InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Random Thoughts ❯ Hands Down ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hands Down
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Dashboard confessional…or anything else. Oh well…
Breathe in for luck, breathe in so deep, this air is blessed, you share with me
This night is wild, so calm and dull, these hearts they race from self control
Your legs are smooth, as they graze mine, we're doing fine, we're doing nothing at all
Inuyasha and Kagome were curled up together under the stars in a clearing a little ways away from camp. They had fought Naraku that day and won, but not without a price. Kagome couldn't go back to her time, and Inuyasha was bleeding from several different wounds that wouldn't heal. They bandaged him up, but he was still bleeding profusely. Miroku and Sango were at the camp with Shippo and Kirara. Miroku's wind tunnel was gone, but seeing Sango is pain over Kohaku made his wounds hurt even more. Sango was crying over Kohaku's death, but she was still happy that he was away from Naraku. Shippo and Kirara had only suffered slight wounds. Everything was still in the air tonight. A great evil had been destroyed, but what was going to happen to them all now?
My hopes are so high, that your kiss might kill me.
So won't you kill me, so I die happy?
My heart is yours to fill or burst, to break or bury,
Or wear as jewelry, which ever you prefer.
Inuyasha pulled Kagome closer to him, even though his wounds protested it greatly. “I love you Kagome,” he whispered in her ear. She shivered. He was dying. She could feel him slowly slipping away from her. More tears flooded her already tear filled eyes. “I love you to Inuyasha,” she cried. She turned over to hold him in her arms. She wanted to hold him tight so that he could never go away. He leaned in a little and kissed her nose. They sat there holding each other. Both lay there in a pool of his blood, holding each other till the end.
Hands down this is the best day I ever remember
I'll always remember the sound of the stereo, the dim of the soft lights
The scent of your hair that you twirled in your fingers
And the time on the clock when we realized it's so late
And this walk that we shared together
The streets were wet, and the gate was locked so I jumped it, and let you in
And you stood at the door with your hands on my waist
And you kissed me like you meant it
And I knew that you meant it, that you meant it, that you meant it
Inuyasha smiled, he knew it would be alright. That they'd meet again in the next life. That love like theirs could never die. He died that night in her arms. She didn't. The next day he was buried under the sacred tree. The well opened for a short time and Kagome jumped in. She cried. On a rainy day, one year after Inuyasha died, Kagome ran into someone. He was tall and had long silver hair.
“Inuyasha,” she breathed unbelieving. “I don't know how, but I came back to you. This time I'll never leave you!” They joined in a long awaited hug. Kagome cried. Sota, who had been watching the entire time looked up at his mother.
“Did we do the right thing?” Sota asked. His mother stared down at him and then looked over at Kagome. She then stared at the little jewel that began to fade away in her hand. She nodded and spoke softly, “Yes Sota, just don't tell her we used the jewel.”