InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red Eyes, Warm Heart ❯ Instincts… ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket Disclaimer:

Inuyasha, and the characters therein, are the property of Rumiko Takahashi. I am in no way affiliated with Takahashi, or VIZ Productions.


========================

Original post-date: 01/06/06



New A/N:

Well, it’s that time again. Time to update my old ‘rust bucket’ stories into something that more closely resembles my current level of standards. Even though the premise of this story falls into what I would now consider an ‘off-canon’ category, I’m leaving most of the major details unaltered. It’s not my intention to rewrite all of my oldest stories from scratch, but merely to update and correct them, eliminating any lingering errors while just generally sprucing things up. So while I have definitely made several adjustments, the underlying concept of this story has remained unchanged, in that Inuyasha goes ‘animal’ whenever he transforms, forgetting himself and those around him. The ‘mate’ concept is also remaining the same, a fandom favorite and certainly not my invention. I am now making Kagome the canon age of fifteen in this story, instead of the almost-eighteen-year-old she had previously been. This story may be off-canon but it’s not that off-canon, or at least not any longer. This is an ‘early’ story, meaning shards are still out there and Kikyou is still alive, though it doesn’t really take place during any specific timeframe of the canon. Well, I take that back; it does take place after the confrontation with Gatenmaru, the moth-youkai who led those human bandits Inuyasha slaughtered. His concern at the end of that arc was that the next time he transformed, he might just use his claws on Kagome. Little did he know he would end up coming after her with a different part of his body…



Original A/N:



~WARNING~

This chapter contains a somewhat violent lemon. Is it rape? We'll let Kagome decide...






``````````````````````






Chapter 1 – Instincts…






Still vibrating, Tetsusaiga rested several feet away, lodged in the bark of a nearby tree, while the youkai responsible for sending the blade flying merely stood by and laughed, completely unaware that it had just sealed its own fate, as it slowly approached the tired and bleeding inu-hanyou.

```

Blinking in a desperate attempt to catch up with current events, Kagome found herself completely helpless as she stared on in silence at the carnage before her, having run out of arrows twenty minutes prior. Unable to put the poor oni out of its misery via purification, all she could do was watch from the sidelines as the fully transformed Inuyasha gradually sliced the beast up into more manageable pieces, which he then sliced up again, the creature’s persistent cries only fueling the inu-youkai’s bloodlust all the more. They would need to clean up the remains with a shovel and trash bag, the miko thought in passing, as she turned to gaze in the direction from whence they came, praying that their friends would arrive soon.

They had been separated.

Responding to a desperate request for aid, the inu-tachi had arrived in the village to discover the horrid creature wrecking havoc. Riding upon Inuaysha’s back, Kagome had attempted to bring it down with her arrows, when she and Inuyasha had taken off after the beast when it’d fled into the forest. It was a twisted, horrid thing, standing the same height as a man, but possessing a body that more closely resembled somebody’s botched science project. A good description would be a cross between Quasimodo and Elephant Man. It was also powerful, and had given Inuyasha a run for his money, literally. They were to be financially compensated for taking down this oni, thanks to Miroku’s negotiations prior to accepting the mission, not that Kagome could find herself caring one way or another as the battle continued to grow more fierce, Inuyasha ordering her to stay out of the way when her arrows ran dry as he took the brunt of the attacks himself.

It wouldn’t have been a problem had he not managed to lose his grip on Tetsusaiga. When the oni had managed to get him in a chokehold, Kagome had known Inuyasha’s life was not in danger, but she had still been worried all the same, and for good reason. Now, that worry only continued to grow as she flinched with every cry of pain that echoed throughout the forest, the former hanyou showing his enemy no mercy.

In a last ditch effort to save its sorry, misshapen hide, the youkai bolted in that moment, taking off in the opposite direction from which Kagome had been hoping to receive reinforcements. Inuyasha was quick to follow, completely forgetting her for the time being, his mind focused on a single thought: kill.

