InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red and Black Roses ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red and Black Roses
 
Chapter Two
 
By ~Alilangel
 
Sesshomaru blinked at Kagome. At first it didn't register what she had said. She was dying? How could that be, she had always been a healthy, active person running or walking at least three miles twice a week. That was one thing that had attracted him to her as he had also been a fitness `maniac.'
 
Taking a sip of his cappuccino, thoughts running wild through his mind, he asked her “What are you dying from?”
 
“I have a brain tumor,” she replied moving her gaze to the cup in her hands. She didn't want to see his eyes as it would be her last undoing.
 
Sesshomaru frowned at the news; those were tricky to deal with. “How long have you had it?”
 
“About six months. It's grown at an amazing rate and unless I get it taken care of quickly I'll die within the year. That's where you come in Sess. I need you to take it out. Please I'm begging you.” And with that Kagome broke down into sobs.
 
Sesshomaru was bewildered for a second and then quickly grabbed the edge of Kagome's chair and pulled it toward him and then gathered her in his arms. He started to stroke her hair softly and murmur reassurances. It was out of character for him but then Kagome had always been able to bring out something in him that he had kept hidden.
 
Finally after a few moments of comforting Kagome pulled away slowly wiping tears from her eyes and muttered a “gomen.”
 
“I'll help you. We'll need to do a CT scan and an MRI and then after I look through your files this Sesshomaru will schedule your surgery date. Now where are you staying at? I have decided that I will escort you home.” Sessomaru said pulling her up with him as he through a tip on the table and led her outside.
 
Kagome gave him directions and mentally prepared herself for the next surprise on Sesshomaru's list. He definitely was not going to be happy at what she had kept from him all these years.
 
Sesshomaru led her to the hotel that she was staying in and wrinkled his nose in disgust. The smell was enough to make him want to throw up and it didn't help when he saw a dead rat in a corner of the room. It was a run-down place that was not fit for her to stay in, especially in her condition. He would rent her a room at a different place he decided.
 
Kagome led him to a room and brought out her key and unlocked all the while giving him an expression of longing, regret, and love? He was bewildered. What was she trying to convey to him? He would soon find out.
 
In it was a small hallway that led to a main room that you couldn't see except for a chair in a corner. Then out of nowhere a pair of feet was heard running and then a chorus of “Mommy!” was heard. Kagome had kids and one looked exactly like him.
 
“Kagome what is the meaning of this?” Sesshomaru hissed in anger at her.
 
“Sess meet your son Daichi and your daughter Rin.” Kagome said as she pulled the two children to her side. Daichi was about 4'7 and had white hair to his shoulders along with the golden eyes that the males of his family were noted for while Rin was 4'5 and had ebony hair about the same shade of Kagome's and the same color eyes as hers. They both looked to be around eleven. There was too much of a coincidence that they had to be his at least the boy but he would have a paternity test done. He trusted Kagome but nowadays it was easy to change someone's appearance.
 
“Momma? Who is this?” Rin asked shyly as she peeked around her mothers' leg. The man looked like her twin brother and she was curious as to why.
 
“Kids I'd like you to meet your father.”
 
A/n
 
Daichi means “great first son” and I looked up Rin and it means “cold” that is totally out of character. Anywayz RRR and sorry for the shortness but I was out all day and wanted to get another chapter up for this story. The next chapter will be 2000 words or more.