InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Howl of the wolf, sword of the death, arrow of death ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 22: howl of the wolf, sword of the fang, arrow of death
 
Night hung in the murmuring trees as a delicate silk blanket, covered in glittering stars and planets that slowly moved in the immensity of space. But the trees were not calm. Their strong branches shook, their leaves whispered to each other, and animals hid in their living places. Somewhere in the forest's depths, a wolf gave out a strangled howl of pain to the beautiful moon, which listened to its cries of sorrow. The grey wolf, after finishing its protests, shifted his attention to his pack, which had been summoned by his call. They had a visitor, with disturbing news. After all the wolves paid their respects to the Alfa male, and to the wolf demon that sat between them, next to the Alfa male. The Alfa male, whose name in the wolf language meant Stormbringuer, gave the news to his pack, and were not well received. Kouga had informed them of Kagome's fears, and wanted them to keep watch for him. It was a threat for all, for if a big battle begun, the forest, their home, would be severely damaged. So they made a pact with the wolf youkai and all the males and females that didn't have to watch over their cubs stationed themselves in different parts of the forest, and would give the call if anything unusual happened, and Kouga remained with the Alpha male, on full guard. It was going to be one hell of a night.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome shifted her position, feeling a ray of sun brushing her face. She heard a groan beside her, and opened her eyes to see the golden-eyed hanyou looking at her, frowning. She smiled warmly, and gave him a good morning kiss.
`'You move too much when you sleep, you know that?'' he protested, while his lips played with her neck, sending shivers through her naked body. She kissed his chest, and he turned her around, placing himself on top of her, trailing kisses down her stomach, teasing her nipples with his tongue.
`'What if Akame comes in?'' she asked, but let out a moan when she felt his fingers touch her core.
`'She would see her parents doing nasty things'' he answered. Kagome let out another moan, as he caressed her with expert hands, and soon enough she broke into an orgasm. He then fell by her side, watching her as she tried to catch her breath.
`'Come on, let's get washed, it's our daughter's birthday'' she said after she had recovered, and got up, not bothering to cover herself, and went into the bathroom.
 
Thirty minutes later, Kagome kissed her daughter's cheek.
`'Wake up, sweetie! Happy birthday!'' she said. Inuyasha was standing beside them, smiling. Akame yawned, her ears twitching, and sat up in bed. Kagome hugged her, and gave her a wrapped present. The now 1 year old girl opened it impatiently, and gasped when she got it out. It was a medium sized teddy bear, which Kagome had bought in town. These kind of toys were new, and were brought with the chocolate and other things by the yellow-haired barbarians. Akame hugged her mother, and then Inuyasha picked her up, and she kissed his cheek. Inuyasha tickled her in her stomach, making her giggle.
`'Come on, uncle Kahei's going to come any time now!'' he said cheerfully.
 
The sun was shining brightly, the lake was shimmering, and the horses were grazing. The sakura trees were getting full of petals, and tomorrow they would start falling. On the road that leads to their house, Kahei cantered happily, carrying a big present in his bag. After dismounting, he let Aoi go with the other horses, and was greeted by a very cheerful Akame. He gave her his present. It was a rag doll, which Akame loved. They ate in the living room, talking cheerfully, laughing with Akame. When they had finished eating, Kagome cleared the plates, and the all sat in the fresh grass, with Shun and Raku grazing by their side.
 
Suddenly, Inuyasha stiffened, and got up, growling.
`'What the fuck is he doing here'' he muttered, and soon enough a tornado approached them, followed by a dark grey wolf. Kouga stopped, and Stormbringuer stood by his side. Kagome got up, panicking, with Akame in her arms. The little girl was focusing her attention at the wolf, not noticing the tension.
`'Kouga? Tell me you're not here because...'' Kagome didn't finish the phrase.
`'I stayed at guard all night with the pack of this male. Early this morning, a female saw a huge group of armed men coming to the forest. I came as fast as I could'' he said, biting his lip.
`'I was right...'' Kagome said. She looked at Inuyasha, her heart racing in panic.
`'Kahei, might as well get your sword and horse, and try to be useful, Kouga, and help us here. Kagome, stay in the house, armed. I will not let any harm come to you'' he said, dead serious, and unsheathed Tetsusaiga.
`'I'll stay in the stables with Shun and Raku, it's less obvious'' Kagome said, and whistling to Shun, he followed her, and so did Raku. Akame was getting nervous now. She new something was wrong. Kagome ran into the house, and got out her sword, bow and arrows, and went into the stables with Shun and Raku. She put on Shun is saddle, and then crouched in a corner with Akame in her arms, clutching her sword, and Shun stood in front of her, Raku close by him.
 