Without allowing herself the time necessary to think things through, Kagome immediately fell into step chasing after them both, having no intention of letting Inuyasha out of her sight in his current condition. Fortunately, it didn’t take Kagome all that long to catch up to them, or him, rather, since there was no them by the time she arrived in the small clearing.

The oni’s body laid splayed open nearby, clearly deceased. Stepping around a couple of trees, she discovered Inuyasha crouched at a small stream, apparently washing the blood from his hands. At the familiar sight, Kagome presumed that Inuyasha must have returned to normal, though she quickly learned that that presumption was in error.

“Inuyasha, there you-”

Kagome froze mid-sentence when Inuyasha suddenly whipped around to face her, his face still distorted with purple stripes and blazing red eyes.

Damn it, why didn’t I retrieve the Tetsusaiga?!

“Inuyasha?” she murmured gently, hoping her words would reach him. “The danger’s gone now, come back to me, please.”

She didn’t dare use the rosary without having his sword to quickly give back to him while he was down. Sure, the subjugation command alone had worked to reverse his transformation the first time, but they were getting more and more powerful, and more and more dangerous, every time they occurred. Slowly reaching out a hand to him with the hope that a little kindness would have his bloodlust cooling on its own, he flinched back at her gesture, all the while staring at her like he didn’t recognize who she was or what she was doing. But despite his current frame of mind, Kagome held her ground, holding her hand out for him to sniff like a wary dog, which she realized, in a way, was precisely what he was.

After a moment that took less than a minute, yet seemed to last forever, Inuyasha approached her slowly, sniffing at the arm outstretched before him. His mind had been reduced to the simplest of functions.

Threat? he questioned himself as he sniffed.

No, not threat, he realized, when he could tell that her scent held no hostile intentions.

Prey? he questioned himself next, but then realized, No, not prey, when he also couldn’t smell any fear.

Her scent was familiar to him; he knew he knew it, even if he couldn’t recall from where. As he looked at her, she seemed concerned, caring, and her scent held…love.

Mate, he concluded then.

Approaching her position without fear, Inuyasha walked right up to her, stopping only inches away, inhaling deeply to seek confirmation that she was his mate. She was his. She had enough of his scent on her to indicate prolonged physical contact, even though no mating claim seemed to be present. So, she was his chosen, but they had not actually mated yet. Why? Something must have prevented it. Perhaps something else had been a threat to their coupling? Yes, the youkai he had killed, it had been a threat. But then he remembered hearing her speak to him afterwards, and suddenly the words began taking shape as he replayed them in his mind. She had said that the danger was gone, asking him to come back to her. He would take her now.



Kagome was relieved, at first, when she saw Inuyasha make his approach, because she could tell that his posture held no hostility. Inuyasha would never hurt her, right? When he deeply inhaled her scent, she tried her best to make sure she remained completely calm and relaxed, hoping her familiar scent would coax him back into his hanyou form. But Kagome suddenly found herself feeling a twinge of something…uncertain…when his red eyes did not shift back to gold, but rather, he bared his fangs at her in a twisted grin, audibly proclaiming “Mine.” in a gravelly voice that was wholly not his own.

“Inuyasha?” Kagome squeaked out nervously.

At first she was terrified that he wanted her jewel shards, which she had on her in the little glass bottle she usually wore around her neck. Reaching for him with her outstretched hand, hoping her kind influence would help reverse his transformation, he seemed to hesitate for a moment, but then suddenly grabbed her arm, yanking her to him by the wrist before placing both of his clawed hands upon her shoulders, holding her firmly. So much for her touch reversing his transformation. His grip was tight, but not painfully so, and Kagome couldn’t help the small spike in her scent upon the contact. Part of her was scared, most definitely, but another part of her was also excited, her body reacting to his touch and verbal claim of its own accord. If it wasn’t the jewel shards he was after, then he had to have meant that she was his, hadn’t he?

