InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Kahei ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 8: Kahei
 
 
Kagome sat in the bench, watching the sun slowly hide itself, giving way to the moon. The wind brushed her hair, and she breathed in the fresh air. Summer was coming in. The cherry trees would keep its pink petals until autumn. She sighed. Her future was uncertain. She did not know what to do. Now that she wasn't engaged, her father would probably find her another husband. She did not want to pass that experience again. And there was Inuyasha. She needed to do something. It seemed her life in her father's house was touching its end. And she was sure of one thing as well.
 
She would not let it happen again. Most women when they were raped or at least a man had tried to they became weak, fragile. Some did not. Kagome had endured since that night. She felt stronger. Next time, next time she would be so fierce that she would not need the help of another person to save her. That weakness was long gone. She heard the characteristic rustle of leaves, and Inuyasha sat by her side, inspecting her.
`'Something wrong?'' he asked her. Kagome did not turn to look at him, and remained silent.
`'Is it for what I did? I already said sorry'' Inuyasha said, and he began to get nervous. What was wrong?
`'No, don't worry about that'' she answered finally.
`'Then? What's bothering you? You know you can tell me'' Inuyasha said, placing his hand softly upon hers.
`'I've been thinking'' Kagome said.
Inuyasha's heart started beating quickly. He feared the worst.
`'No, don't worry, I'm not leaving you. On the contrary'' she said, and relief washed upon Inuyasha.
`'Too many things have happened. I've been all my life stuck here. And it will only be a matter of time until my father finds me another husband. And I'm sure of one thing. I won't let that happen. Not again. Not like with Kohaku. I'm sick of being weak'' she said, a hidden anger showing in her voice.
Inuyasha did not speak, waiting for her to continue.
`'So, I made a decision'' she said finally.
`'What?''
`'You can't stay here for too long. It's dangerous for you, and it is also for me. My life in this place has ended'' she said.
`'What does that mean?'' Inuyasha asked, seeing where she was going.
`'I'll get ready. Learn to ride a horse. It will be necessary. Learn to use weapons. And we will leave. Far away from here. Some place in the country side would be nice'' she said.
 
Inuyasha widened his eyes in shock. Since that night, he realized the girl had endured. It made him love her even more.
`'I could look for a house while you train. But who will show you?'' he said. Kagome finally turned to look at him.
`'The real Kahei. Remember I used that name to cover you up, in the ball? He still lives here, in the palace. He'd do anything for me. And I'd do anything for him. He has been the only person that has cared for me in all my life. That was until you came, of course'' she said, and kissed him.
`'Is he in love with you?'' Inuyasha asked.
`'He always has been. But not in Kohaku's way, or Koga's. Not the kind of love we have. Its something different'' she said.
`'Well, you do your training, or whatever it is you want to do, and I will look for a place far from here. That means I won't be here in a while. A week should be enough'' he said.
Kagome embraced him, and he held her closer.
`'A big sacrifice. But it will be worth it. You'll see'' Inuyasha said, and they kissed passionately. They got up, and kissing once more, he jumped to the roof, disappearing as the sun finally disappeared.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome returned to her room, only to find Kikyo waiting for her.
Now what?
 
`'Father wants to see you. Immediately'' she said in her cold expressionless voice, and left. Kagome sighed, and went to her father's studio.
 
 
She knocked on the door, and stepped in. Her father was sitting in his desk, but there was a girl she had never seen next to him.
`'You called for me?'' Kagome asked.
`'Yes. Two things I have to tell you. First, since you somehow managed to get rid of your husband, I have arranged you a new one. He is delighted with the news'' her father said.
 
Great.
 
`'Who is it?'' Kagome asked. She begged for it not to be Koga.
`'Your friend, Kahei'' he said.
Kagome's heart lifted a bit. That was good. More time to train, and at least he would treat her well. And they knew each other.
`'And the second thing. This is Rin, a new maid. Kieko will no longer be your maid, and will be replaced by Rin'' he said.
 
That's good too. She seems my age and all.
 
`'Go now, and take Rin with you'' her father said, and she turned to leave, with Rin behind her. Once they were out, Kagome sighed.
`'I'm sorry they took your other maid because of me, lady'' Rin said.
`'No, it's ok really. I never liked Kieko anyways'' she said. Rin smiled behind her.
`'Your father said we should look for Kahei'' Rin said.
`'No problem. I know were to find him'' Kagome simply said.
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome left Rin in the room she had next to the new one that was assigned to her, not far from her own. It was very much like the one she had with Kohaku, but this one had the window facing a different patio, were an old oak grew. After leaving Rin, she went to the stables. Kahei was a horse lover, and probably the best rider in the west. He always liked to be with the horses when night fell. And, precisely, he was there, stroking his black horse, Shun. He was an excellent horse, of blue blood, tall and very strong. Its coat was dark black, and he had very long mane and tail. Kahei was a tall and very handsome man, with dark brown eyes and straight black hair that reached his shoulders, always picked up in the warrior style. He usually wore a red armour that covered his chest, arms and legs, and his sword always in his belt. Kagome walked in the stables, and Kahei smiled when he saw her.
 
Kagome walked next to him, and stroked Shun's muzzle.
`'I'm sorry, Kagome. But I couldn't say no to your father'' he said instantly.
`'It's ok, I suppose'' she said.
`'And after what happened with that other runt, Kohaku...I swear I would kill him if he wasn't dead already. How dare he'' he said, anger in his voice. `'I know you don't want to get married with me. Have one thing in mind, Kagome. We may be married, but the relationship we have had trough the years will never change. I understand how you must feel''
`'Thanks, Kahei'' Kagome said, and embraced her old friend. Kahei smiled.
`'You are almost like my little sister'' he said, when they separated.
`'And you like a brother. Kikyo hasn't been a good sister, if you ask me'' Kagome said.
`'Kikyo doesn't even seem to be from this world''
 
Kagome laughed.
`'Can I ask you a favour?'' Kagome said.
`'Sure''
`'I get bored here, so I thought you might show me how to ride and use the sword'' she said.
He laughed at her.
`'Sure thing. Funny things you ask me'' he said. Kagome smiled. If she was to miss someone when she left, it was Kahei.
`'We can start tomorrow. It's best riding in the morning and sword in the evening. That's how I trained. You can ride Shun, a little exercise won't do harm on him'' he said, and went over a bucket and got a carrot out, giving it to his horse. Shun ate it happily, and he looked at them when he finished, like saying `'Give me more''. Kagome laughed.
`'Come on, it's late. Let's go to sleep'' Kahei said, and they went to their room. They laid in bed, separated from each other, and they fell asleep.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha observed Kagome a little more before completely leaving. He discovered she was now engaged to Kahei. He knew he would not harm the girl, that she was safe. So, he left, to find a home for him and Kagome.
 
 
 
A/N
 
Well, there you go, another chapter. I'm sorry they're short, but that makes it more interesting, and that way you'll have more chapters to read. Enjoy and please review, cause really my hit rate has gone over 800 and I only have 17 reviews, so I have a bit of a major depression now. It makes me think you don't like my story!!!!
 
Answers to reviews:
 
Petpeeves12: lol, as the usual. Poor Koga has no brain. And poor poor Sesshoumaru. And sango.
 
Shoppingurl: gee, thanks!
 
Green Animelover: thanx!