InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Fight for Freedom ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 11: Fight for Freedom
 
Even die.
 
 
The cold night's air was hitting Kagome, making her cloak fly around her. Shun cantered faster than normal, he did not understand what was happening. Inuyasha ran by her side, and the horse seemed quite alarmed by this strange human that could run faster than him.
 
They soon reached the forest, and Kagome feared. Shun bolted back, making her loose her balance, but she calmed the horse down and did not fall. Inuyasha smelt her fear.
`'Nothing will happen'' he said simply, and entered the dark forest, followed by Kagome and a nervous Shun. The trees whispered as they passed, telling old stories that were forgotten, leaning into the darkness. The wind played with their leaves, and a shiver went up Kagome's spine. The cantering became faster, and Kagome and Inuyasha were both silent and watchful. They could not risk anything. Inuyasha's ears twitched.
`'They're coming'' he said simply. Kagome got her bow and arrows out, trying to keep balance as she readied an arrow. She suddenly shoot it into the night, glowing a bright pink, and a scream was heard somewhere, and a whinny of a horse. Inuyasha looked at Kagome in surprise. She was a good shot.
`'Duck!'' she yelled suddenly. Inuyasha jumped out of the way, as an arrow flew past him, and another man fell to the floor dead.
 
Kagome tied her bow in her back again and drew her sword. No way she was letting her dream come true. She sliced a man's head that was about to kill Shun, and she heard another man yell, only to see Inuyasha had sliced his chest open with his claws. He drew Tetsusaiga out, and killed another two men. A whistling sound cut trough the air, and Kagome barely missed an arrow aimed to her heart.
`'Bastard!'' Inuyasha screamed, and the man was dead.
`'The horses! Get all the horses!'' Kagome screamed. Inuyasha did not understand why, but he ran to collect all the horses that had tried to escape in fear. He tied them all with a rope that Kagome had given him, and threw it to the girl. She tied it to the saddle, and the horses followed her, trying not to bump in any trees or get the ropes stuck, for they had some common sense to now that if that happened, they would fall. Their primary objective was to escape.
 
Kagome kept killing men that came to kill her, and catching all the horses with the help of Inuyasha. Finally, they exited the forest, that they had left with dead bodies flashing the forest crimson. They counted the horses. They had almost twenty horses.
`'How did the bastards knew so soon?'' Inuyasha asked.
`'Those weren0't from the palace'' Kagome said.
`'Who then?''
`'Bandits, I think. They always terrorize the people of the town at night, and are said to love in the forest. Now, all that's left of them is their dead bodies in the forest. And we have horses'' she said, and smiled warmly to the hanyou she loved.
`'Let's go'' Inuyasha said, and started running again. Kagome followed him with the horses following behind.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
They travelled through all the night, heading north-east. The sky started clearing up, and the cold grew. They were passing trough an enormous field, that was covered in yellow flowers. There was a lake between the mountains in the distance, and a very pretty house, not very big but nice al the same, next to the field.
`'How much further?'' Kagome asked, who was starting to feel very tired.
`'Right here'' Inuyasha answered with a smirk.
 
Kagome couldn't believe it. The sun slowly appeared, brushing the waters of the lake. It kept crawling trough the flower field, that was surrounded in both sides by trees, the mountains at the distance with the lake. The house was at the beginning of the paradise.
`'You have to be joking'' she said, not believing her eyes.
`'You like it?'' Inuyasha asked.
`'Like it?! I LOVE IT!'' she exclaimed, and jumped off Shun, throwing herself into his rams.
`'It's perfect'' she said. They kissed passionately.
`'Come on, we both need rest'' he said.
`'And the horses?'' Kagome asked.
`'There's a stable behind the house'' Inuyasha answered.
 
After putting all of the horses in the barn, that was quite big, feeding them and unsaddling them, they entered the house. It was a one story house, but it was big enough. At the entrance was a big living room, with a big chimney. There was a kitchen at the left, and at the right of the house were two rooms, a small room for children and the big room. It had a big wedding bed in the middle, of very fine silk sheets, a light purple canopy, and two dressers at the right, a small desk on the left. Next to the room there was a big bathroom, with a sink, toilet and a huge bath tub. Kagome smiled.
`'It's perfect'' she said.
 
She returned to their room, the big one, and got all her things out of her bag, hanging carefully the kimono's and ribbons in the dresser, and went to the bathroom and left her brush next to the sink. Inuyasha followed her in. She prepared a hot bath, putting in a lot of soap that smelled like fresh flowers, and not mattering that Inuyasha was behind her, she took her clothes off and went in the tub. Inuyasha's face was assimilating a tomato's, and he turned away, giving his back to Kagome.
`'Inuyasha?''
`'Yeah?''
`'When was the last time you took a bath?''
 
Inuyasha couldn't help but laugh.
`'Fine, wench'' he said, took his haori off, and went in the tub with her.
`'What do you think you're doing?'' Kagome asked him, blushing crimson.
`'Well, since you just called me dirty'' he said with a smirk. Kagome sighed. She closed her eyes for a while, and then proceeded to scrub herself. Inuyasha stopped her and did it for her. They finally broke into a deep kiss, and once they separated, Kagome got out, grabbing a towel. She put on her night gown, brushed her hair and picked up their clothes. Inuyasha was still relaxing in the tub.
`'I'm going to clean our clothes'' she said.
`'Do that tomorrow, you'll get tired''
`'Well, if you want to run naked all day...'' she said with an evil smirk.
`'The owner was kind enough to leave us some clothes. Wash them tomorrow'' he said.
 
After washing the clothes in the kitchen, were there was a small washer, she put the clothes out in the patio for them to dry. Then, she returned to their room. Inuyasha was wearing long sleeping pants, nothing more.
`'I told you not to clean them'' he said.
Kagome just smiled, and went over the bed, covering herself with the sheets. Inuyasha turned the lamps off and got in the bed, ad Kagome snuggled closer to him, her face buried in his bare chest. He held her closely, and feeling the heat of each others body, they went to sleep in their new life.
 
 
A/N
 
Sorry its short, but it's better like that. At least I updated in a day! So, come on, tell me what u think, it isn't that hard to press that lovely purple button and say a few words!