InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Kahei's goodbye ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 10: Kahei's goodbye
 
Kagome cantered swiftly trough the forest, riding a panicking Shun, while Inuyasha ran by her side. The flames engulfed everything, chasing after them. An arrow sped trough the darkness and it burned Kagome's flesh. Inuyasha leaped and with a swing of claws killed the man on the horse. More surrounded them. There was no escape but to fight their way through. Kagome got her sword out and the blade cut the head of a man. His horse whined and ran away, escaping the never ending flames. Inuyasha sliced to more men with the fang, Tetsusaiga. There were only two left, which persecuted them trough the burning forest. Kagome cut trough one's chest, as Inuyasha finished the other with his claws.
`'Duck!'' Kagome yelled, and sliced a man that was about to kill him. There seemed to be no more, and they fled the burning forest, watching its life slip away. They were now on an open field. There was a house far away.
`'That's it, come on!'' Inuyasha yelled, and Kagome cantered as fast as possible. They arrived at the house, and Kagome fell of Shun. She had lost much blood. Inuyasha ran by her side, and took out harshly the arrow in her shoulder.
`'Kagome! Don't do this! You have to resist!'' Inuyasha yelled in desperation. They hadn't made it this far too now let her die.
`'Watch out!'' suddenly yelled Kagome, and her sword flew next to Inuyasha, and a dead body slumped next to him. Inuyasha turned around, only to see an army waiting for them.
`'Forgive me, horses'' he said, and slammed Tetsusaiga to the floor, yelling:
`'KAZE NO KIZU!''
 
Men and horse flew of into the night. There was no one alive left. Inuyasha put Tetsusaiga in its belt, and turned to Kagome, only to see her in the arms of Kohaku, who was supposed to be dead, with his sword on the girls neck.
`'Watch your lover die'' he said, but before he could move, Inuyasha grabbed the blade with his hand, and blood flew trough his palm. He pushed it away, whining in pain, and his claws killed once again. Kagome slumped to the floor. She had lost too much blood.
`'Kagome!'' he yelled, picking her up in his arms. A shadow appeared out of nowhere, and Inuyasha found himself in the floor, a blade stabbing trough his chest.
`'Inuyasha!'' yelled Kagome. He slumped on the floor, dead. She saw Koga behind her dead lover. She grabbed her sword, and slit her throat, before anything else could happen.
 
 
`'Kagome wake up!'' someone yelled in the distance. Kagome sat up instantly, her body covered in sweat and her face covered in tears. Her heart was beating so fast she thought it would break through her chest.
`'Kagome, are you alright?'' Kahei asked again, worry written in his face. `'You screaming in your sleep'' he said.
`'Inuyasha...where is he! Inuyasha!'' was the only thing she could say. She was panicking, and gripped Kahei's clothes. Suddenly, the window was yanked open, and Inuyasha was by her side.
`'What happened to her? I heard her screaming!'' he asked Kahei as he approached the trembling girl.
`'She was dreaming. She called for you'' Kahei said.
`'Inuyasha!'' Kagome said in a gasp, and threw herself at the hanyou, gripping him firmly in her embrace. Tears were flowing out of her eyes. Inuyasha held her closely, caressing her hair.
`'It's alright, I'm here, I'm here...'' he kept on repeating, until she stopped shaking.
`'I'll leave you two alone. Kagome can come down to ride when she wants too'' Kahei said, and exited the room.
`'Kagome, what's wrong?'' Inuyasha asked the girl in his arms. He could smell the fear in her. It made him sick. He hated it, panicked him to see her like this, all he wanted to do was comfort her, make the fear and the tears go away.
`'We...fire...forest...an arrow hit me...the fire...men chasing us...dead bodies...yelling horses...pain...I saw...I saw you fall...dead...I killed myself...'' she burst into tears again. Inuyasha held her closer, kissing the top of her head.
`'I'm here. Everything's fine. It was just a dream. Just a dream'' he repeated over and over. Kagome looked up at him, trails of her tears all over her face, which he cleaned with his finger, and couldn't help but kiss her tenderly.
`'Are you feeling better?'' he asked the girl once they separated from their kiss.
`'I'm just glad you're alive'' she said. She got up, helped by Inuyasha and went into the bathroom. She cleaned her face, and got dressed. When she came out, Inuyasha was gone.
 
