InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Red petals ❯ Cold breeze of the winter, pink petals of spring ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red petals
 
Chapter 21: Cold breeze of the winter, pink petals of spring
 
Its is incredible how time can pass when one is dreading a moment to come. In a blink of an eye, spring had given way to summer, with a good time of fun for the family, and slowly autumn had moved in, tainting the trees is shades of brown, yellow and orange, and the smell of the trees hung on the air, intoxicating, yet delighting at the same time. Akame by now could speak almost perfectly. When winter settled in, they were forced once again to put the horses on the stable, and to be locked in their house, sitting by the fire. Kahei stopped visiting when winter came by, and they found themselves alone, fearing more than anything else Akame's birthday, although the little girl couldn't wait for it.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Sesshoumaru and Rin had their wedding on the last day of autumn, and was probably the biggest event in years. Everybody had gone to see the cold lord give his once frozen heart to Rin, the beautiful woman with the ebony locks. The emperor was the only one that seemed rather discomforted with the engagement, but people always thought he was mad at everything, especially after his daughter had escaped with the half demon, for by now everybody knew that.
 
Another wedding, although much less important, was Sango's and Miroku's. The girl had finally see upon the perverted Houshi. Miroku was never seen happier, and the same for Sango, for she had fallen in deep sorrow since her brother's death and Kagome's escape. But things seemed to be going fine now, for everyone.
 
As for Kahei, he continued living in the town, in a small house he had managed to buy, that had a small stable where he kept Aoi. Many of the women in town knew who he was, Kahei, the great warrior of the emperor, and many tried to flirt with him, their fathers talking him into getting married with their daughters, but he always denied. He knew he would only love one, but she was not meant for him. But he didn't feel jealousy, or anger, like Kohaku had. He felt happy for Kagome. She had finally found the man of her dreams, and Inuyasha was the best husband, so to be called, she could have. And he was happy for her, and worried as well, for she had told him, well Inuyasha had told him about her `'premonition''. As if it was true or not, nobody knew.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
`'Daddy! Look, Daddy!'' Akame exclaimed as she tried to get on big Shun while he was laying on his legs. She sat on his back, and Sun snorted. He didn't get up, so he wouldn't hurt Akame, but he made very clear he wanted some peace.
`'Come on, Akame, you little rascal! You're going to get sick!'' Inuyasha scolded her, and picked her up in his arms, letting Shun lay down, with another snort. Kagome came down to them, and took Akame in her arms, seeing that she was pulling on Inuyasha's hair, again.
`'She was just having a little fun. But still, Akame, don't bother Shun when he's sleeping, or he won't let you play with Raku!'' Kagome said. Raku was Shun's colt, that wasn't much of a colt anymore. He had turned out to be a very big and strong horse, as black as his father, for the exception of his white socks and the diamond in his forehead. But still he wasn't a year old, and Akame enjoyed much playing with him, and Raku didn't complain about it.
 
