, in fact, a kinder look. At least, not completely kind. More like calm, but not exactly happy.

Akina slowly sat up. There was enough space between them for Manten to sit. They stared at each other for a while, neither of them seeming to show any emotion about the other. The yellow butterfly had ventured from Hiten's head to Akina's kimono. She gazed down upon it. It was flapping it's wings wearily as it crawled slowly and eventually it stopped with it's dusty yellow wings laid to it's sides.

"So." Hiten began.

"Yes, Hiten?" She asked.

"What's your name?" Hiten asked.

"Imasu Akina." Akina raised her head up and stared at Hiten.

"I see."

" Can I ask a question?"

"What?"

"Are you going to kill me? Or perhaps let me live?" Akina became saddened. " It's not like it matters, I cannot return. They'll know I am a killer..."

"Is it such a bad thing?" Hiten cut her off.

"It is when you are a human." Akina replied. "I live in guilt, knowing that I have slain one thousand people to spare my own life. A river filled with human tears could not bring them back and could only measure to how I feel about this course of events."

"Why would you cry for them?" Hiten asked. "They are just a bunch of filthy humans who didn't care about you."

"But..."

Akina's words were cut off by a glare that seemed to say, "I'm not finished talking. Shut up." Akina did so and did not want to trial the youkai's anger.

"You think that they wouldn't have shoved you in front of them, telling us to take you and spare their own lives?" Hiten asked.

"I don't know..." Akina looked down. She didn't know anything about what had happened that day. All she knew was at one instance she felt as if she was flying upside down. She remembered waking up, seeing Manten stirring his hair potion. She tried to hide from him, but he found her, and so started her relationship with the mighty Raijuu brothers.

Hiten, on the other hand knew what had happened that day. The people of the village gave her up. They told them that she was the most beautiful maiden in the village and they could have her as long as they were not harmed. Of course Hiten was not one to keep that promise and lied to them, destroying the village afterwards. Akina was the only survivor.

She sits there, saddened by their death, but they cared nothing for her. Why would they give her up so willingly if they did? Surely they would have put up a fight.

Akina was clueless as to what actually happened. She could only have a little hunch or assumption about what had happened that fateful day when she was in the grasp of the Raijuu brothers. She didn't take her gaze off of Hiten. Why did she care about them so? They are already dead and she cannot turn back the past. She should get over it, but her guilt would not let her. She knew that she couldn't do anything about it, but she felt as if she took full responsibility for what happened to them.

"I don't know why I care, Hiten. Perhaps my conscience is getting the better of me." She trailed. "Hiten..."

"What?" Hiten responded, looking out of the corner of his eye at her.

"Nothing."

"Akina, I don't know why, but I look at you as more then a captive. I don't think I'll kill you, but you must do as I say." Hiten was not looking at Akina.

"Oh, Domo Arigato Hiten-sempai!" She beamed.

"Hiten-What?" Hiten asked, wrinkling his face at the comment. No human had ever called him that. Akina looked normal. She hadn't realized what she had said.

"What do you mean Hiten what?" She asked.

"You called me Hiten-sempai." He said, looking very confused.

"That's funny. I don't remember calling you that." Akina stated, looking into Hiten's eyes. Their crimson beauty swirled around in confusion.

"You sure?" She asked again.

"What?! How dare you ask me that!"

"I'll take that as a yes." She said nervously as Hiten growled.

"Hmpf..." Hiten smiled arrogantly.

Time passed as the day went on and Hiten and Akina became semi-friendly towards each other. At least Hiten was calling Akina by her proper name, and strangely so, it lifted some of her fears. The end of the day was approaching, and the sky had become red-orange with the sun setting in the background. Akina gazed at the sky with its' fiery shades of orange and red.

"The sky is so beautiful." Akina said as she leaned against of the pillars that supported the structure of the building. Hiten was leaning against the other one.

"Yeah it reminds me of all of the villages Manten and I have destroyed." He said, putting his arms behind his head.

"Yeah..." Akina replied with little enthusiasm.

Hiten looked back at her. He didn't act badly when he was by himself, and now that she had talked to him alone. He was actually not as harsh as he seemed. Hiten arose and walked over to Akina, his cloth shoes making the floor of the porch creak. He sat beside her, their bodies almost touching. Akina and Hiten turned to look at each other at the same time. Their eyes met. Akina gave Hiten a slight smile and turn of her head.

"Watch the sunset with me?" She asked.

"I've got nothing else better to do." He shrugged.

"It's so comforting..." Akina said.

"Yes, the sun sinking down, letting darkness take over, just as the storm clouds block the suns rays as they come fourth and consume the land in a whirl of rain, lightning and thunder." Hiten said.

"Darkness that consumes everything, even one's life." Akina said sadly.

Hiten looked back at Akina.

"Are you saying that because of me?" Hiten asked.

"I thought you didn't care how I felt?" Akina asked.

"I was just asking, give me a break." Hiten huffed.

"Ok, I will give you a break Hiten. Besides you did spare me, so I should be happy, right?" Akina smiled.

"You owe me." Hiten smirked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Here we go, done with another chapter! R&R!