He leaned in then, his mouth mere inches from her throat as he ripped her blouse enough to expose the junction where her neck met her shoulder. Coming upon the chain holding her bottle of jewel shards, he pinched it between his claws until it snapped, dropping away from her throat as well, though he made no effort to claim the bottle Kagome hesitantly raised a hand to catch as it dropped within her shirt.

What… what’s he doing?

Suddenly, she felt it, his hot breath on her skin replaced by the burning sensation of piercing fangs, and it sent a shockwave of sensations throughout her body. Part of her, the logical, modern day city girl part, was telling her to run, to get away, because there was a crazy youkai attacking her. But yet somehow, she knew deep down inside that he wasn’t attacking her; months of traveling in the Feudal era had taught her a thing or two about youkai instincts. If Inuyasha had truly wanted her dead, then she would not still be alive, contemplating the present scenario, so even as the pain flooded through her, even as she felt Inuyasha begin drinking her blood, she took comfort in the knowledge that, apparently, he didn’t want to kill her.

After the initial bite, it didn’t take long for his touch to become more gentle, which not only had Kagome relaxing further, but it soon began sending shivers down her spine, as he licked and suckled at the puncture wounds on the right side of her neck, using his saliva to stop the bleeding. She heard him growl then, a low vibration from deep within his chest that succeeded in rattling her to her very core.

Coming out of her haze as Inuyasha finally pulled away, Kagome blinked a few times to clear the fog from her mind before focusing on his piercing, almost hypnotic gaze. His eyes were still red, his transformation still in full effect, but for some reason, she got the distinct impression that it wasn’t bloodlust he was feeling any longer, but a whole different type of lust. When he passionately grumbled the word “Mate…” in that same gravelly voice of his, she knew she was right.

Oh boy

Kagome thought quickly in that moment, and immediately decided against trying to resist him, because though he didn’t want to kill her so far, that could change if he suddenly perceived her as a threat. Whatever he was planning, whatever his specific intentions, she would comply. As he continued to rip off her clothing and it became clear his intention was to have sex with her, right then and there, she couldn’t help the fact that somewhere in the back of her mind, part of her was actually turned on by his actions. Kagome also realized that her arousal was only going to add fuel to the fire, as she was sure he’d be able to smell her getting wet for him, and in his present state of mind, he was certain to take it to mean that she wanted him. Of course, the truth was that she did want him, though she had always dreamed he would be in his right frame of mind when they made love. She had never once envisioned their first time being anything like this, him raping her while crazed in his full-youkai state, unaware of what he was doing. But it wouldn’t be rape. She wouldn’t allow it to be. It was only rape if she didn’t want to go along with it, if she tried to resist, asked him to stop, or only consented against her will because she felt she had no other choice. While it was true she had no other choice, that minor detail didn’t matter to the miko because she wanted him, and from the way he had just called her ‘Mate’, it proved that he wanted her too…right?

He certainly had no interest in the jewel shards that fell along with her uniform top and bra to land in a pile of shredded cloth by her feet. Kagome was pulled back into the here and now when she felt his claws graze her skin as he worked, as he removed the last articles of clothing from her body. Well, he stopped at her legs, leaving her shoes and socks intact, but they were not in his way and therefore didn’t need to be removed. Ridding her of her blouse, skirt and undergarments, his claws had sliced her skin more than once, and it’d hurt a bit, though she didn’t think he had done it on purpose, especially when he started licking the superficial wounds, sending shivers through her body once again.

If she hadn’t been aroused before, she certainly was now, as he ran his tongue up and down her naked body, soothing the heated marks caused by his claws. The miko almost found herself wishing that he would trail that teasing tongue of his elsewhere when he suddenly pulled away, allowing her mind to scramble itself back out of its haze one last time. While admittedly having no idea what to expect next, she was more than a little surprised when he suddenly pulled back the baggy right sleeve of his kimono before chomping down on his own arm, shoving the bleeding appendage in her face with the obvious intent of having her drink his blood.