Winter was fading away, giving way to spring. It was still cold, but not enough to keep them inside. Las week they had let the horses out again, as the ice in the grass slowly melted, as well as the lake. Kahei, who Akame had started calling `'Uncle Kahei'', was visiting them again. He enjoyed much playing with the little girl, always in company of Shun if they were outside. Kagome had forgotten that terrible day, and Inuyasha was happy to see her feeling better.
`'Come on, let's get you something to eat'' Kagome said, and returned to the house, followed closely by Inuyasha.
`'I'll have to go to the village this evening, we're running out of food'' Kagome said as she brought the food to the living room, as they sat on the cushions. Akame now ate the same food as them, and she loved to eat rice with the chopsticks (and throw rice at her father too). Inuyasha always grumbled about `'that little runt that hated him'', but then Akame would give him her biggest hug, and Inuyasha was drooling all over her.
`'I can go if you want me to'' Inuyasha said.
`'No, it's alright, it's been a lot of time since I've gone as far as the valley, I want a little ride with Shun, so you'll have to stay here and take care of Akame'' Kagome said as they sat on the stairs that led to their door, with Akame running around in front of them. The horses were sleeping or grazing in the field, and the lake was calm.
`'Great, an evening of torture based on hair pulling and food spitting'' Inuyasha mumbled, but he really didn't mean it. It was just in his nature to protest about every single thing.
`'You're so stubborn!'' Kagome scolded him, but placed a kiss on his cheek.
`'Well, I'll be leaving now, I'm going to change'' Kagome said, and entered the house. Half an hour later, she was on Shun and ready to go.
`'Remember, don't let her out of sight, don't let her pick anything from the floor, especially eat it, and don't let her bother the horses too much. If I'm not here an hour after it's dark, first don't worry, second give her dinner. Got it?'' Kagome ordered to a mumbling Inuyasha.
`'Yeah, I got it. Now you be careful, ok? Do you have your sword?''
`'Yes. Bye now'' and with that, she turned Shun over and left at a trot, her riding cloak bouncing behind her. Inuyasha sighed, and sat under the sakura tree, with Akame on his lap.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kagome arrived at the town in an hour, as always. She had changed from trotting to cantering many times, wanting to get some exercise. She was always aware of her surroundings, always on alert, feeling the weight of the sword on her waist. When she reached the entrance of the village, she dismounted, and guiding Shun by the reins, she bought all the things she needed. After her shopping was done, she headed for Kahei's house. After putting Shun on the stable, next to Aoi, she knocked on the door. She didn't need to knock three times for the door tu fly open, and a very angry Kahei appearing.
`'I'm telling you old people, I'm not marrying your daughters! Oh, Kagome, sorry, I thought it was someone else...come in'' he said. Kagome giggled, and entered the house, and sat on a cushion.
`'So, what was the greeting for?'' she said, with a smirk on her face.
`'Well since it seems I'm famous or something every old man of this stupid village has asked me to marry his daughter, and every time someone knocks on the door it's one of them'' he sighed.
`'Now you know how I felt!'' she said, and smiled.
`'So, why are you here? Usually it's Inuyasha who comes to do the shopping'' Kahei said as he handed her a cup of tea.
`'Well I wanted to come, it's been a long time since I haven't been out. And how do you know it's Inuyasha who does the shopping? Does he come to visit you?''
`'Of course not, it's just that I always happen to be out when he comes. You know he's not very fond of me''
`'Don't say that! He likes you, it's just that he gets very jealous over me, and he knows you...'' Kagome didn't finish the phrase, not wanting to hurt him.
`'I understand. By the way it's getting dark. You want me to accompany you back?'' Kahei asked.
`'No, I'm safe enough with Shun and your sword'' Kagome said, and after thanking him for the tea, she left. Once she was out of the village, she mounted Shun and left at full gallop. When she felt tired, she shifted to walk. Suddenly, she heard something. And it was coming for her. She unsheathed her sword, and she saw what it was. A tornado.
 
Kouga.
 
The tornado stopped right in from of her, causing Shun to bolt, but she turned him around. Kouga stood there, looking at her, she pointed her sword at his neck, but he didn0t move.
`'What do you want?'' she said, her voice filled with anger.
`'Kagome, I just want to make it up to you in some way. I feel very sorry for what happened'' he said.
`'That does not change anything. You made me loose a child. I cannot forgive you for that'' she said, her voice cold. `'Next time I see you, I will not hesitate in slicing your throat''
`'Kagome, just listen. I know you're worried about something. Just, please let me help you!'' he begged. Kagome thought for a moment.
`'There is something you can do'' she said reluctantly, putting her sword back in its sheath.
`'Anything''
`'The day before the first petals of the sakura trees fall to the floor is my daughter's birthday. Something is going to happen, something bad. I want you to be in the forest that day at full watch. If anything comes, tell me'' she ordered.
`'Yes. I will not let anything harm you again, Kagome. Not even me'' and with that he was gone. Kagome sighed and continued on full canter towards her house.
 
After taking the saddle and reins from Shun she let him go down to the field, and she entered the house. Inuyasha was trying to get Akame to eat, but all she did was spit food and giggle.
`'Hi everyone!'' she said cheerfully.
`'Mommy!'' Akame said, and ran to her mother. She picked her up in her arms, and the girl embraced her with her little arms.
`'Were you spitting food at Daddy?'' she asked.
`'yes she was!'' Inuyasha said.
`'Honey, don't do that! How many times do I have to tell you?!'' she said, and let her back on the floor.
`'I'm going to take a bath, I'll be right back'' and with that she was gone.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOo
 
After they had eaten their dinner, Kagome kissed Akame goodnight and went to her own bed. Inuyasha took her in his arms, and kissed the top of her head.
`'Something happened when you went to the village, right?'' he said softly.
`'How do you know?'' Kagome asked him, looking up to his golden eyes that seemed to shine in the dark.
`'I've known you long enough to be able to tell what's on that head of yours'' he answered, and kissed her tenderly.
`'Kouga came when I was heading back. I told him next time I saw him, I'd kill him. He was trying to apologize. So I told him to keep guard in the forest on Akame's birthday, just in case''
`'What?!''
`'Calm down, he'll be a good guard. Let him be useful for something, since he's stupid to hell''
`'Ok, but I still don't like the idea of having that wimpy wolf near us!'' he protested, but she kissed him quiet. He returned the kiss, and they fell asleep, embracing each other.
 
 
A/N
 
Wooooooooooooooooo! I updated! Sorry, it's just that I'm getting very bored of this story, it sucks! But still, I was planning to end it in one or two chapters more, depending on my laziness. Probably 2 chapters, and this story's going bye bye! But ah well. I'm lazy even to answer to reviewers, so just thanks to all u guys. Bye now!