InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Red petals that cry crimson tears ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 23: Red petals that cry with crimson tears
 
The cell room was dark, with only a small line of light illuminating it, which came trough a crack in the wall. It smelled of death, dry blood and piss from the dirty bucket that lay on the corner, intoxicating the air with its putrid smell. Cobwebs accumulated in the corners, were hungry spiders hung, waiting for prey, not daring to go near the giants beasts that were usually thrown in their homes.
 
Inuyasha, Kagome, Akame and Kahei were sitting against the wall. Kagome had Akame held tightly in her arms. The little girl was sleeping, tired by the agitation of the day. At least she didn't have to stand the cell while she was awake. Inuyasha was next to Kagome, one arm around her waist and another caressing her hair. Kahei had his eyes closed, and was sitting to Kagome's other side, and appeared to be thinking.
`'I'm sorry Kagome. I failed you, both of you. I don't even deserve to be with you'' Inuyasha's musky voice echoed trough the cell, scaring the tiny animals that lived there.
`'Don't ever say that again. Of course you deserve me. And you don't have to feel guilty. It's not your fault. I'm still alive, and so is Akame, so you haven't done anything wrong. You couldn't have done anything, Inuyasha'' Kagome tried to comfort him, kissing the nape of his neck, finding his sensible spot, and then rubbed slowly one of his ears. He leaned into her touch, and forgot about it, and he fell asleep on her shoulder, tired from the battle. Kagome smiled sadly at him, and sighed. She was forming a plan in her head. She should be able to talk some sense into her father, right?
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
`'Sesshoumaru! Sesshoumaru!'' Rin called for her husband as she ran trough the halls, panting, trying to catch her breath. In second he was by her side, having heard her with his sensible youkai senses.
`'What's wrong, Rin? What is it?'' he asked her, taking her in his arms.
`'Inuyasha, your brother! I think the emperor has brought them back, has them in captivity! I just saw Naraku, without a hand and an eye, talking to a bunch of soldiers about the success of the mission of bringing Kagome back! You have to do something, Sesshoumaru!'' she said, desperately.
`'WHAT?!'' Sesshoumaru yelled. He pushed her gently away, and making sure he had his sword, he ran out his palace like a flash. When he reached the emperor's front door, a few guards tried to stop him, but a single deadly look and a motion to his sword were enough for them to let him pass. He went up the stairs, walking fast, and when he finally reached the emperor's studio, he burst in, not bothering to knock. Naraku was there, talking to the emperor.
`'LEAVE!'' he yelled to Naraku, and after a nod from the emperor he did what he was told.
`'You thought you could fool me, you filthy weakling?!'' Sesshoumaru yelled, full of anger.
`'Sesshoumaru, for Kami's sake, calm down. What are you talking about?'' the emperor said, with too much of a calm tone.
`'Do NOT tell ME to CALM DOWN!'' he burst. `'You know perfectly what I am talking about! I thought I told you I'd kill you if you even dared to touch my brother, or his child! So what the FUCK were you thinking about, bringing them here?! I should kill you right now by my own hand!'' he kept on yelling, and unsheathed his sword, Toukijin, and pointed it to the emperor's throat.
`'Take me to see my brother, or this blade will be the last thing you ever see'' he said, his voice now cold and threatening. The emperor gulped and nodded dumbly. He called for a guard, which led Sesshoumaru down, not daring to even look him in the eye. Sesshoumaru had quite of reputation, and it was better if you respected him. When they finally reached the dungeons, Sesshoumaru burst out again.
`'This is were you keep my brother?'' he said, growling.
`'My lord, I only...follow orders...please don't kill me...'' he said, covering his face.
`'Go away, you weakling, just give me the keys'' he ordered, and the frightened guard did as he was told, and in seconds he had disappeared. Sesshoumaru stepped forward, and put they key in the door, opening the cell.
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Inuyasha woke up, as Kagome fiercely shook is shoulder.
`'Inuyasha, wake up!'' she said in an urgent whisper.
`'what is it?'' he asked, standing up.
`'Someone's coming!'' she said. Akame was now awake, gripping fiercely her mother's kimono. Kahei stood up as well, and they waited. Soon, the sound of a key in the lock was heard, and the door flew open. A tall, silver haired man stood at the entrance, fire of rage dancing in his golden eyes.
`'Sesshoumaru?!'' Inuyasha exclaimed. Off all people, he was the most unexpected.
`'Is that you Inuyasha? Good. Come on, I'm getting you out of here'' he said. They all hurried up, and Akame stared incredulous at Sesshoumaru, seeing how much he looked like his father. She reached out her tiny hand, and pulled of his hair. Sesshoumaru just frowned.
`'Sorry, she just does that to Inu, she might of thought you were him'' Kagome hurriedly apologized.
`'Good too see you had a child, lady Kagome. Do not worry, I will not keep her. Now the important thing is get you in my palace, where no one will harm you'' he said, giving Kagome a weak smile. Kagome nodded, and they kept walking. They reached the entrance, but were suddenly surrounded by a dozen guards, and a furious emperor at the front.
`'Sesshoumaru! What do you think you're doing?!'' he yelled.
`'calm down, emperor. I am taking to my palace my brother and niece. You cannot retain my family, your power is far less than that. And now, get out of the way'' he said, and pushed him aside, but was stopped by one of the guards swords.
`'You can take the filthy hanyou, but not my daughter!'' the emperor said.
`'True. Come, Inuyasha, and take your daughter'' Sesshoumaru said.
`'What?! I'm not leaving without Kagome!'' Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome looked desperately at Inuyasha, and then at the child in her arms, her daughter, their daughter.
`'Go with him, Inuyasha! You can save Akame!'' Kagome said, giving him the girl, but he refused to take her.
`'NO! I will not leave you!'' he said, and embraced her tightly. Sesshoumaru and the emperor stared, while Kahei stood by Inuyasha and Kagome's side.
`'Inuyasha, come!'' Sesshoumaru ordered.
`'NO!'' he yelled.
`'leave it, Sesshoumaru! He's staying here, and will be burned because of his insolence!'' the emperor said.
`'SILENCE!'' Sesshoumaru yelled, and unsheathed Toukijin, and in a flash he cut the emperor's arm. Then, all the youkai guards were on him, and he gasped as he felt a sword cut trough his stomach. He fell to his knees, and blood poured from his wound.
 
