InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ The son of Inutaisho ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
 
Chapter 2: The son of Inutaisho
 
 
Who is he? Kagome thought. He looked like a demon, more of a half breed. But that silvery hair, the amber eyes, it reminded her of Sesshoumaru.
`'Who...who are you?'' she asked him, afraid he may hurt her.
`'Who are you?'' he asked in return.
`'Kagome Higurashi, daughter of the emperor of the west''
Inuyasha stopped short. She was one of the Higurashi, the family line that had ended with his parent's life. With a growl that erupted in his throat, he jumped at her, holding her by the neck.
`'YOU! YOU AND YOUR FILTHY FAMILY KILLED MY FATHER'!'' he yelled, full of anger.
`'What....no...I didn't...can't breathe....'' she said between gasps. Inuyasha let go of her.
`'I didn't...kill you father, I don't even know ho he is...''
`'LIAR! You have the Higurashi blood, the ones that ended my father's life!'' he was too hurt to listen to her.
`'Who was your father?'' she asked.
`'Inutaisho, Lord of the West''
Kagome stared wide eyed at him. No wonder he looked like Sesshoumaru! No wonder he said her family had killed his father!
`'Then...then you are Inuyasha?'' she asked. He stared at her, dumfounded.
`'How do you know my name?'' he asked.
`'I know almost everything of you and your family. There are many history books that tell your story, the story if Inutaisho. But books said you died, according to Sesshoumaru, of grief as a child when you knew your father had died, and your mother was killed by Sesshoumaru''
Inuyasha looked away, up to the moon. He remembered that terrible night...the scream of agony. Sesshoumaru. How did she know about him?
`'How do you know about Sesshoumaru?'' he asked the girl.
`'He is still alive, lives close here, he is a very powerful lord'' Kagome answered.
Inuyasha's heart sank. He was alive...? If he found out he was as well, he was dead for sure.
`'Tell anyone of me and I will kill you'' he said with a threatening snarl.
`'Ok'' she said, smiling at the hanyou. He turned to leave, but Kagome reached out for him, holding his wrist. He stared at her in shock.
`'Will you come again? Tomorrow night? I could use some company'' she told him, smiling sweetly.
`'Don't tell anyone you saw me'' he said, and with a leap, he disappeared into the night. She stared at him until he disappeared out of sight, and, cleaning the trails of her tears, she went back to Kohaku, dreading what was to come.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kohaku paced around in the new room he had, waiting for Kagome's return. There was a slight knock in the door, and he went to open it. Kagome was there, with a pair of Kimonos and a brush.
`'You took long'' he said.
`'Sorry, Kieko had moved my stuff, I had to go look for her to ask her where they were'' she explained, hoping he would believe the lie, keeping her promise to Inuyasha. He nodded, and she went to the bathroom to change. No way was she changing in front of him. She got out in her long black nightgown, and hurried to bed. Kohaku got in too, and she feared the worst.
`'If you don't want to do it until we are married, It's ok. I wont force you'' he said, and Kagome felt relief wash over her. She cuddled up in a ball, and fell asleep instantly.
 
 
She awoke, disoriented. This wasn't her room...then she remembered yesterday's events. But she also remembered something: Inuyasha. She dreaded to see him again. It was like an obsession. She ate breakfast with Kohaku, although she wasn't hungry, but she knew if she wasn't eating people would start suspecting something. Kohaku chatted warningly about politics stuff that bored her to death, so she faked she listened, but was on the world in her mind.
`'So, what do you want to do today?'' Kohaku asked her, and she snapped out of her daydream.
`'Well, I usually go to the patio of cherry trees...''she said.
`'Ok, then. Let's go'' he said, and taking her by the hand, he led the way towards the garden. She sat in her bench, he sitting beside her, still holding her hand. He smelled the fresh air, and said:
`'It is nice here''
Kagome simply nodded. She was only thinking of her next meeting with Inuyasha. What she did not know, was that a hidden pair of golden amber eyes were watching her, dreading to kill the one that sat beside her. Who was he to even look at her?
 