He just drank my blood, so does this mean…?

If this meant what she thought it meant, then it was a very big, irreversible step that she should probably give herself more than ten seconds to think about, not that the inu-youkai before her was all that willing to dawdle, as he growled at her before raising his arm even closer to her mouth. Well, she had just sworn to herself that she would comply with whatever he wanted, right?

I wonder if I’ll become a youkai myself, like some sort of vampire thing… she mused in passing, before carefully, cautiously, taking the proffered wound into her mouth, voluntarily beginning to drink.

Immediately, Kagome felt a surge of demonic power rush through her as the magical youkai properties of Inuyasha’s full demon blood took effect. She would not become a full youkai herself, or even a hanyou, but consuming his blood to complete the mating bond would give her some youkai-like abilities, like heightened senses and rapid healing. As the bond between them was finalized, the power of his youki transferring itself into her body increased her lifespan, her strength, her instincts, and her arousal. Suddenly, Kagome found herself biting down even harder onto the arm still held between her teeth of her own free will, subconsciously trying to take even more of him into herself. She had never felt anything like it, but the only way to describe it was that she could feel him. She could sense his emotions, or emotion, rather, considering that in that moment he was only feeling one emotion, namely lust. The love for him she’d always felt had also transferred itself into him when he had drank of her blood, the magic of his own youki being all that was needed to ensure her blood affected him the same way his did her, and deep down inside, that love touched his human half. While his human side remained subdued, his full-youkai transformation remaining in effect, being bonded with Kagome now prevented Inuyasha from getting too rough with her, as he then planned to take her more gently than most youkai normally would have, understanding that he needed to be careful of her human body, and of her feelings. Were she suddenly to resist him, he would not fight her on it, not now that they were already bonded. She was his mate regardless of whether or not they completed the actual act of mating.

Though that wasn’t to say he had any intention of delaying their physical joining so long as she remained cooperative.

The miko’s clothing having been reduced to rags scattered in the dirt, Inuyasha took that moment to begin removing his own clothing, growling hungrily in approval when his efforts were joined by a second set of hands. Kagome eagerly assisted Inuyasha with the removal of his wardrobe, pausing to admire his body when his last vestiges of clothing were cleared away to reveal the fact that he was already hard. While she’d seen him naked a couple of times on accident in the past, he most certainly had not been aroused at those times.

Damn…she mentally exclaimed in appreciation.

His pubic hair was white, although she had already known that. What she hadn’t known was just how much of a ‘grower’ he apparently was. He was large, much larger than what statistically passed for ‘average’, though the miko supposed it was probably a youkai thing. His entire body seemed almost too perfect, as she thought about it, as she studied him. It almost made her self-conscious regarding her own appearance.

In passing, Kagome began feeling nervous again, though only because she knew it would hurt. The first time was usually supposed to hurt anyway, and taking into consideration he was over nine inches long… Kagome only prayed that he wouldn’t slam into her too brutally, even though she was mentally prepared for it thanks to the youkai blood now flowing through her veins. She was also prepared to forgive him for it when he was hanyou again. Kagome knew that they were connected now, forever, and she didn’t want to start off their new relationship by hating him.

Fortunately, thanks to her love for him that he’d felt when he’d consumed her blood, when Inuyasha sensed her rising nervousness in that moment, it touched him. Holding her close, instead of immediately proceeding with the mating, he began licking and suckling at his mark on her neck until she once again relaxed against him.

Kagome felt herself being lowered to the ground in that moment, so wrapping her arms up and around Inuyasha’s back, she held on tightly, unwilling to lose contact with him as he sat her down. Inuyasha moved with her until she was on the forest floor with him lying on top of her, and then to Kagome’s utmost surprise, he didn’t enter her right away. Instead, the transformed inu-hanyou brought his mouth to hers, kissing her on the lips for the first time throughout the entire encounter. She responded immediately, kissing him back passionately, despite nicking her lips on his elongated fangs a couple of times. While it was true she was still feeling the effects of his blood transfusion, the miko was mostly driven by the passion of her own desires, everything she’d felt for him for the last few months finally pouring free after being bottled up for so long.