Outside, Inuyasha gripped his father's fang, waiting, his ears twitching, catching every sound. Kouga and Stormbringuer stood by his side; Kouga also with his sword unsheathed, and by their side was Kahei on Aoi, sword in hand.
`'Stormbringuer says that the wolves will try to kill the most they can, but they will flee if they are in too much danger'' Kouga said.
Inuyasha nodded, but remained silent. He would protect his home, even if it took him to hell.
 
After ten minutes, the tingle of metal against metal, armours moving, horses whining, acme from the forest, and the emperor's army appeared, lead by Naraku himself.
`'Hanyou! Prepare to die!'' he yelled, and the soldiers ran forward, and them as well. Kouga ran in his tornado, slicing men and not being harmed, and Kahei, as master warrior he was, ran between the men with Aoi, cutting them. Inuyasha ran to Naraku, but he seemed to disappear, and concentrated on the never ending men.
`'KAZE NO KIZU!'' he yelled, and the scar of light cut through them, sending them flying. He screams of the dying men where heard everywhere. But they kept coming. Inuyasha sliced men, moving his feet like dancing, ducking, jumping, dodging, killing. Aoi, who was well used to this, moved just in time to dodge a lethal blow, permitting Kahei to kill, and Kouga, helped by Stormbringuer, who jumped and bit the men in the neck, killing them as he broke the vein of life. Howls of wolves were heard from the forest, and screams of men. The wolves were doing their job. Kouga, being in the possession of three shards of the Shikon Jewel, punched, ran and killed many men. But there were to many, and Inuyasha's attacks of Tessaiga were useless. The horses of the valley ran in all directions, fleeing, scared. And the men went forward.
`'Search the house and stables! Find the emperor's daughter!'' Naraku's voice was heard.
 
Inside the stables, Akame was crying, scared by the screams outside.
`'Shush, love, be good and don't cry'' Kagome tried to calm her, embracing her tightly. When she heard the order of searching the stables, she knew it was time for her to fight.
`'Akame listen to Mommy. I want you to stop crying, everything is alright, but you have to be quiet, and stay here. No matter what, Akame, don't move from here, and don't look out. Only if I, daddy or Kahei calls you you can come out. Will you do it for me, baby?'' she said. Akame nodded, and clutched tightly her teddy bear, for she hadn't let it go in all morning. Kagome stood up, bow and arrow ready, sword in its sheath, eyes vigilant, and stood next to Shun. She pushed Raku in front of Akame, so the horse would protect her if necessary, and Shun stood by her side. Soon, men came, and fell as Kagome's bows killed them. She shot a purifying arrow, which sent men flying. Soon, she threw the bow to the floor and took out her sword, Jato. Trusting it, she danced, and men fell around her. Shun also helped, bucking up and killed men instantly with his powerful hooves. But there were too many. Raku bucked up as well, protecting Akame, who stood silent, scared to death, clutching her teddy bear.
`'Get the princess and her child!'' men yelled.
`'INUYASHA!'' Kagome yelled as high as she could. Outside, Inuyasha heard his lover's call.
`'I'm coming, Kagome! Hold on! Kahei, cover me!'' he yelled, and ran to the stables, killing every man in sight. Kagome and Inuyasha stood back by back, killing men, protecting their daughter. Soon, the horses from the valley also helped, hearing Kagome's piercing whistle, for she had trained them, and the men couldn't handle both youkai and horses, so the horses had the advantage, seeing they weren't harmed, and stepped on everybody. But there was no end to it. Outside, Koga and Kahei were fighting fearlessly, and many wolves had joined them already. Inuyasha had had enough.
`'Kahei, Kouga, make way!'' he yelled. The men where startled, not knowing what was to come.
`'BAKURYUUHA!'' he yelled, and a powerful wave shook the land, sending men flying. The horses had fled just in time, for their perception of danger was accurate.
`'Kagome, take Shun and Raku, ride with Akame, and leave. I will come for you'' Inuyasha said, while men advanced trough the field.
`'No! I'm not leaving! I'll, stay here, I can handle myself! Go out, I'll call you if I need you! Go!'' she ordered. Inuyasha frowned, but nodded, knowing she was right. If she fled, they'd track her down anyways. They had to be together.
 
Kagome, seeing men weren't going to come for a while, went by Akame, and kissed her forehead.
`'You're doing great, sweetheart. Stay like this, ok? Raku will protect you. If anyone comes that Raku can't deal with, call for me. You have to be strong. It will be over soon. Be strong like your father'' she said. Akame nodded.
`'I'll be strong, Mommy. I promise'' she said. Kagome kissed her cheek again, and stood up, next to Shun again, Raku and Akame behind, in the corner.
`'Shun, stay here'' she said, and she went to the entrance, with her bow ready. When she saw a big group of men, she shot a purifying arrow, that sent them flying. Like that, she would be very useful. But the army didn't seem to end.
 