`'Kagome, something wrong? You're drifting away since las night'' Kohaku said. Kagome snapped out of it.
`'Sorry, I was thinking...''
`'Of what?''
`'Of...of...I think I'm going to the library to read, if you don't mind'' she said, and quickly got up, heading towards the library. Kohaku sighed. He perfectly knew she didn't want to be with her. What worried hi most was that his patience with her had its limits, and when the limits were passed...he shook his head and went to see his sister, not noticing the growling form that stared menacingly at him.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome ran to the library, feeling safe between the shelter of the books. She thanked nobody was there. She felt ashamed of how she treated Kohaku, but she couldn't hep it. She cursed her father and his stupid ideas. She sighed, and then, gathered all the books that mentioned Inutaisho and his sons, and started reading.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
`'Hello, sister!'' Kohaku said as he spotted Sango.
`'Oh, hello, Kohaku!'' Sango greeted him happily.
`'Can I talk to you for a moment?'' he asked her.
`'Sure'' they headed for Sango's room, and she closed the door behind her.
Sango's room was quite spacious, a big bed with light blue sheets and a pink canopy. Her curtains matched her bed, and were adorned with white flowers. She had a small wardrobe, made of soft coloured wood, and had her own dressing table. She sat on her bed, and motioned Kohaku to sit next to her.
`'so, what is it? How's it going between you and Kagome?''
`'That's what I wanted to talk about'' he said `'she rejects me. We were in the cherry trees patio a moment ago, and suddenly she ran off to the library. And last night, before going to bed she said she had to get some stuff from her room, and she returned ages later, and since then she's been acting weird, drifting off. I don't know what to think, sis''
Sango thought for a moment, and then said:
`'I'll talk to her, see what's wrong, ok? She never hides things from me, I'm her best friend after all'' Kohaku smiled, and left his sister's room, satisfied.
No, Kagome wouldn't hide anything fro me, she thought. How wrong she was.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome, after spending five hours in the library, went to have dinner, for she hadn't eaten lunch. She ran to her room, bathed and changed into the black with red flowers Kimono, and the Crimson ribbon, and combed her own hair by herself, letting it loose. Then he went to the dinning room, and found Kohaku waiting for her, already sitting at the table. She greeted him and sat down. The servants brought food, and she ate a lot, for she was starving. They walked back to their room, and Kagome said before reaching the door:
`'I'm going to take a peek in the library again and take a few books I didn't have time to finish, so I don't have to be coming and going all the time'' and she ran off once more to the patio. She sat in the bench, as always, and waited for Inuyasha to come.She waited five minutes, looking up at the full moon, and then she heard the rustle of leaves. She looked down, and found the awaited pair of amber eyes.
`'You did come!'' she exclaimed happily, and got up the bench, and dragged the hanyou back to it, making him sit.
`'Well, you seemed so eager last night....'' he said. `'By the way, why were you crying last night?'' he asked her. Kagome sighed.
`'because my father, the emperor, wants me to marry my best friend's brother, Kohaku. I even have to share a room with him, and I have to be with him at all times! Thank Kami he hasn't forced me to sleep with him yet...but I don't want to marry him, or anybody! I'm sick and tired of my father, that only cares about reputation, not caring how I feel!'' she burst into tears, letting all the stress of the day flow out with her tears, and she leaned into Inuyasha. Inuyasha stared at her in shock, and pushed her away gently.
`'Don't worry, you'll probably end up loving him...and if you don't want to sleep with him, tell him! It doesn't matter if you're married or not, but he can't force you! You have to maintain your pride!'' his gentle words lifted her spirits up.
`'At least I can spend some time with you now...can you come every night? That way we will not be alone. By the way, I've been selfish, how did you end up here? What have you done since your mother...'' she stopped short. She regretted instantly mentioning his mother.
`'I'm sorry-`' she started to say, but was cut off by him.
`'No, It's alright, I'm over that now, It was a long time ago. I just know that when I left, and my mother was killed, I just used to wander around, hiding from people, for nobody accepted me, for what I am, a half breed, son of Inutaisho or not. I ended up here because I heard of my half-brother, Sesshoumaru, was here, so I came to investigate. I was sitting on the roof last night when I heard you come in the garden, crying'' he said.
`'Who was your mother? They never mention her in the books. But if you don't want to talk about it, its ok'' she said.
`'No, its ok, I don't mind. Her name was Izayoi; she was a princess, daughter of a very important lord. That's all I know really'' he said. `'And your mother?''
`'She died when I was five. It was made to look like an accident, but I discovered my father had poisoned her, for she was seeing another man'' she said. `'Another reason I hate my father so much. I hate him for all he has done; I hate the blood that flows trough my veins. I hate what my family did to yours. I've always hated everything. The only thing I like is this garden'' she said.
`'I'm sorry'' Inuyasha said.
`'No, its ok, as you said. I'm over that too'' then, she remembered she had to return. She bounced of the bench.
`'Sorry, I didn't realize how much time I had been here, I must go, or they will suspect something. Will you come tomorrow night?'' she asked eagerly.
`'I don't know...tomorrow is the new moon, isn't it?'' he asked.
`'Yes''
`'Then, don't come. I will not come'' he answered.
`'But...why? Why on new moon?'' she asked. Her heart sank. If she couldn't see him, she would die.
`'I can't tell you. I'm sorry'' he looked away from her, ashamed. Kagome went by his side. She knelt before him.
`'Just know that you can trust me, Inuyasha. For anything'' she kissed him in the cheek, and hurried off to the library, got the first bunch of books she saw, and ran towards her room.
 