 
That morning, she learned basic techniques of jumping with the horse. It was quite fun, and it made her forget the terrible nightmare. In the evening, she continued practising with the arrows and Miko powers. When she at last returned to her bedroom, the hot water felt like heaven. She put on the white Sakura kimono with the purple ribbon, and after having dinner, she ran trough the dark halls until she reached the patio. Inuyasha was sitting in the bench. She approached him, and he got up, grabbed her by her waist and pulling her to him, they kissed passionately, tongues dancing together. After that, he picked her up bridal-style and jumped to the tree branch, placing the girl on his lap; her head leaned into his chest. The moon's light fell upon them, playing with their faces. They kissed once more, tongues brushing against each other, lips untied, body against body. But, surprisingly, it wasn't enough this time.
`'What's happening to us?'' Kagome asked.
`'We need to leave'' he said, kissing her once more.
`'Tomorrow is my last day of training. Tomorrow night we shall leave. I can't wait'' Kagome said.
`'Patience'' he said. He brushed his lips against her neck; she rubbed his dog ears, capturing his lips in hers. He moaned into her mouth.
`'I should go. I need sleep to have energy for tomorrow'' she said. `'You should get some sleep too'' she kissed him goodbye, but before she could move, she found herself flying in the air. A moment later, she was on her bed. She laughed at Inuyasha as he jumped out the window. Kagome changed, and went to sleep.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
That morning, in her riding class, she did everything she had learned. With a little more practise, she would be a perfect amazon. In the evening, she practised with both sword and arrow.
`'When are you planning to leave? Today has been the last day of your training'' Kahei asked her at dinner, after they had both bathed.
`'Tonight, when midnight falls. Its better to flee in the shadows'' Kagome answered. Kahei's face grew paler.
`'Tonight...?'' he said. Sadness gripped him.
`'I'm sorry, Kahei. But you have to help me'' she said.
`'Of course. Anything for you, Kagome'' he said. Kagome got up, and embraced her friend.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha waited in the stables, hidden next to Shun's stall. Tomorrow was the new moon. He sat there, waiting for Kagome. Soon, voices were heard. He knew the voices too well. He smiled and sat up to greet them.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome had gathered all her kimono's, brushes, the little jewellery she had, and her ribbons, that was all she possessed, and put them in a travelling bag. She had the riding clothes on, with a black travelling cloak. She also had her sword in her belt, her bow and arrows tied to her back. They went in the stables. Inuyasha was already there, waiting for them. Kagome got Shun out, trying to make as less noise as possible while Inuyasha was in the entrance, making watch. Kahei helped Kagome put on Shun's bridle and saddle. He tied Kagome's bag and a few things that she would need for the horse's care in the saddle. She exited the stable, holding Shun's reins. She urged Inuyasha to hold the horse, and she embraced Kahei.
`'Goodbye, Kahei. Thank you so much, for everything. I will never forget you'' she said. Kahei then, without notice, kissed Kagome briefly on the lips. Inuyasha started growling.
`'Sorry. I just wanted to kiss you before you left'' he said.
 
Kagome got on Shun, and Kahei kissed the horse's muzzle.
`'Take good care of them, Shun. I will never forget you. You are the best horse in the world'' he said. Shun pushed his head against Kahei.
`'Go fast. Avoid roads, and try not to pass near villages. I'll do the rest'' Kahei said.
`'Goodbye, Kahei'' Kagome said.
`'Goodbye, Kagome'' Kahei responded.
 
And with that, Kahei's lonely soul watched them disappear into the night, Kagome cantering with Inuyasha running by her side. Kahei sighed. His horse and his love had disappeared, along with his sword, that he had given to Kagome. Now, all that he had left was her memory. But, no matter what, he would do anything for her to be safe and not found. Even die.
 
 
A/N
 
Well, took me long enough. I feel so bad for poor Kahei. But, ah well. It was meant to be. Please tell me what you think, ok? I'll try to update soon.