As his fangs continued to graze her tongue and lips she paid no attention, but when he vacated the vicinity of her mouth to deliberately, albeit gently, nip around her cheeks, chin and neck, leaving only the tiniest of pink spots that did not draw blood, the miko retaliated by planting love bites of her own on whatever parts of him she could reach, including cheeks, neck and shoulder. Instinct unexpectedly took over when her mouth reached his neck, as she suddenly found herself chomping down harder than she’d intended, though even with her power boost her human teeth still weren’t strong enough to pierce through his own tougher than normal, full-youkai hide.

Upon feeling her bite down on his neck, Inuyasha responded by bringing his right arm within reach, and she accepted it hungrily, biting down into the already tender flesh of the mark he had helped her create, relishing in the taste of his blood. After a moment, Kagome vaguely realized how her own higher thinking process was slipping just out of reach, as her newly acquired animal instincts rose closer and closer to the surface, but instead of fighting it, the miko let go in that moment, allowing her lust to consume her.

As Inuyasha took a breast into his mouth, delicately for a youkai, Kagome arched her back, pushing herself towards him. He carefully grazed his teeth across her hardened nipples, switching back and forth between the two fleshy mounds as he placed additional love bites all around each breast, washing over the few exposed trickles of blood that beaded to the surface with his tongue. Lowering himself further down her body, Inuyasha left a trail of ecstasy in his wake as his fangs and tongue put Kagome’s body into sensory overload; finally, he reached his destination.

Kagome was already wet, but he quickly went to work at making her even wetter, as he explored her vigorously, causing her body to shake and shiver underneath him, as she dug her fingers into the earth at her sides to keep from convulsing out of control. His little love bites brought her even more pleasure, as he teased her, leaving her center to graze his teeth up and down her inner thighs before returning his attention to the junction between her legs. Knowing enough to keep his fangs away from her most sensitive flesh, he extended his tongue out toward her, flicking it rapidly across her swollen nub. Kagome’s brain was still working well enough to be aware of one very important detail, that being the name of her mate, as she came, screaming out “Inuyasha!” at the top of her lungs.

He climbed up her body then, looking into her eyes. Velvet brown met fire red as he gazed down at her lovingly, hungrily, lingering traces of both her blood and love juices coating his lips before he stuck out his tongue, savoring the taste as he licked his lips clean.

“Kagome…” he grumbled low in a deep, husky voice.

Despite her current lacking in more advanced inner monologue, somewhere in the back of her mind, Kagome registered that important bit of information, tucking it away to be recognized at a later time. He was aware it was her he had claimed, Kagome, and not Kikyou. Deep down inside, the inner beast within truly recognized her for who she was. When he had called her ‘Mate’, it was not because he had confused her for his former love. He chose her.

With the grip on her shoulders suddenly increasing, the tips of his claws breaking the skin as a signal to obey, it only took Kagome a moment to comply with his unspoken command once she realized he wanted her to rise up to her knees. He then grabbed a hold of her shoulders again, pulling her forward, until she got the hint and quickly put her arms out to rest her palms flat upon the ground, standing before him on her hands and knees. Standing on his own knees, he made his way behind her then, gripping her backside firmly once he reached his destination. The sensation of him plunging deeply within her without pause, breaking her maiden barrier in a single painful thrust, was enough to bring the miko halfway back to reality, as she heard herself yelp before grumbling out the best inu growl her human throat could pull off, subconsciously knowing that Inuyasha would understand the growl to mean that he’d hurt her.

When did I learn to speak dog?

