InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnate and Incarnate Switched ❯ Down the Well and Back Again Part 1 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7: Down the Well and Back Again Part 1

"Pay no heed to Inuyasha child." Kaede told Kikyo as Kikyo turned and ran. Inuyasha leaped in front of her. "You're not going anywhere until you hand over the Shikon no Tama." Inuyasha stated and proceeded to kill Kikyo so he could take the jewel. Kikyo barely dodged Inuyasha's attack. She continued to run. "I knew someday it would come to this." Kaede said. She took out a necklace and began chanting a spell. The beads broke apart and reconnected around Inuyasha's neck. Inuyasha held the necklace and muttered. "What the hell are these?" as he stared in wonder. "Quickly Kikyo the word of subdugation." Kaede stated. "What word?" Kikyo asked but didn't have time to recieve an answer as Inuyasha attacked again causing her to drop the jewel. It rolled onto the bridge in front of them. Inuyasha ran towards the bridge and was about to grab the jewel. Kikyo faintly heard Kaede telling her to subdue Inuyasha. She looked at his ears and finally thought of a word. "Ummm....Inuyasha sit boy!" Kikyo said and Inuyasha hit the ground face flat. When he could move again he grabbed hold of the necklace. "Kaede! Get this off of me!" he yelled. "I'm sorry Inuyasha but even you lack the power to remove it. The only one that could remove that is Kagome." Kaede replied. "What?! You baka onna, you better take this off me!" Inuyasha ranted. Kaede sighed. "The word please." she said. Kikyo looked at Inuyasha. "Sit boy." she said and he was subdued cracking the wooden bridge and falling into the river as the water carried him away. Kikyo picked up the jewel. 'That was easy. Wish I'd known about the powers of the rosary earlier.' she thought as the villagers, Kaede and herself made their way back to the village.

The next day Kikyo sat staring at the Shikon no tama as Kaede sewed the wound on her side. She looked at Inuyasha who was laying with his arms behind his head staring at the fire. "Inuyasha what are you still doing here?" she asked. Inuyasha looked at Kikyo with a blank expression. "I'm waiting for the jewel." he said coldly. Kaede looked at Inuyasha. "Pay no mind to him Kikyo, with the beads around his neck his threat is diminished. Its also probably the only way we can allow him so close to the jewel." she stated. Inuyasha sat up and punched a whole through the wooden floor of the hut. "That's it! I'm tired of hearing some dried up witch talk like she knows me!" he ranted loudly. Kaede laughed a bit. "So you don't remember me. I am the younger half sister of Kagome Inuyasha." she said. Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. "So you're the little brat who always told Kagome to stay away from me." he said. "With good reason I might add." Kaede retorted. "Feh whatever. If you're this old Kagome must be pretty darn old too." Inuyasha said. "Sure am glad I don't have to worry about being old atleast not for a while." he added. "Kagome didn't worry either. Kagome died." Kaede said. Inuyasha's eyed held a look of sadness for a second but just as it came it was gone. 'What happened between Inuyasha and Kagome that makes him speak so codly about her.' Kikyo wondered to herself. "It was on the same day she shot you with her arrow binding you to the Goshinboku." Kaede again spoke. "Gee sorry to hear it. Not that I really care or nothing. That's just one less thing for me to worry about." Inuyasha said though as coldly as he could muster because inside his heart was screaming in pain. "Inuyasha you don't fool me, I know you are greiving inside." Souta stated as he walked in. "And just who are you to make assumptions?!" Inuyasha retorted. "I am Kagome little brother Souta. Its been a while dog boy." he replied. "Feh. I don't care about that wench. She was a stupid onna who only got in my way." Inuyasha said quickly and turned away. "Whatever you say Inuyasha. Whatever you say." Souta whispered knowingly.

The next day Inuyasha sat on a hill as Kaede made a fire and Kikyo bathed in a river. He thought about Kagome. 'So Kagome died. I wonder how.' were his thoughts as flashbacks of the times he spent alone with Kagome popped into his mind. He remembered how it felt to kiss her and a small tint of red appeared on his cheeks. He sighed and shook his head to clear his thoughts. He glared ahead. 'Stupid wench broke the jewel.' he thought as he remembered how Kikyo had broken the jewel in the process of retrieving it from a crow demon.

Kikyo came up from the water so only her head was viewable. "Inuyasha could you turn around please so I can get out?" she asked. Inuyasha sighed but complied anyway. Kaede handed Kikyo a priestess kimono. Kikyo changed behind some bushes. "You can turn around now Inuyasha." she said coming out from behind the bushes.

When Inuyasha turned what he saw shocked him. Kikyo extremely resembled Kagome in the attire of a priestess. "Take it off." he said. "What did you say?!" Kikyo yelled. "I said take it off!" Inuyasha yelled back. Kikyo grabed a near by rock and hit Inuyasha on the head with it. "Ow....that hurt! Why did you?.." Inuyasha began but got cut off. "You're such a pig!" Kikyo yelled at him. Inuyasha held his head with one hand and pointed to Kikyo's school uniform with the other. "I never said get naked stupid. I just can't stand seeing you in those clothes!" Inuyasha stated loudly. "Take it off and get back into your own clothes!" he continued. "Why because I look like Kagome?!" Kikyo retorted. "Feh! Kagome has nothing to do with this!" Inuyasha replied. Kikyo had just about enough. "Sit!" she said. Inuyasha groaned in pain when he hit the ground. Kikyo noticed Kaede was gone. She walked over to where he clothes were hanging drying and grabbed them. "Goodbye Inuyasha." she said. "What?!" Inuyasha asked. "You heard me. I'm going back home!" Kikyo said and began to walk away. "Wait, baka!" Inuyasha said and began to follow her. "My name is not baka its Kikyo!" Kikyo yelled back at him still looking a head and walking. "Look will you just wait and hear me out?!" Inuyasha said a bit less loud. Kikyo turned to him. "Why so you can try and stop me?!" she yelled. "No, so you can give me your jewel shard!" Inuyasha answered. Kikyo closed her eyes and held up the small pouch that held the shikon no tama shard. "Oh this? Sit boy!" Kikyo said and walked away.

To Be continued