InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Raiden no Ai ❯ A Smile of Happiness ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hello once again. Time for my weekly updates! Chapter 26 is here so have no fear! Wow, I’m getting into some more fluff, as Akina is tending to Hiten’s wounds. So now we are getting into one of the intense part, the recovery part.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

Chapter 26: A Smile of Happiness

Akina began to remove Hiten’s clothes.

She held his torso close to herself and gently removed his armor and mass amounts of decorative ribbons and feathers that adorned his attire. Then she proceeded to remove his shirt. The girl was careful around the laceration, trying to remove it as carefully as she could gently and slowly pulling it from the cut.

The clothing was stuck in the cut, some of it deeply. As the red haired maiden pulled the blood soaked cloth gently out of the cut, the black haired man on bottom hissed and groaned in pain.

Once Akina had gotten all of the clothing and bits of armor that had been pushed in by the Tetsusaiga. A few tears filled with pain managed to escape the youkai’s crimson eyes.

He could, shortly after, feel a cold cloth gently wipe away his tears. It felt cold, as if the gentle rain itself was washing away his tears and purifying his soul with it’s gentle wave as it fell.

The dark haired man calmed down and his breath began to subside and he let out a contented sigh.

The red haired girl gently touched the rag to Hiten’s vulnerable skin. The chill of the cold water sent shivers coursing throughout Hiten’s body. It was rubbing his raw and tender flesh around his wound and made him hiss and wince in pain. Once the pain was so intense that Hiten had brought his shaky hand up to Akina’s hand and gripped her wrist.

“H-Hiten-sama..” She whispered.

Hiten turned his head to the side and let out a few huffs of breath.

“I know it hurts, but you must let me finish. You might not get better if you don’t let me clean your wound out.” Akina whispered gently to the youkai, calming his soul a bit. Hiten’s breathing slowed and he just lay there, content and solemn.

Akina couldn’t help but let her eyes wander at Hiten’s physique. She had remembered when she first saw the muscled exterior. That fated day in the hot springs. The day when he said that he could love her. The day they had shared so many moments together, and the day that changed their lives.

She remembered the ups and downs of their relationship, and how she used to be so afraid of the Raijuu Brothers and their wild, untamed nature. The red haired maiden had wondered what she was thinking back then. The two thunder youkai were nothing more then two unhappy demons who longed to be understood. Sure, they hated humanity, but there was good reason.

Humanity caused them to grow up in a hostile environment and molded them into who they are, or were now. They had made them think they were heartless bastards who longed for nothing more then pain, misery, death and destruction. Their youkai instincts play a part as well, but humans helped make matters worse.

Akina wrapped the bandages gently and slowly, slightly elevating the thunder youkai’s body off of the ground so he wouldn’t have to roll over. Soon, after the bandaging was done, she held him in her arms for a while, cradling his body gently.

He had fallen asleep...

He needed it.

** Rest well, Hiten-sempai. ** Akina thought to herself, still holding him. ** Everything will be all right now. **

She looked over at the Raigeki-jin which lay slightly beside him in two pieces.

Her glance then returned to the sleeping youkai in her arms. She was happy that he loved her, and wanted to make up for any lost time that the two of them had not shared. Akina could feel his cold skin against her, and the rise and fall of his body with every breath.

Hiten’s breath were small though, shallow and barely notable at all. Every once in a while, he would have a breathing complication and cough up some blood. Akina was wondering if she had done something wrong to the wound, or if the blood was just the remainder of that which had run up in his lungs.

She had finally laid the youkai down on the futon and propped his head up with a small pillow. the fiery haired girl then covered him with a few blankets and sat on her knees beside of him, undoing his braid and letting his long, raven hair flow freely around him, like a black abyss.

** Poor Hiten... ** She thought to herself as she watched him laying there, almost as if he were dead.

She looked at one of the hands that lay on top of the blanket. The girl put her hand atop his and could feel him flinch at the warm contact. She could hear a faint whisper emit from Hiten’s mouth.

“Akina...”

“Yes?” Akina replied in the same tone, afraid that she had waken him, and blushing slightly.

Hiten lifted his hand above hers, and gently held it, and for once in his life, he actually smiled in content and maybe even happiness.

“ I’m not alone anymore....” He replied in that same wisperish tone.

“You’re smiling, Hiten.” Akina beamed. She had longed to see a happy Hiten for a long time.

Ever since she had met him, she had only seen him smile one other time that she could remember out of happiness. The other smiles were from him getting his way or being malicious and evil.

His eyes slowly opened and he turned his head slowly to her, it laying on the pillow on it’s side.

“You’re too kind to me...” He replied, even oddly enough in a kind tone.

“Because I love you.” Akina told him back.

“Even after all of the things I’ve done...I killed your village and your family...” Hiten replied, almost seeming sorrowful about it.

“None of that matters now. What matters is that you get some rest. “

“You...Forgive..me?” Hiten’s eyes widened.

He was shocked...

Shocked that she had forgiven him.

But why?

Why would she forgive him?

She was just sitting there, seeming so content with what he had done in the past...It was almost as if it didn’t matter to her at all...Those lost lives didn’t matter.

Nothing did...

Did he have that much of an effect on her that she would feel so emotionless towards the deaths of her own family?

“I can’t go back. You know that, Hiten.” She spoke up, looking into his eyes, trying to decipher what he was thinking. “My family would have cast me out for such a horrible deed anyway. It’s not like the village would welcome me back with opened arms even if it still existed. But I don’t care, I love you and nothing will change that, Hiten.”

Hiten swore a small smile on his face and gently drifted back off to sleep, but this sleep was a peaceful one, filled with a new found feeling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, that was a long chapter, ne? I added one more page to it because some of my other chapters seemed shorter. I still have more to come, and more fluff, angst and good old fashioned romance. I hope you’re enjoying my little fic so far.

Please R&R and thank you so much for making this one of my most popular fics! I’ll put up a thanks page when I’m done, and don’t forget to check out the sequel as well!