Akame started crying loudly, and Kagome tried to shush her, but it was no use. Then, the guards were on them, four holding Inuyasha and two holding Kagome.
`'Goddamit, let me GO!'' Inuyasha yelled furiously, struggling, but it was no use. Another guard ripped Akame from her mother, and took her away.
`'AKAME!'' she yelled. The guard carrying her screamed, and they saw Akame had dug her small claws and fangs in his neck. She fell to the floor, and got up, not knowing what to do.
`'GET HER!'' the emperor yelled. But then, a silver flash was seen, and in a blink both Akame and Sesshoumaru were gone.
`'At least she's safe...'' Kagome said. The guards held her grip on her, and questioned the emperor of what to do.
`'dawn is coming. Prepare the fire, in the middle of the village. Let the people see what happens to the ones who deceive me. Let Kahei go and die somewhere'' he ordered, and disappeared.
`'NO! KAGOME!'' Inuyasha yelled and struggled, but then a fist connected with his head, and he fell unconscious.
`'Inuyasha!'' Kagome yelled, but it was no use. `'Wait, just wait!'' she yelled at the guards. They stopped, frowning at her.
`'Kahei, here'' she said, and handed him a book. `'This is a diary, Kahei. Both I and Inuyasha have written everything, our story. Finish it. Make sure my daughter has it. Please'' she said. Kahei nodded, and took the book. Then, the guards kicked him out, and he fell to the floor, as they dragged Inuyasha and Kagome down to the village.
`'I'll never forget you, Kagome'' he said, with tears in his eyes. There was nothing he could do. Just wait and watch.
 
In the village, the people were asking themselves what this was all about. The palace guards were setting logs for a fire, and then, they had tied with chains both the emperor's daughter and the unconscious hanyou in a large pole, their backs facing each other trough the pole. A guard stepped in front of the people, who were now congregated around them.
`'This hanyou and Lady Kagome have deceived our emperor, and our Lord has obeyed their execution! Anyone who tries to save them or deceive in any way our Lord will have the same fate!'' he said, his voice loud. Murmurs swept trough the crowd, but none of them dared to say anything. In the front row, Kahei stood, clutching the book, tears sweeping his face. He knew the guards would not take him away if they saw him there.
 
Suddenly, Inuyasha opened his eyes, and began roaring when he saw the guard approaching them with a fiery torch.
`'KAGOME!'' he yelled, struggling against the chains, but his claws were immobilized. They were going to die and there was nothing he could do.
 
From the palace, the emperor watched from a window, as Kaede bandaged what was left of his arms. Suddenly, the door flew open, and Sesshoumaru stood at the door, with a scared Akame behind him.
`'stay here, don't look'' he told the girl, who nodded obediently.
`'You are going to pay'' he said, and in a flash he was in front of the emperor, and his sword was full of blood. Kaede gasped as the emperor's head slid off, followed by his body. A big pool of bloos covered the floor.
`'than you, Lord Sesshoumaru'' Kaede whispered, and went outside.
`'Akame, come'' he said. He picked the girl in his arms, and jumped out the window, almost flying. Maybe he would reach his brother in time.
 
The fire rapidly consumed the wood, and it ascended to them. Kagome yelled in apin as tongues of fire licked her feet.
`'Kagome!'' Inuyasha yelled. The fire soon reached his legs, tearing a scream of pain from him. Finally, the chain loosened, but it was too late. He simply turned, and embraced Kagome, protecting her with his body from the flames.
`'Inuyasha...I'll always love you'' Kagome said, as she again screamed in pain.
`'I'll always love you too, Kagome. Thank you for everything'' he said.
 