He stilled his hips immediately, despite his libido’s protests, a whine escaping his own throat that she recognized as an apology. Slowly draping himself over her back until he could reach her mating mark, Inuyasha then gave her mark a gentle nip to encourage fresh bleeding, suckling and licking tenderly while simultaneously holding his right arm stretched forward so that she could reach his mark as well, as she too drank in more of him.

The pain faded away almost instantly, as she began feeling warm and fuzzy all over, arching herself backward, pushing against him to wordlessly acknowledge that he could continue. He pulled out slowly, deliberately torturing her with pleasure as he sheathed himself back within her core at an agonizingly slow pace. Within seconds she was thrusting herself backwards against him in an attempt to hasten their movements, and he immediately complied with her wishes, rapidly increasing the speed of his strokes so that within mere moments he was pounding into her with all the power of his youki, the only sounds to escape Kagome’s throat those of approval.

Having retracted his arm from her mouth at the same time he backed away from the mark on her neck, Inuyasha gripped her hips tightly as he kneeled straight behind her, neither of them noticing when his claws dug into her flesh as he assisted with slamming her backwards in time with his forward thrusts. When he finally reached his release, he howled like a creature of the night would bale at the full moon, slamming into her one last time and holding his position deep within her as the knot at the base of his shaft expanded and hardened, his seed spilling deep into her core as nature locked them together.

Kagome didn’t try to move away from him, instinct somehow telling her that she couldn’t. Inuyasha was frozen again, his body once again flung over hers like when he had apologized for hurting her upon his initial entry, only this time, instead of aggravating the mark on her throat, he began to lick over it in a way meant to clean and heal it for good. Reaching blindly behind herself, it didn’t take Kagome long to grab a hold of his right arm, and bringing the bite mark he had helped her create to her own lips one last time, she too went to work cleaning and sealing it, her human saliva granted the ability to do so thanks to the new youkai blood in her system.

She could feel his erection continue to pulsate within her, and as her higher brain functions began to return now that the haze of passion was clearing, Kagome gradually realized they were locked together in the canine fashion.

Well, he is half inu-youkai…full inu-youkai, at the moment… she reminded herself, as she wiggled her bottom a tiny bit in an attempt to get more comfortable.

As she felt him continue to fill her with his seed, Kagome silently thanked her mother for having insisted that she go on birth control. Not that she didn’t want to have Inuyasha’s babies…er, pups, but not while they were still roaming the countryside hunting for both Naraku and the jewel. She and her mother had had ‘the talk’ not long after she’d first decided to accept her karmic destiny in the past, having to collect the shards of the jewel she had accidentally shattered. While she had hardly liked Inuyasha all that much in the beginning, or so she had thought, Kagome’s mother had been able to see something in Inuyasha from the first moment she’d met him. The pills had just been a precaution, but they had been a wise one. While they were a little controversial, they were easier than fussing over condoms in Kagome’s case.

Condoms definitely wouldn’t have worked… the miko mused, wiggling her bottom once more. It wasn’t painful having him locked inside of her, but it was a little uncomfortable.

She was pulled from her thoughts when she felt Inuyasha shift above her, his gentle grip on her shoulders encouraging her to lean backwards with him. Complying, Kagome soon found herself temporarily pulled into a sitting position in his lap, before he then laid the two of them down sideways so that they rested both spooned and locked together upon their sides on the forest floor. To an outside observer, it would almost look as though they were simply snuggled together, Kagome backed into Inuyasha as he protectively wrapped his arms around her, his face buried in the crook of her neck. Except of course for the fact that they were both still naked, and that every few minutes his hips gave a marginal roll forward as he rode out the last few pulses to wash over his body.

After a moment, the miko found herself growing increasingly tired, and considering there wasn’t anything else she could do at the moment, anyway, she quickly decided to allow sleep to consume her, having zero doubt in her mind that Inuyasha would keep her safe. Though it wasn’t only random youkai of the forest that had her concerned for their current vulnerability. Her last coherent thought before sleep took her was a silent prayer to whoever would listen that their friends would not find her and Inuyasha in this ‘position’.