 
In the garden, Inuyasha touched his hand where Kagome had kissed him. Shock was written in his eyes. He thought if he would come. He didn't know. He jumped of the bench, and left.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome burst into her room, finding Kohaku in bed, lying face up, his eyes open.
`'I'm so sorry! I started reading a book to see if I liked it, and when I realized it I had read over a hundred pages! Sorry!''
Kohaku just stared at her. She left the books in her dressing table, and went into the bathroom to change. She got in bed, in a very good mood Kohaku found suspicious, and went to sleep. But Kohaku did not sleep. He passed the night with his eyes open, wondering.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
That morning, when Kohaku woke Kagome up, her good mood had vanished. She could only think of one think.
 
What if he didn't come?
 
They ate breakfast silently, and when the servants took away the food that they hadn't eaten, Kohaku spoke:
`'Kagome, I'll be gone for two days, warrior business in the east. I'll come back as quickly as I may possible. Do whatever you want''
 
Kagome couldn't have felt happier. She said `'goodbye'', and she turned away her head when he had tried to kiss her.
`'Sorry...It's just...''she apologized.
`'It's ok'' he said. And with that, he got on his horse and left at a canter. Kagome hurried to the garden, and she sat in the bench, hoping Inuyasha could be there with her. She heard a rustle of leaves, and looked up hopefully, but instead of Inuyasha she saw Sango.
`'Hello, Sango-chan!'' she greeted her happily, trying to be as natural as possible.
`'Hello'' she answered, a weird coolness in her voice.
`'What's wrong, Sango-chan?'' she asked her.
`'I'm the one that should be asking that''
`'What? What do you mean?'' she asked. Oh no. Kohaku told her something was wrong! She thought desperately, although she showed no emotion on her face.
`'Kohaku is what I mean. He says your distant to him, displeased by his presence'' she said coolly.
`'No, really, everything's alright, its just hard for me to get used to this new life. It's just that Sango. When I marry him everything will be fine, don't worry'' she lied. She couldn't tell her about Inuyasha.
Sango nodded, and getting up, she left without a word. A few minutes passed, when a voice was heard from above.
`'You think they'll find out?''
Kagome tried not to scream, and turned her head up to the tree, to see Inuyasha on a branch, hidden in the pink petals.
`'Inuyasha! What are you doing here in broad daylight? What if they see you?!'' she whispered.
`'well since I saw that kid you have for a husband leave, I though there wouldn't be much risk. I was going to call out to you when your friend came in, I've been here all the time'' he smiled warmly at her. `'How much time will the kid be out, that Kohaku? He asked.
`'Two days! Isn't it great?'' she exclaimed happily. He smiled again at her.
`'I wont be here tonight. I can't, so don't bother yourself coming'' he said.
`'But why, Inuyasha? You can trust me! I haven't told anyone of you, and have no idea of doing so!''
`'I'm sorry. It's something I can't tell. I'm sorry. Until tomorrow, Kagome'' he said, and with that, making sure there was nobody watching, he leapt of the tree, and disappeared in the roofs. Kagome sighed sadly. With anything better to do, she went to the library and spent the day reading.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
She had dinner alone in the dinning room after bathing, and she wore another black Kimono, but this one had a different type of flower print, but it was almost the same. Then, with nothing to do, as pure habit, she went to the patio, ignoring what Inuyasha had said for her not to bother coming. She sat in the bench, and stared into the moonless sky. She was startled when she heard a noise over her head. She looked up, and saw a sleeping Inuyasha. But something was misplaced... she stood up in the bench, and climbed the tree where he was. Then she knew what was amiss. His hair was black, and instead of his dog ears he had human ears.
What's wrong? This isn't Inuyasha...he's...he's human! Suddenly, Inuyasha opened his eyes, that were now a dark brown. In shock, he almost fell off the tree.
`'What were you trying to do, scare the life out me, you wench?!'' he spat at her. Kagome frowned at the insult, but ignored it.
`'What ever happened to you? You're...''
`'Yes, I'm human! It happens every New Moon!''
`'So that's your secret!''
 
 
 
A/N
 
Well, there! Second chapter! Sorry it's short. Please review1 And remember, less than 5 reviews-no more chapters!!