Sesshoumaru looked in shock as the flames were slowly killing them. He knew he could not do anything, and turned his back, heading for his home.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome, after bidding their love goodbyes, kissed passionately one more time, and the flames engulfed them, taking them away from this world forever. In the air, the first petals flashed in crimson, as they carried away the pain and love of the scene, and floated up to the glimmering sky, that shone upon the fire.
 
 
 
Epilogue
 
Akame slowly closed the book in her hands, as tears poured from her eyes in rivers of pain. She clutched her parent's diary to her chest, as she sobbed silently, like she often did. In her hand, there was also the purple ribbon Inuyasha had given Kagome a long time ago. Their death was forever remembered, even after the nineteen years that had passed. Akame had grown up in Sesshoumaru's new palace, the residence of the emperor. She was lying in her mother's bed, her purple pillows wet of tears.
 
After killing the emperor, Sesshoumaru had gained the throne. Along with Rin, they had took acre of Akame, but the girl was always distant. There was only one person who she talked to, Kahei, who now lived with them. He had given her the diary this very day, the day of her twentieth birthday. He had finished it, as he had promised Kagome, and had the day of their death. Now, Kagome was alone in this world.
 
Her parent's house, and the territories, had been appropriated by Sesshoumaru, and no one entered. There, in the valley, the herd of hoses kept on living, guided by Shun. Akame spent most of the days there, and now Raku was her horse, the colt she used to play with. He was in the stables, and if she had to go somewhere, shee took him, and then when she visited her parent's living place she took his saddle and reins off, and she let him go with his family, while Akame ate in the filed, or explored the house. She oftenly returned to her bedroom, and once she had spent three days living there. Sesshoumaru got very mad at her for disappearing like that, but she did not pay attention.
 
The days she wasn't in her true house, she sat at her mother's favourite bench, in the sakura trees patio, watching the pink petals. And every day, or every night, she always cried. The only things that comforted her were being alone, only in company of Raku, and in her house. But, this very day, she decided something. She wasn't going to live here anymore. So, she called for Kahei, told him her idea, and left, after saying goodbye to her uncle. She took Raku, and headed towards the forest. She knew Kouga was waiting for her. She had met him the first time she had come alone to her parent's house, and they were now good friends. Akame held no hate for the wolf. He was completely destroyed, and Akame was the only one who could save him. They oftenly spent hours in company, in a comfortable silence. They both needed someone.
 
So, that day, she went to live to her old parent's house, taking once more the life she had when her parent's were alive. She oftenly travelled, only her and Raku, in hopes to find something, although even she didn't know what.
 
But, one day, she found something.
 
Red petals led her to what she was looking for.
 
 
 
 
A/N
 
Yes, I know, kill me. But, it was meant to be. I knew from the beginning I was going to end it like this. They had to die. Because, this story, I really got it from another story I wrote, a short one, that's mainly this one but in a very much extended mode. If you guys review and ask me, I can put it so you can read it, I don't mind. So, that's the end to it. I may write a sequel, and tell you what Akame was looking for, but really it wouldn't have much sense. And I have other stories I want to write. But, heck, who knows, if I get enough reviews, I'll do it.
 
I won't answer reviews, just thanks a lot for everyone who has read and reviewed this story. Thank you very much.
 
And now, a little treat: A trailer of my next story, called Mississippi River.
 
 
America, a long time ago. White men were conquering this new land. Indians lived hidden, and men made their fortunes grow, towns were built, women dressed in big dresses, men made business. Demons and hanyous were slaves. Life had given a big turn, for everyone.
 
OoOoOoOOoo
In an Indian tribe, a hanyou is born from the union of and Indian girl and a Japanese demon lord.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
In the Mississippi area, a man extends his power. He lives in a bog house. He has many plantations, were demons work. He has a wife, a beautiful woman named Sango, and also two other women live in the household, cousins with Sango.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
`'What are you doing here?'' Sango asked the young man under her balcony.
`'My beloved Sango, you know why. I love you'' The boy, Miroku answered.
 
OoOoOoOOoo
 
Kagome rode her horse in side-saddle, observing the fields. Suddenly, a cry was heard, and she spotted a few demons trying to kill a hanyou.
`'Stop, or I will have the Lord kill you!'' she yelled. The demons quickly ran away, and she jumped off the horse, and helped the hanyiou get on his feet.
`'I don't need your help!'' he yelled at her, his amber eyes full of hate, and ran away.
 
OoOoOoOOoo
 
`'Kagome! Don't tell me you're in love with a slave!'' Rin said.
`'So are you!'' Kagome backfired. `'You like that Sesshoumaru slave, admit it!''
 
 
 
That's all! Hope u like it!
 
 
 
Deadly Crimson