Inuyasha now fought next to Kahei, Kouga ahead of them, with the wolves.
`'Inuyasha, behind you!'' Kouga yelled, and Inuyasha dodged just in time, too see one of Naraku's tentacles fly past him, right were his heart would have been.
`'You are mine'' he said, and the fight begun. Naraku's tentacles were too fast, but Inuyasha was faster. He wasn't the Inu No Taishou's son for nothing. They moved, dodging, not being able to even scratch one another. But then, as Inuyasha jumped to position himself behind him, a purifying arrow shot trough Naraku's stomach, and he exploded. But Inuyasha knew better. Naraku would put himself together. In the meantime, he turned his attention to the coming men. Kahei was fighting best as ever, but he had a few injuries, although not too serious. Kouga was not even scratched, but many wolves lay dead. Stormbringuer had ordered the few that were still alive to flee, and that if he died, they knew who would take his place, a wolf called Blizzard. So they did as they were told. The number of men was finally decreasing, and with another blow of Kaze no Kizu, and a few arrows from Kagome, it seemed they had killed them all.
 
Inuyasha went by Kagome, and let himself drop to his knees. He had a serious injury in his stomach. Kagome kneeled by him.
`'Is it over?'' she asked, as she put a hand over his wound, and concentrated her Miko powers in curing it. With his youkai blood and her Miko powers, soon the wound had disappeared.
`'I think so. Where's Akame?'' he asked.
`'sweetie, come out now'' Kagome said, and the girl stepped out, and stood next to Raku, then ran to her mother. But suddenly, a scream was heard outside.
`'Second fore, come forward!'' Naraku's voice was heard. Inuyasha's eyes reflected panic, and so did Kagome's.
`'More?'' Kagome asked.
`'stay here as always, help me with your arrows. I will not let you be taken away fro me!'' Inuyasha growled, and ran outside.
`'is everyone ok?'' he asked. Kahei nodded, although he wad tired, and Kuga nodded as well, as he tried to catch his breath. Stormbringuer sat by his side, waiting. He was a strong wolf.
 
Soon, Naraku appeared again, running to them, and another three thousand men behind him. Inuyasha's heart faltered. He wasn't sure if they could kill the all.
`'Stand back! BAKURYUUHA!'' he yelled, and men and trees flew trough the air. But somehow Naraku had managed to dodge it, along with many men. Only 100 men had died in the blow, and that was as if they had only killed one. Things were getting pretty ugly.
 
Inuyasha ran, with Aoi and Kouga by his side, and an arrow flew past them, killing another bunch of men. But there were too many, and they were tired. The men advanced in mass to the stables, to their main target. Kagome, and the mononoke's daughter. Inuyasha tried to contain them, but Naraku distracted him, and he couldn't run to help his lover.
`'KAGOME; RUN!'' he yelled. The whine of a horse was heard, and Shun cantered brutally out, with Kagome riding him, and Akame in front of her, with Raku following behind. But they never made it. The men threw her off Shun, and while two men contained Shun and Raku, who Kagome had also put a saddle and reins, three men grabbed Kagome, and another three got hold of Akame.
`'INUYASHA!' she yelled. Kouga went to her, but then, a whine was heard, and Stormbringuer fell dead.
`'NO!'' Kouga yelled in anger, but then, an arrow cut through his stomach, and he fell to the floor, unconscious. The warriors ignored him, and continued forward, trying to take Kahei down, and soon enough he too fell. Inuyasha tried to aid Kagome, but then, distracted, one of Naraku's tentacle flew right trough his stomach, and he fell as well. In five minutes, they had them all, including Shun, Raku and Aoi surrounded. Inuyasha had Kagome and Akame in his arms, and he was growling furiously. Kouga was abandoned in the field, for they thought he was dead, but Kagome knew better. At least he could save himself. Kahei was with them, with a great bleeding cut in his arms. Shun, Raku and Aoi were next to them, snorting, trying to get free.
`'Goddamit, let the horses go'' Kahei said. `'They're no use to you''
`'Do as he says, we don't need any more burden'' Naraku ordered. The horses immediately ran with the others, which were all in mass next to the lake.
`'So, hanyou, ready to see your life go to hell?'' Naraku said. Inuyasha spit at his face, and Naraku calmly wiped it off.
`'I'll show you manners when we get to the palace. As for you, princess, the emperor is very displeased with you'' he chuckled. The he kneeled, and looked at Akame in the eye.
`'And you, little filthy brat, you will live in hell'' Naraku said, but suddenly, he found an arrow stuck in his eye, that Kagome had been keeping in her hand. Naraku screamed in agony, and slowly pulled it out.
`'You bitch!'' he yelled, and tried to hit her, but was cut of by Inuyasha's clawed hand, that cut his hand off. Naraku yelled again, clutching his bleeding hand, while crimson tears poured down his face from his wound.
`'don't make any more movements or you won't stay in one piece'' Inuyasha threatened him.
`'Get him!'' Naraku said, pointing at Kahei. A soldier picked him up and threw him at Naraku, who put his blade to his neck.
`'Any more funny stuff and I'll send him to hell, where all of you belong!'' Naraku said. Inuyasha staid still, and then the soldiers forced him to get up, and they started walking, Inuyasha and Kagome with Akame in her arms together, Kahei next to Naraku, still with the blade to his throat, and they led them away from their home.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kouga slowly regained consciousness, and looked around, trying to place where he was. Then, he remembered everything. He saw not too far away Stormbringuer dead form, but he was alone. They had lost, he knew. They had taken Kagome. He got up, and took out the arrow from his stomach, whining. He knew he couldn't do anything. It was too late. He had two choices. Kill himself, or live with the guilt as a burden in his shoulders. Then, he remembered Akame. If he lived, even her parents died, he could do something for her...
 
