InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red Moon ❯ Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1 Memories
Kagome sat on the bench outside the ER doors. She was looking around but she could not see or hear the traffic or hustle and bustle of everyday Tucson life. Her mind was in the past.
Flashback
Sango ran up the driveway to see an anxious Kagome. It had been 2 years since she was in Tucson. Her father was a fighter pilot for the Army and had to move quite often. Kagome was 15 and eager to go out and see how much her town had changes. “KAGOME” squealed Sango enveloping her in a tight hug. “I can't breath, Sango I need to BREATH” laughed Kagome. “OMG, you have finally grown up Kags.” “Yeah, Yeah, I know. How have you been. It seems like ages since you came to Fort Sills for Spring Break.” asked Kagome. “Lets talk and walk ok, I have some friends who want to meet you.” “Ok, let me tell Mom I'm leaving. I'll be right back.” Kagome ran inside the house to find her Mom. “Mom I'm leaving, do you need me to pick anything up from the store?” “Kagome quit yelling, and no we have everything we need, have fun and be home by 11pm.” With a quick kiss and hug, Kagome ran out the door and down the driveway to meet up with Sango.
“Sango I don't remember it being so hot, We really need to go swimming.” “That would be nice, let me see when Inu will be home, he has a sweet car.”giggled Sango. “Who is Inu?” “Oh, you haven't met him yet, he is Roku's cousin. They should be back in town tonight.” mused Sango. “OK, Who is Roku” Kagome was getting confused. She didn't recognize any of the names Sango was saying. Sango just giggled “Kagome I wrote and told you all about them. Didn't you get my letter before you left Oklahoma?” Looking even more perplexed “Nooo, we left a week early to go see my Nanny in Arkansas. I will probably get it sometime this month. You know how slow the mail is, especially being in the military.” replied Kagome
Sango motioned for her to sit on the park bench. “Ok, lets see, I met Miroku “Roku” about 3 weeks ago. Our band was playing at a company picnic. I had actually caught him going through Amaya's duffel bag. He claims he thought it was his cousins.” giggled Sango. “Anyways, we talked for quite awhile and he asked me out. I was tempted to say no, but the look in his eyes, I couldn't say no. When he came and picked me up, he introduced me to Inuyasha “Inu” his cousin.” “Sango why did he bring someone on your first date with him.” Kags asked. “Thats the funny part.-hehe- Miroku is one year younger than me so he didn't have his license yet.” “What!!! Are you robbing the cradle” snickered Kags. “NO, he is more mature than most of the seniors at our school. Anyways, Inu had to drive us around. He is really sweet and very sexy.” replied Sango looking up at the clouds with stars in her eyes.
End Flashback
“MOM” yelled Josh and Seph as they run up the entrance of the hospital. Kagome looked up to see her boys and Sango running to her. She stood and opened her arms to hold them while she tried to speak. “Hey guys, I need to tell you something. Lets go inside.” “Mom, were is Dad?” asked Josh. Kagome motioned for them to enter the hospital. “Lets go inside first, ok” was her whispered reply. Not liking the sound of her voice or seeing her eyes downcast and dull, they reluctantly complied. She opened the door to the consultation room Doc. Leon had shown her. They all made they way to sit around the small table to await what Kagome had to say. Looking up and trying to make the words come out, Kagome let tears fall. “Mom, weres Dad?” Seph asked. Taking a deep breath, Kagome slowly told them what Doc. Leon had told her. “There was an accident today, Inu was brought here by ambulance, Doc. Leon said there was nothing he could do. His Spleen was ruptured, one lung punctured and he had bleeding in his brain. They said he died on impact, but they still tried to revive him.” Kagome whispered through her tears. Josh and Seph just sat there looking at her, not believing. “Mom weres Dad?” they asked again. Kagome looked up at them. “They have him in ICU. We can't see him until the Doc. comes back to get us.” Joshua stood to leave. “Please Josh stay with me, don't run.” begged Joseph. Joshua was the one to run, not being able to deal with any type of crisis. He always ran. Kagome stood up and hugged Josh. “Please son, stay with us.” “Mom, why didn't you do something, did Dad hate us, did he not want to be with us anymore. Why Mom Why did you let him go?” yelled Josh. Kagome stepped back struck by the words coming from her son. “Josh, No Dad Loves you both, he would never hurt you on purpose. Please son sit down.” pleaded Kagome. “NO, why did you let this happen, why didn't you stop him, why couldn't you go to his office for lunch instead of him coming home all the time, WHY MOM WHY?” screamed Josh as tears ran down his face. Not able to sit any longer, Joseph stood and looked at his twin. “Joshua don't blame mom for this. There was nothing she could do. Please stay with me.” begged Seph. “I can't” was his reply as he ran out the door. Sango stood and ran after him. “I won't let him go to far.” Sango stated while she was running after him.
Kagome watched as her best friend ran out the door to follow her distraught son. She closed the door and sat back down. “Joseph please don't blame your Dad for leaving us. It wasn't his fault. I should have met him at the restaurant like he asked.” Kagome whispered. “No Mom, don't blame yourself. It wasn't either of your fault. It was who ever caused the wreck.” replied Seph in a to calm tone. Joseph was always the calm one, the one to see things no one else could. Kagome always thought he was older than his young years. He was never one to cause trouble and was a straight A student. Kagome pushed him to be more open and free but came to the conclusion that was not him.
Doctor Leon opened the door slowly, he hated this part of his job. Walking to the table with Kagome and Joseph watching every move he made. Not ready for the words to come out. “Ms. Bates I need to ask you a few questions. Are you up to it?” “Is anyone ever up to these questions Dr. Leon.” Kagome asked with downcast eyes. “No, I guess not, but we need to know what funeral home you wish us to contact.” asked Dr. Leon. “I don't know of any funeral homes in this area. Do you have a list for us to look at.” asked Kagome. “Mom, why don't you call Uncle Sess. He knows everyone around here. Maybe he knows of a nice one.” stated Joseph. “Ok, I'll call him when we get done.” Dr. Leon nodded his head. “When you find one just let us know. Does he have any relatives you would like us to contact?” “No, He was an only child and his parents died several years ago. I will call our friends tonight when we get home. Is there any more questions, we would like to see Inu.” Kagome asked in a whisper. “No everything else can wait until tomorrow. Come this way.” stated the Doc. “Wait, I have to call Sango to see if she caught up with Josh yet. He needs to be with us.”
Sango found Joshua in the park just looking up at the sky seeming to ask why?. “Josh talk to me, please don't blame your Dad or Mom. It wasn't either of their fault. Please baby talk to me.” Sango pleaded. “What is there to talk about, Dad is gone, what are we going to do now? How can we survive? He was the one to keep us stable. Aunt Sango what are we going to do?” asked Josh. “Baby, you can only take one day at a time, and always remember your Dad Loves you and will never leave you. He will always be there in spirit when you need him.” Pulling Josh off the bench Sango motioned towards the hospital. “Come on kiddo your Mom and Brother need you.” They started to walk back when Sango's cell rang. “Hey Kags, I found him. We are on our way back, give us about 30 mins.” Sango said. “Oh, Ok we will try to hurry. Don't go before we get back.” With that Sango motioned for Josh to speed up. “We have to hurry back. They are letting you guys see Inu.” Sango said to the silent teen. They entered the hospital 30 mins after Kagome had called.
OK.....I hate writing sad stuff, but for my story to go the way I want it to go, I have to do this. Please R&R Until next time. Love