InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Random Thoughts ❯ Inu vs. Cherry Coke ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Inuyasha vs. Cherry coke
While Kagome was at school, Inuyasha had to wait around at the shrine. Kagome's mom had insisted that Inuyasha stay and help around the shrine. When his chores were done, they took a break. He followed Mrs. H. into the kitchen to get some ramen. She went to the large ice box, or refrigerator, and got out some cokes for them to drink while she fixed ramen.
“What's this?” he asked. He already knew about the different sodas, but he never saw one with English writing on it.
“It's a cherry coke. Sota's friend from school went on a vacation to America and brought it back with him. He let us have a box,” Mrs. H. explained.
Inuyasha had heard about America from Kagome, but he didn't know whether or not he trusted it. He popped the top and sniffed. It smelt somewhat like cherries. He hesitantly took a sip. He licked his lips and took another drink. His eyes popped open wide and he guzzled down the rest of the coke. He thanked Mrs. H. for it and asked for another. After three cans, he was as hyper as a squirrel on crack.
Kagome trudged up the steps to the shrine carrying a ton of homework. She sighed, `I wonder how Inuyasha is doing? I know he wanted to come with me but I just couldn't let him follow me.' Kagome got to the top of the stairs and her jaw dropped. There was Inuyasha and Grandpa sitting on the steps singing Happy Birthday. Only problem was, it wasn't anyone's birthday. Kagome walked forward a little before Inuyasha howled.
“KAGOME!” he screamed. He ran and jumped on her like a dog greeting its master. He just sat there on top of her and bombarded her with a thousand questions. “KAGOME! Where were you? Why did you leave me behind? How was your day? Did you have fun? Did anyone bother you? Did you get hurt? Kagome, you look afraid. Why are you afraid? Tell me right now who hurt you and I promise I'll kill them. Kagome, what's wrong? You don't look okay? Are you really sick this time? Do you need some rest? I'll make supper for you if you want? How's ramen sound? Ramen, Good?” All of this was spoken so fast Kagome started to get a headache. She would've yelled sit, but he was right on top of her.
“INUYASHA! PLEASE SHUT UP!” she screamed. He crawled off the top of her and put his bottom lip out and flashed his big eyes like a puppy dog. He looked so sweet that Kagome couldn't resist petting him.
“Kagome, Happy birthday to you,” Grandpa started singing. Kagome walked through the front door with Inuyasha following behind on all floors. If he had a tail, right now it would be stuck between his legs.
“Has Grandpa been drinking?” she asked her mom. Mrs. H. slowly nodded yes. She was sitting at the table with her head in her hands and she looked sick. “Mom, what's wrong?” Kagome began to get worried.
“Oh, nothing, I guess I shouldn't have given Inuyasha those cherry cokes. Sasuke was right, they are deadly,” she said. At that time Inuyasha jumped up and kissed Kagome on the mouth. Kagome was in complete shock, her mother was too. Inuyasha broke off the, very passionate, kiss and looked into her eyes.
“Kagome,” he whispered. She nodded, not quite knowing what else to do. “I'm sorry; can I have some more cherry coke?” She was just about to yell sit when he kissed her again. He kept kissing her till she promised she wouldn't yell sit. Finally he crashed and fell on the couch asleep.
“I am never letting him drink cherry coke again,” Kagome fumed. Her lips were red due to all the kisses. Her mother looked at her and smiled a weak smile.
“Neither am I. He kissed me till I promised him I wouldn't tell you that he broke your alarm clock again,” her mother stated. Kagome stared in awe, shock, and anger. “Of course he wouldn't let me tell him I wouldn't tell you. He just kept kissing me, over and over and over.” Kagome hit the table with her head, hard. “I know sweetie, here have a cherry coke.”
Inuyasha's head popped up from the couch and he tackled Kagome for the coke.