He got up, and began to walk towards the forest. He then howled, and soon the wolves came. He informed them about Stormbringuer's death, and the new Alpha male, a white wolf named Blizzard, offered him his hospitality. He accepted it, and he went with the wolves, deciding he'd stay there until he found something useful to do.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
The next day, as dawn came and the sun brushed the trees, waking them from their slumber, Naraku and the army, along with their prisoners, made it to the emperor's territories. Two hours later, the castle appeared before them, standing mighty. The soldiers retired to their respective homes, and Naraku led his prisoners through the damp halls that Kagome knew all too well. The maids peeked from their rooms, wondering, gossiping, and soon enough the hole household knew their lady had come back, with a lover and a child, and the good and loved Kahei as well. Kagome saw Sango, with Miroku behind her, looking at them, but she did nothing.
 
Finally, they reached the top floor, and Naraku knocked at the door of the emperor's studio. After permission of coming in was allowed, Naraku opened the door, and threw them all in.
`'My Lord, I have done as you wished. Here is your daughter, the filthy hanyou, and the traitor Kahei'' he said, bowing.
`'I see. Thank you, Naraku. And what is this? You have lost your hand and eye? Go treat your wounds, let me alone with them'' the emperor ordered.
`'Yes, My Lord'' he said, and left.
 
The emperor got up, and walked towards them. Inuyasha had Kagome in his arms, with a trembling Akame between them, Kahei by their side. They were sitting on the floor, not daring to get up.
`'So, hanyou, tell me what you had in mind, how were you so foolish to think that you could take away my daughter, and mark her with your filthy blood, making her have a disgusting hanyou for a child?'' he said, his voice full of anger.
`'I CHOSE TO GO WITH HIM! HE IS NOT FILTHY, HE DID NOT `'MARK'' ME, AND MY DAUGHTER IS LESS FILTHY THAN YOU WILL EVER BE!'' Kagome yelled at him, tears streaming down her face. `'I left because I hate you! I left with someone that actually loved me, something you never showed! You only loved your precious Kikyo! I HATE YOU!'' she kept yelling.
`'You have dishonoured me, running away with that. And you shall be punished, both of you. I cannot forgive what you have done! Tomorrow your execution will have place, and your filthy daughter will be a slave in this house'' he said coldly. `'And as for you, Kahei, or you leave tomorrow or I will have you killed with them. I cannot believe you betrayed me!'' he scolded.
`'I will leave, but they're coming with me. You have no right to kill them!'' Kahei said.
`'Do not talk to me like that! I will do what I want, I am the emperor! It's up to you: leave or die!''
Kahei stayed in silence, his eyes blazing with anger.
`'Now you will stay in the dungeons below, until tomorrow when you shall be killed'' he said. A minute later, five youkai guards came in, and took them away. They would have fought, but it was no use. The youkais were too strong. They led them to the basement, and threw them in a dungeon, and closed the door, leaving them in darkness.
 
 
A/N
 
Well, I thought this was a good place to stop. Long chapter, huh? Hoped you liked it. The next chapter is going to be the last probably, and I'll include the epilogue in it. So, review or bad things will happen!
 
To the reviewers:
 
Whitetiger-isabella: thanx for the review, I appreciate it.
 
Kagomefan595: tanx to you as well, I love ur reviews!
 
rene800: thank you!
 
petpeeves12: lol! How evil of you! you laugh at me!
 
Eowyn-Organa: uh-oh indeed...
 
k1ta.ky0ko: thanks a lot for the review!!
 
Daughter of the Forest: thanx for your review. I get bored, but I would never let if hanging and not finish it!
 
Raithya: as always, thanks a million for the long reviews, I enjoy so much reading them! About the weird twist in the end....just wait and see. I just tell you it's gonna be a BIG twist. And of course I'm not deleting it! I'm just dying to write the ending, in the next chapter you'll know why. And probably no, Miroku would have NOy kept his wandering hands...he never can!
 
Shilo: thanks!